Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elfbarf View Post
    Alright, finished reinstalling, just curious as to what we're doing for the NA group. Obviously we aren't grouping up at 10 AM BST tomorrow, just curious as to what the current plan is. Are we going to be on the same server or will there be latency issues (assuming we can even log onto that server)?

Personally I'm going somewhere tomorrow but will be available in the evening.
    Well, unless I`m mistaken then 10am BST is 3pm EST, so I suppose any North American player free in the afternoon could play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Well, unless I`m mistaken then 10am BST is 3pm EST, so I suppose any North American player free in the afternoon could play with them.
    We're behind 5 hours, not ahead.
    10 AM BST = 5 AM EST

Quote Originally Posted by elfbarf View Post
    We're behind 5 hours, not ahead.
    10 AM BST = 5 AM EST
    Oh, right. Now I feel silly. Well, there go my plans for tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately my characters from when I played last year are on Thelanis, not that I could even play them due to all 3 being Warforged (unless I resubscribed/bought them which I don't plan to do for now).

Not sure of what I'm going to make on Ghallandra yet, doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to play with the European group due to them starting in the morning.

edit: Turns out I have 32 point builds and Favored Soul unlocked, may make one of those.
    Last edited by elfbarf; 25-09-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Think I will have to give the 10am group a miss this week, perhaps 10 on a Sunday was a tad ambitious! Will try to meet up with the 10pm group though if there is room.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ill be honest lads, I was meant to play through the tutorial last night but ended up having a few wee too many beverages, the client is currently updating and ill speed through it so should still be in the town by 10am but ill let you know if it looks like i may be late

update: why dont they have the updates in the download!?
    Last edited by LowKey; 25-09-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I may be a tad late too as I have deceided to reroll my character :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I am in town, chilling with the mayor

It seems that the fancy "Oh, we are up really early" guys have some problems getting their group together, eh? EH? ;) I propose that me and boot just log in at 11noon and see who is in town. We can go on from there since a mix of both groups should be enough for a 6-man group. Also, having trouble with mumble (can't connect, it's probably my router), so I'll just have to type.

So, if Duff's not available this morning that leaves 8 today. From the spreadsheet :

2 rogues, 2 clerics, Paladin, Bard, Wizard and Fighter.

Have the 10 am group started yet?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That was a good craic, nice meeting you peeps and looking forward to another session!

I'm just downloading it now, any other new players fancy joining me?

Boots (Facey), Weasel (Varney), Lowkey (Lowtine) and me (Bob Rock) had a nice 11noon session. Thanks again everybody!

We beat up some guys in skirts, Facey smashed some faces, Lowtine worked the healing (I think? Nobody died so I guess it was a success) and Varney exchanged some fashion tips and fancy suits with Bob Rock. Also: Jacoby Drexelhand reaks of fish and cthulhuoid Innsmouth-people are monsters on the dance floor.

Taken together, I was pleasantly surprised by this F2P experience.

Yes, thanks everyone. It's a better game than I was expecting really, and can see it being pretty cool if we manage to get a fairly bg group of people going through the game at a similar speed. Our group today must have been questing for about an hour or so, and has just hit lv 2.

Weasel mentioned it would be better using mumble - does everyone agree with that/have any information how to set up mumble?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's a free voice chat program like Vent theres a link to the server info on the first post :-)

check the front page of the thread for mumble information. The 10 oclock group used it today and it was definitely better than typing for the 11 oclockers :)

For the evening group - we've done all the quests in the village, we've got the quests that take place on the island, but we haven't done those yet. Get roughly to the same place, and we can group next time. (Or do a little more if you don't mind redoing some of them on hard next session)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    can't register an account for some reason. will try to find out why.

Edit:
    Nevermind figured it out. I'm going to create a character later on.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 25-09-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Guys I could do with some advice, should I got melee or caster? I tried caster last night and because you don't click to target I find it a little unusual (how do you target someone on the other side of the room?), though I will probably get used to it. I liked the idea of making a fighter / cleric multiclass but alot of the people on the forums seem to think that is a stupid idea.

Regarding the evening group tonight it looks like we may only have three people?
    Last edited by duff; 25-09-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Fighter 2/Cleric 18 is solid, very solid. And quite easy to run for a new player too (it was my first alt way back). The key is not to take both your Fighter levels early as that delays your advancement to the very important Cleric spells later (although 1 early level of Fighter is doable and opens up a lot of options).

This thread is awesome for fighter/cleric advise.

In any case, a caster Cleric is fine too. Sorcerers and Wizards are a bit trickier, because they are much more fragile and can't heal themselves (Warforged excepted).

I will be there for the evening session. If we're light on numbers, players from other sessions are welcome to come back and re-do the earlier missions (maybe on a higher difficulty) :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 25-09-2011 at 03:50 PM.

You can right click on a target, or you can hold down the right button and move your point of aim and it will select whichever baddie is in front of you. Some of the wizard spells are area of effect or cone shaped anyway. 3 people is plenty to do the quests on hard - even just you and screwie as a wizard and sorceror could do them, although I'd suggest a melee class, maybe a palolodin, if you're going to do the quests on hard (which you totally should, and you totally could, but I think it would be tricky with two casters)