Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    So how many people do we still have snowy side?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I created a new row "progress" on the spreadsheet.

The 10am start has defeated me for the second week in a row. It's just so much nicer inside the bed.

Once people get across to the Harbor in Stormreach, you all really should try the Crystal Cove holiday thing. I'd been nothing but confused from reading the compendium and the wiki, but here's some great practical tips: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=342068 (do check the wiki to learn which mobs in the island instance to keep away from. Basically, if you're under level 5, only swing at kobolds.)

The actual "protect the kobold miners" part isn't really as difficult as they let on, and the voice acting is a hoot. One example: the hobgoblin pirates appear and start attacking the kobold miners and one runs in circles screaming "Not in the face! Not in the face!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    I'm feeling kind of sick, so I'm going to have to sit tonight out. I was looking forward to it, as well :(
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of naïveté. It's naïveté turned inside-out. Naïveté wearing a sneer." -Momus

apologies need to bail the 9pm. I need to sit in a bath of ice in a vain attempt to cool down, feel rough as hell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well I couldn't make it in the end either, as my computer decided it needed to re-download the last patch. I didn't want to keep the others waiting a whole hour, so I bowed out.

I'll now be looking to run a snowy-side Misery Peak on Thursday night, plus a few quests after (it's on the spreadsheet already).

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    The 10am start has defeated me for the second week in a row. It's just so much nicer inside the bed.
    Laptop = win.

Also, tempted to chip in and join this on a fairly casual basis...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Great success. Three more people through Misery's Peak (we're getting there eventually...) on Normal, everyone was level 2 at the end. I don't know if it makes much sense to run through all the missions again on Elite during the next scheduled session. Given that the first steps took quite some time to get trough we might want to consider pushing onwards before hitting level 3.

Screwie, you have been missed. :(

I'm still snowside, for one

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntw View Post
    Laptop = win.

Also, tempted to chip in and join this on a fairly casual basis...
    that is the only basis we have.

We are so casual it's almost hardcore.
    Last edited by Squiz; 04-10-2011 at 01:12 PM.

I am looking forward to Thursday. Kinda looking forward in general, to hitting Stormreach. I've never done the Waterworks in a team larger than 2 (not counting hirelings) before :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Waterworks is one of those quests I just can't get enough of. The third one where you find yourself up on a platform, shooting down at luckless kobolds? That's the first time I fell in love with DDO's 3d'ness and the ability to actually just shoot at things on different layers without them turning invincible like in every other bloody game.

I kept recreating new characters just to get my daily Waterworks run, back in the days. *sighs happily*

/Edit: Apart from part 4. Part 4 is horrible and needs to die, die, die. What a disappointing finish to a great set-piece series of low-level quests.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Yeah, Waterworks is (mostly) really good fun and I often end up running it a few times on each alt.

Great loot too! *crosses fingers for some Black Widow Bracers* :)

I may pop in on Thursday for some Waterworks fun. I ran it at the weekend on normal (so we can do it on hard if you prefer) and got some dissapointing loot so up for another go.

Anyone for Crystal Cove tonight? 7pm Imperial Time would be 2pm my time, and since I work from home I can make it. Also, I have a huge rush job landing in my lap tomorrow that will consume the next 3 weeks of my life, so this may be the last unfettered play session for me for a while.

EDIT: Crystal Cove ends for the year on the 9th!

The stuff you can build into weapons, armor and hats is amazing, and I need a crap ton of gems and doubloons to bet my Brawling Gloves and hat upgraded completely. The level tiers for the items are 4, 8, 12 and 16 I believe. I've been making solo runs at one less than my level, and never fail to complete the goal of 100 shards and get some for myself, but you have to kill baddies to get gems which is hard to do alone while running torches and protecting kobolds. Everyone in the group gets a drop when the person who kills a baddie gets one, so it's advantageous to everyone to get a group that can scour the dungeon.

So, anyone level 4 and up that wants to come, please reply here and we'll set roles and I'll post some tips on running this. I can run the torches, or perhaps we can have a lower level who has done it before or has watched this video do it:
    http://www.ddmsrealm.com/blog/index....-special-event

That way I can run interference on the orange and red named mobs that crash the party.

Here is very clear explanations of the crafting:

Crystal Cove Crafting: http://www.ddmsrealm.com/blog/index....ng-and-recipes

Crystal Cove Hat Crafting: http://www.ddmsrealm.com/blog/index....ary-live-event

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I have been doing this recently as I want the smallblade and to get +3 dex and +5 diable device on my fancy pirate hat.
    It's actually quite easy to find a group - any time I post one up in the looking for group thing it fills up quickly. Can't do it at 7 tonight though; it's Blood Bowl night for me.

Well I am still on my way home from work, so I may be a few minutes late for the session tonight.

EDIT: Finally. I'm online and meeting folks in (snowy) Korthos right now.
    Last edited by Screwie; 06-10-2011 at 08:18 PM.