Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I feel like an asshole for wanting Alliance to drop out but the split-pushing is kind of hard to watch. Frustrating as hell for the other team but super-effective. Feels a bit like when I'm watching a superior wrestler in MMA. I completely respect their skill but find it much harder to root for them when they are effectively shutting the game down with superior control without ever really going for the jugular.

Do you guys think a lot of teams hold back strategies pre-Ti4? I'd love to see some crazy drafts from Na'Vi coming towards the end. Like S4, I would hope that Dendi stays with the mobility heroes. It feels like the best way of countering super efficient Chinese teams is having a little more room for creativity. Although the fountain hooking from last year was kinda taking the piss!

(Sorry for spamming, but just curious) Why is Razor part of the meta right now? Is it an insurance against heavy creep waves, illusions and other minions because of plasma field and eye of the storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    (Sorry for spamming, but just curious) Why is Razor part of the meta right now? Is it an insurance against heavy creep waves, illusions and other minions because of plasma field and eye of the storm?
    I believe it started because he's naturally pretty tanky (and builds tanky) and Doom is popular right now. Razor just needs to cast all his spells at the start of the fight and then it doesn't matter if he gets doomed. That being said at this point it seems like he is being picked just because everyone's gotten used to picking him.

He's quite OK against Skywrath as well, I guess, which is another popular pick right now.

Skywrath is basically perpetually slowed against a Razor (because Skywrath casts so often), so it's easy for Razor to steal a lot of damage. Skywrath basically has to not fight Razor because of Unstable Current. Which is probably not a good option for Skywrath if he faces a Razor mid.

Impressive stuff from Newbee last night!

Edit: just in case this has been missed.
    https://soundcloud.com/lookatmyfluge...biwan-is-metal
    Last edited by Skeletor68; 15-07-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Impressive stuff from Newbee last night!
    Yeah. After their middling 2nd phase performance, I did not expect them to go all the way to the main event winner's bracket.

That game 2 Titan comeback, though... I was really rooting for them, but Newbee proved that they deserved to win the day.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man, Newbee and VG just so far ahead of everyone else. Although i'm amazed at the greed shown by EG.

It's kind of poetic that VG get a rematch with Newbee in the grand finals. VG chose to face them in the winner's bracket, only to lose and fight their way back. Bought teams have fought quite hard to get where they are.

Then again, Newbee is more or less the TongFu team that placed 4th last year, right? I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't go farther was due to that Na'Vi fountain hook match.

Also, Liquipedia's TI4 page is where I have been checking all of my info on brackets, match times, result, team members, etc. It's pretty handy.

Boring finals, to be honest. I mean, it's hard to live up to the legacy of TI3's finals, but this was like watching a series of pubstomps.

eh finals were meh, none of those teams i know anything about or care for.

Yeah, a little bit of an anti-climax but not going to complain about Newbee. I think VG just got out-drafted after the first game. Newbee took their pick offs really well and had some nice Puck and Weaver plays. I think Newbee had to fight back so hard through the brackets and had to take on so many tough teams that they really deserve it. I just think I would be a little more excited after winning 5 million!

VG draft was daft.

I was actually okay with the matchup due to how both teams had to meet up again after their first clash, but gees. You know it's a lousy grand finals when each game ends in a gg. I don't think a single tier 4 tower was touched.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Just a little disappointing.

Just a little.

I feel sorry for the people who paid $499 to watch some pub stomps.

Actually no I don't.

I stopped watching Live after it was clear EG was out. Caught the final now and while I'm happy for 'em and they are obviously the best at the moment it looks as if Chinese players have all the personality of a pile of tax forms. You just won millions of dollars.. look alive, sunshine! Kinda makes me wish it was something like Na'vi vs EG in the finals. There were some incredibly fun games in the tourney though so I don't regret the purple book.

I wasn't expecting Valve to hire Russell Crow to do his 'ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?' routine (or was I?) but maybe they should look into doing something more next year if they want to raise the same amount or more. No idea what that could be though.

Finals aside, I wanted to say that I enjoyed the event as a whole.

There were a few instances of stream hiccup and robo casters, but all in all, what I saw was a step up in production from last year. (missed most of the Prelims, though)

I should mention my real complaint, though: Valve, please never have Grand Finals on a Monday ever again.

Network Hub
    Happy to see Xiao8 win.

I think rOtk cracked in the finals.
    I'll Sproink you out m8