Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torgen View Post
    If you're a regular RPS reader, you qualify, no matter how frequently or infrequently you play. :)
    Hell, we don't care how often you poop.

Red Fens.

It's level 9. It has a necklace and a ring I need. Since Weasel likes us to punch above our weight on every quest, I think we should try this on normal, carefully, in the near future and see how it goes.

Normal, schmormal. We're level 9, we should do it on hard with pocket healers. You get better loot and more of a challenge.
    I do admit we should do that phiarlain carnival quest on normal, at least to see how it works ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    You are level 9. I am level 6. :P

I would be up for another attempt at the Phiarlain Carnival, now we have a better idea of how it works. I'm also eager for more SoS or completing Delera's Tomb, plus another Shan-To-Kor run and any Coin Lord quests in general.

I'm barely 8. ;)

Razslo's only level 5, but I have a Wand of Invisibility. I'm thinking we put the hireling on passive, cloak everyone then sneak along the edges to not set off those damned guards. That, or set the hirelings to stand ground, sneak past (invisible) ourselves, then summon the little rat bastards to us and hope they teleport instead of run through...

My level 5 bard would be up for STK, since I've never done it ever. He's the only one of my three toons that could use a nicked weapon, I'm thinking. He also needs 100 Coin Lord favor, which we can do in Harbor elite, and (if we want to skip WW) a couple Marketplace quests. I want to finish SoS on my monk tonight, as I have one sigil needed to upgrade my bracers, and if it pops in the quest chest then I can choose another end reward. :)

EDIT: Also, we're talking EXTREME level difficulty flag on the last Red Fens quest in the chain.

At our current levels we 'might' be able to manage STK on elite. The one area of concern are the traps towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    At our current levels we 'might' be able to manage STK on elite. The one area of concern are the traps towards the end.
    Yeah, those traps were very nasty. We'll need a good rogue/some serious fire resistance to safely get past those. I'd like to run my lv 3 Fav Soul through SDK at some point (though not at elite for a while!) - I'm finding her much more fun to play than my fighter tank Facey, and will prob just use him now when the group needs a fighter (which doesn't seem that often to be fair).

Ok, if it's EXTREME difficulty we can do that one on normal and the others on hard. I'm not a monster.

I can absolutely do those Shan to Kor traps on elite but isn't it a level 5 quest? I'm going to hit 9 in two quests, and if the base difficulty is 5 won't I be gimping the XP?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I can absolutely do those Shan to Kor traps on elite but isn't it a level 5 quest? I'm going to hit 9 in two quests, and if the base difficulty is 5 won't I be gimping the XP?
    Probably a little, but I mostly want to run it for favour and loot.

He may gimp the loot as well, unless he brings an alt. I cleared the first Sharn quest off my list with Biao, and got a couple hundred gold and a masterwork axe as end rewards.

Oh wait, it's Sharn Syndicate that has the nicked weapons, isn't it?

yes, STK is a different thing. That's the one with the hobgoblins in the steam tunnels. I guess I could bring a level 3 :)

For future reference, the "Art of Levelling" section here is quite interesting.

I don't know if loot tables are affected or not. And and of arc tables are probably a whole different animal to those after individual quests. Favour is my biggest want anyway.

Good monk-ey monk gear advice here, in a thread I started: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=349613

Gonna rest my poor aching back a bit, post here when you folk are in-game, and I'll pop in.

ALSO! ALSO! ALSO!

The patch today removed the doddering old DM narrator in Heyton's Rest, and replaced it with a female DM whom I hope gets more use. Nice to hear a pleasant alternative to the regular DM, as much as I enjoy him. GO TO KORTHOS AND LISTEN!

Invited ntw to the guild last night and ran through a few Harbour quests with him. Dude is just killing it with those magic lasers (Niac's Cold Ray and Scorching Ray), awesome.

What's say we have a lowbie afternoon/night this weekend, and run a few level 3-5 through Waterworks (or STK if everyone has it)?

EDIT: Or the STK elite run I suggested earlier.

Damn, but there's a lot to do in this game.
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-11-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Invited ntw to the guild last night and ran through a few Harbour quests with him. Dude is just killing it with those magic lasers (Niac's Cold Ray and Scorching Ray), awesome.

What's say we have a lowbie afternoon/night this weekend, and run a few level 3-5 through Waterworks (or STK if everyone has it)?

EDIT: Or the STK elite run I suggested earlier.

Damn, but there's a lot to do in this game.
    Heh, loving my Wiz so far. Specced up for pew-pew-lazors (Niac's Cold Ray and Scorching Ray) which is good until I hit a mob with elemental resistances (bloody oozes!)...

Was great to group with you briefly Screwmeister - playing in a party is so much more fun than solo-ing.

I'll be logging onto DDO whenever I get a chance, but with family visiting from tomorrow onwards I may not be able to logon much this weekend.

FYI played a little bit of DDO previously but never got beyond ~4 Bard in the marketplace. Any classes/roles we particularly need in guild?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Actually I think we are a bit light on fighters, barbarians, paladins and clerics right now. So tankers and divine healers.

My own half-orc fighter/rogue is aiming to be offense-oriented, but I am tempted hibernate her in favour of a proper defensive character. I've never tanked in DDO before and it might be fun.

Literally though, I have more alts I want to try than fingers so I'm trying to keep myself focussed on just 2 characters right now... maybe 3.

Well, the 2 toon limit will help to curb my alt-itis. :)

I've never really played in a group in DDO, but done lots in WoW - mostly as healer, some as tank, little as DPS. There's an immense satisfaction to be felt from playing as part of a competent party, doubly so if they are all nice chaps.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

not sure we really need tanks, although a tank might be nice, but we're heinously short of healers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I really wish I had the time to run with you guys. :/

For the reference, I have a level 13 halfling fighter (DPS/Heals), a level 16 drow fighter (full tank) and a level 15 fighter/ranger (DPS with high AC). My wife has a couple of level 20 clerics and a level 12ish Favoured Soul. She also had a reputation as being one of the very best healers on ye olde EU servers - so if you ever reach the endgame, just look for someone from "The Shards" - healing will be provided. ;) (/edit: You'll just have to put up with the occasional roleplaying.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

The nice part of DDO I find is that while it subscribes to the tank/healer/DPS MMO thing, the classes are all heavily entrenched in their PnP roots. As such a cleric doesn't have to stand at the back and become a healbot, but can quite happily dress in full plate and swing a greataxe if they like (so long as they still heal when they're needed).

In short I love that they decided to stick to the game's roots and not dilute anything to fit any definition of parity, balance be damned!

(Compare that with a game like WAR or TOR, which chopped up their lore into evenly-sized MMO parcels...)
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.