Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    You gotta come back. Horace compels you! :)

What should I buy/craft for my new level 4 STR-based rogue? I imagine he'll be level 6 soon enough, so suggestions up to that are welcome. He's swinging the starter flaming rapier right now, not sure whether to go TWF before I get ITWF or not, and whether to grab a shortsword for slashing.

Network Hub
    I'm Charnes marsheley in game, no other characters on that server.

About to log in, does anyone else need a guild invite?

Obscure Node
    I still need one, next time someone's online. Character name Archroy.

OK what the hell happened...was it a Christmas Miracle????

I decided at the weekend to hand in all the collectibles I have on Oberron that do not feature in Cannith crafting...which as you can imagine resulted in a lot of low level stuff that I sold off but I also handed in my festive coins so by now I have a massive overflow on my backpack.

For the last few days I've been decanting items to my bard to sell and every time I remove an item from my full backpack an item from overflow appears to take its place.

So there I am stacking festive jellies and biscuits and I just removed one from a backpack slot now and what appears from overflow....an +5 Greensteel Bastard Sword....where did that come from?????? I can only assume the cryptic comment by the devs about sometimes getting special presents when handing in festive coins is true.

Crikey.
    Last edited by moondogjazz; 14-12-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Network Hub
    I've also created a second character called Lyzniak Techcrunch if could invite him to the guild please.

Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by moondogjazz View Post
    OK what the hell happened...was it a Christmas Miracle????

I decided at the weekend to hand in all the collectibles I have on Oberron that do not feature in Cannith crafting...which as you can imagine resulted in a lot of low level stuff that I sold off but I also handed in my festive coins so by now I have a massive overflow on my backpack.

For the last few days I've been decanting items to my bard to sell and every time I remove an item from my full backpack an item from overflow appears to take its place.

So there I am stacking festive jellies and biscuits and I just removed one from a backpack slot now and what appears from overflow....an +5 Greensteel Bastard Sword....where did that come from?????? I can only assume the cryptic comment by the devs about sometimes getting special presents when handing in festive coins is true.

Crikey.

Someone just got a +4(yes, +FOUR) Strength tome from the Jester for a gold coin.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...=1#post4215774

I have a sudden desire to play intensely throughout Festivult :D.

I sent a guild invite through the mail for Charnes, will send more tonight (US time) if needed.

Network Hub
    Both characters are in now, cheers.

We need to find the best "chest/time to completion" ratio in our level range (or slightly under) and ransack it for coins.

Well, a quick look at DDO wiki gives afew options.

Around level 12-14 on the paid for side there is Gianthold Tor (part of the Ruins of Gianthold pack) with 7 chests (but some tricky dragon slaying and synchronised killing of a giant and its dragon)

Free to play but probably a bit more straightforward is Mired in Kobolds, where again there is dragon slayage and it rewards between 5 and 9 chests depending on the difficulty level.

At low levels (4-5) Irestone Inlet seems to givea good chest haul of 8-14 and is free to play.

Winter Bonus Days are here! Get a +20% Xp, +20% Guild Renown, and +1 Loot bonus through January 2nd!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Arrgh, and I'm going to miss that entirely :(

If Artificers don't go on sale Thursday, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy it, to take advantage of the extra XP.

Network Hub
    House c has a series of 12 challenges, they're p2p in general but f2p gets a daily allotment of 3 or 5 tokens for a random challenge.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Challenges

The tokens don't disappear though so if you log on and get some it's possible to do the challenge when more people are around to do it.

I broke down and bought Artificer yesterday, have a human arti named Torquenut McSpanner.

Also: The guild is now level 23. We can purchase a training dummy for the airship, but would have to lose one of the buffing NPCs. If anyone is interested in having the training dummy, reply here and state which NPC you prefer gets the pink slip to make room.

At level 6, with a cleric hireling, the finale to Shan To Kor is impossible to solo without epic twink gear and past lives. I couldn't spot the traps, even using my +2 arti skill boost and a +5 Spot item. After dying 4 times and even buying a gold seal rogue hireling (who couldn't see the traps either) I gave up. (Oh, I'm also wearing Mithral Full Plate for +14AC.) Made a solo zerg run of Catacombs on normal instead, and the rune arm didn't show up at the end rewards again. My elite streak is at 24 right now, I believe, and it's fun to see how much the arti can solo on elite and pull it off. I don't see myself going back to my STR-based rogue I started a couple weeks ago.

HOWEVER.... someone screwed up badly and listed the Hand of the Tombs on the AH for 10kpp and I snapped it up! I need to figure out how to farm trap parts in order to make modules. You *can't* blank a module then craft it, even though it says craftable. You have to craft *handwraps*, then put them in the trap making station in the Harbor with mechanical trap parts.