Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I tried out DDO sometime last year and got a berserker to ~13-14 and would be interested in trying out again. I imagine that I may have a bit of an issue with timing considering that I'm American (assuming something is scheduled in the morning) though my schedule is pretty free right now.

Yeah, just checked and the first play session is 5am my time, on my wedding anniversary. Maybe we should make a "Filthy Colonials" adjunct?

Aren't the EU and US servers separated anyway? Or have they fixed that?
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Eventually the quest reset and I could go through it properly. I think things start opening up into proper party-based quests immediately afterward

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I got it installed and played through that first cave on Ghallanda. Is that the end of the tutorial so we can (should) play through the rest together? I'll poke around some more tomorrow and maybe restart with a new character as well.
    Once you're through the cave and into Korthos' village, you've completed the tutorial.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I have made a rogue character; I'll see you Sunday morning in Korthos village.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torgen View Post
    Yeah, just checked and the first play session is 5am my time, on my wedding anniversary. Maybe we should make a "Filthy Colonials" adjunct?
    Dadgummit, I support this plan like a cowboy loves springtime.

Edit: P.S. Hoooeee!

P.P.S. I will not be a reliable groupsmate, but I will at least be chatty when I am on. =P

Edit Edit: I'll sign up after I make a character I think I'll like. =)

So this hates my copy of 64 bit windows 7 and complains about .net 1.1. Slipstreamed versions of .net (per google advice) STILL refuse to install and throw a 64 bit error message :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    So this hates my copy of 64 bit windows 7 and complains about .net 1.1. Slipstreamed versions of .net (per google advice) STILL refuse to install and throw a 64 bit error message :(
    Strange. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and no problems in the ten minutes I ran around the other day checking out what my old characters had in the bank.

Ok, I have a dwarf cleric, and i've done the cave, so hopefully see you sunday morning for some biff

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A hoard of clerics can do anything by virtue of not needing to memorise healing spells and still being decent fighters.

FUCK! the client uses pando media booster? Fricking malware

Just for the initial download, I think. But you can get a direct download off the same site the PMB-using one is found.

plus you can uninstall pando from your control panel afterwards. Can and indeed should.

Shall we create a guild? how about DuRPS as a guild name?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Am I still confusing people? 10am to 12noon? Is that better? Stupid 12 hour system.
    Ach nein, I got confused! Actually, I could join you tomorrow morn' but it is too late for this now it seems. In that case I'll help out sometime in the future when people are missing out.

If anyone is interested, below are the differences between subscription models and F2P mode (taken from the DDO-wikipedia page):
    Clipboard01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by torgen View Post
    Strange. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and no problems in the ten minutes I ran around the other day checking out what my old characters had in the bank.
    Seems to be a known issue with no workaround for Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 :(

On the other hand, I last played in January (after not having played since the original beta) and found I remembered 90% of the quests anyway. I'll just go find some big fuzzy d20s instead.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    how about DuRPS as a guild name?
    No.

Also, you've got to pay (real money!) to get a guild charter to start a guild - and you can't buy a guild charter anyway.
    Last edited by Harlander; 24-09-2011 at 01:25 PM.

So, I read up a bit about the rules and beginner stuff since it has been some time since I last played something D&D related. This might be useful for screening through: http://ddowiki.com/page/Fighting_in_groups

Apart from that it sucks a bit that you can't play Artificers if you haven't purchased the class. Then again, there are worse F2P models out there and it's not really that bad. Having in part watched TotalBiscuits DDO videos, I hope that it isn't required to plan your group down to the last skill point in order to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    No.

Also, you've got to pay (real money!) to get a guild charter to start a guild - and you can't buy a guild charter anyway.
    I thought we could get turbine points by doing quests on elite or something, and use those to get a guild charter?
    Are you saying that even if we had or bought the points, we still couldn't get a guild charter?

I've signed up and got through to the village. It seems that the morning session tomorrow is fully booked (6), but there at least three more of us free then as well. Is it worth us having two sessions then, progressing through at a similar rate, to give us more options for future sessions?
    Last edited by boots468; 24-09-2011 at 03:58 PM.

When I tried to find out how much a guild charter costs, I got "this offer is not currently available" or something along those lines. Could be a bug or other transitory condition though