Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Ah, the internet says you need to be outside the starting area before you can do it. I am not totally against the idea of giving Turbine a fiver to play the game and coincidentally getting enough points to buy a guild charter.

If we do make a guild, does anyone have a less stupid name suggestion?

DRPS
    Rock, Paper, Swords (or Rock, Paper, Sorcery)
    or, of course, Rock, Paper, Dragon

Rogue, Paladin, Sorceror (walk into a bar?)

for the US crew, how about "RPS Colonials" or "Filthy Colonials"?

"Rock, Paper, Saughuin"? (sic)

I updated the first post in an attempt to capture all of the information spread through the thread.

To the three extras for the morning session: Do show up, we can always split up into two groups of 5+4 if no one else joins. (Would be hard if only one of you show up though, so there might be disappointment.)

Still not sure what to play as, but leaning to either Rogue or Bard. I'll go make a dwarven rogue and see if I like him I think.

Creating a guild sounds good if someone cares to. Don't know about names: "Rock, Paper, Dragon" and some variants like "Rock, Paper & Dragons" or "Dungeon, Sheet, Dragon" were the best I could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    I've signed up and got through to the village. It seems that the morning session tomorrow is fully booked (6), but there at least three more of us free then as well. Is it worth us having two sessions then, progressing through at a similar rate, to give us more options for future sessions?
    Actually, that's a good idea me thinks. If we get 3+ people it should work out just fine. Count me in for... when do you want to start? 11am?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I am not totally against the idea of giving Turbine a fiver to play the game and coincidentally getting enough points to buy a guild charter.
    From the DDO-wiki: "Premium and Free to Play accounts will need to purchase a Guild Charter from the DDO Store to be able to create a Guild. "
    Last edited by Squiz; 24-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Currently downloading....going to take quite a while, only getting ~500-550KBp/s for some reason, I normally download at 3-4mb/s

Is using the mumble server obligatory? I've never used it before (and don't have a mic). I've never played a MMO before, and am not sure how much of a hindrance not being able to speak will be.

Also, thank you for taing the time to getting this group started and organising it all. Much appreciated!

[QUOTE=squirrelfanatic;40166]Actually, that's a good idea me thinks. If we get 3+ people it should work out just fine. Count me in for... when do you want to start? 11am?

11 ish sounds good to me! (who are these people with 10 am Sunday starts? Don't they have raging drink problems that require the early hours of Sundays to be written off to hangovers?!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    11 ish sounds good to me! (who are these people with 10 am Sunday starts? Don't they have raging drink problems that require the early hours of Sundays to be written off to hangovers?!!!)
    Totally! For the next occasions I would even be so bold as to suggest 12am.

12am is midnight? I'm all for a lie-ins but thats taking the piss. :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    In order to avoid this recurring problem, please use "12 noon" and "midnight" instead.

Also, it's completely crazy for our Colonial cousins to contemplate creating a separate guild when they can just join the same RPS one as everyone else.

Wupps, shame on me then. We could also use sensible figures like 13 o'clock for 1pm (right?).

So which of us are meeting at 10am and which of us at 11am.

squirrelfanatic - yes, am is morning and pm is afternoon (quite literally). :p

I think Jolima & Co. are meeting at 10am and I've added another line for the 11am people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    How Turbine points work:

With Turbine points, you can buy stuff like extra character slots, unlock special races and classes (note: Drow, Artificer, Favoured Soul can all be unlocked in-game - but it takes some work).

You can get Turbine points by either:

a) Paying for them

and / or

b) Earning Favour. You get two rewards for high favour. First, every 100 favour points, you get 25 Turbine points. Additionally, at regular intervals (I think it's 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000), you get bonus Turbine points if this is the character on your account on this server with the highest favour points.

Favour is earned by doing quests. Each quest has a base value of favour. Completing the quest on normal gives the base value x1 (for example, 2). Hard and Elite multiply this by 2 or 3 accordingly. However, only the highest completed difficulty level counts. So if you run a quest Elite for the first time, there's no point in running it on normal (apart from the Exp).

Does that make sense? When we started over on the US server, we got one account able to buy the Guildcharter roughly by the time we finished Korthos and the harbour starter quests.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Can you transfer turbine points to other people's characters?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    No. But for later guild-stuff (airships, etc), you can turn turbine points into astral gems (just like in Dominions!), with which you can contribute.

All the guild-stuff is also available for in-game currency too, but it takes a bit more work. Airships are neat.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Yeah, makes sense. This is also what I got from reading through the wiki page and it sends the message that you really shouldn't care about non-F2P stuff if you're planning to play casually. The prices are just way too high for earning them with through on-and-off play.

Anyone know how easy / hard it is to use the kensai class?

Alright, finished reinstalling, just curious as to what we're doing for the NA group. Obviously we aren't grouping up at 10 AM BST tomorrow, just curious as to what the current plan is. Are we going to be on the same server or will there be latency issues (assuming we can even log onto that server)?

Personally I'm going somewhere tomorrow but will be available in the evening.