Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Network Hub
    Cool. Sunday at 2 works fine for me, and I'll probably be on a few times otherwise this weekend as well. I will admit that I was completely unable to decipher the spreadsheet the first time I tried, but I'll see if I can't figure it out now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Cheers for the game yesterday, Moony and Ritashi! This is a game I really need to get back into now my christmas break is over.

So... wow.

I'm psyched to see the Druid... but kind of bummed they chose to go to the Forgotten Realms universe when there's still so much left of Eberron to flesh out (it even has its own Underdark, more's the pity).

Still, level cap increase! Epic levels!! Woo!

Network Hub
    Was once tempted to try this, but for some reason the site back then refused to let me register :( If it'll let me do so again I'd probably give it a shot. How is the combat? I hear it's more like an action-rpg than most mmos?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Was once tempted to try this, but for some reason the site back then refused to let me register :( If it'll let me do so again I'd probably give it a shot. How is the combat? I hear it's more like an action-rpg than most mmos?
    It is. Positioning matters, you actively block and dodge, and even attack is an actual (mostly) sword swing. You target spells (rays can be dodged easily), etc.

It's nice. Very nice.
    RPS Blood Bowl, Division F: Skitter About, Skaven Scramblers

I logged in yesterday to check mail and the airship. I've purchased two weeks and three days of buff stations on the airship, and added a Free Agents tavern on the deck. Remember, any officer can refresh the buff hirelings. To initially spawn one, you only get 3 days, but subsequent applications of the hireling deed adds a week to it, so it is far more advantageous to recharge them before they expire.

I had some large unexpected bills lately, so let my sub lapse. When things get better, I'll resub.

Cheers torgen. You could always play without a sub...? :)

I'm away this weekend, but looking to play DDO again on Monday night.

Question...How do we know how long there is left on a ship buff hireling before it expires?

An officer can talk to the kobold on deck to show the anchor points, and then when standing at each hireling, you get a notice of how long they have.

EDIT: Let me know if you need a character made officer, doggy, and I'll see to it.

Activated Node
    How this game compares to LOTRO? I played that one for a bit but it felt... boring. As most MMOs. For reference, I loved the week that I've played Pirates of the Burning Sea (good ambientation, good mini-games, not as boring combat, etc.) - in general, I felt that I was doing something worthwhile.

Network Hub
    Ok I'm in on this with my Cleric Stonus Weedus, will give the game a fair shake and see if it holds my attention enough to play a lot, which MMOs tend not to do, but hey, it's free. I'm on Ghallandra too as well.
    Last edited by cosmicolor; 30-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Sent you a guild invite through the mail system.

I'll be on tonight, not sure what level yet but promised myself some overdue DDO time.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I'll be on tonight, not sure what level yet but promised myself some overdue DDO time.
    Sounds groovy. What level range are you looking to play? Oberron is level 16 (and just bought a White Dragon Helm for 12k pp woo-hoo!), Zafina (my Artificer) is level 11 and Zorscha (my Bard) is level 8.

Stop levelling!! Gah! :P

I would be keen on playing more with Chaeda, my level 10 arcane archer monk - or alternatively Woopi, my level 6 tripmaster rogue.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by torgen View Post
    Sent you a guild invite through the mail system.
    Ok, um, how do I accept it? Nothing came up on my screen about an invite. Do I need to do it through the MyDDO thing? Because that's apparently having issues but it will probably work later.

edit: oh wait, apparently I need to skip Korthos to get my mail. Cool system there.
    Last edited by cosmicolor; 30-01-2012 at 10:06 PM.

You can go right back and finish the Korthos line. I encourage you to, in fact. :)

Network Hub
    Just read about that, I think I'll do so. Shame that Turbine couldn't have been clearer about that, but I suppose that fits in with the aim of stymying gold farmers.

edit: Got the invite now, so if you all see a level 1 Cleric in the guild list it might be me.
    Last edited by cosmicolor; 30-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.