Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    66

    [VS] Council Discussion Points & Minutes

    This thread is for you to submit any ideas you have or things that you would like to discuss with the Council.

    We will also be posting the minutes of our meetings here once they have been concluded.

    Get involved Giraffes, we're here to serve you!

  2. #2
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,161
    I'll add meeting minutes later.

  3. #3
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,161
    • Stickies
      • We now have an update Thread of Threads which is good. Need a better way to manage this in future.
      • As Nick is forum mod, makes sense he is in charge of stickying/unstickying things.
      • Discuss with RTRS what should/should not be stickied. Sir Hoc will speak to Dom/Ror about this point. Possible consolidation if required.


    • Website

      • Cephas now has access to the hosting control panel, and will look into website content.
      • LokiMGF and Sir Hoc will also help with updating the website content and general maintenance.

    • Call To Arms
      • Arrange a CtA for early August
      • CtA will take place after SL training from Dom - SirHoc to contact Dom regarding date.
      • Training the week following up to the event.
      • CMaster will contact Jim/Nathan when we have a firm date.
      • Date will be the next Saturday after Dom's training.

    • Forum council posts
      • ​Loki to create new thread where ONLY minutes, and points raised by the community for the next meeting will be contained. Discussion should continue in the old thread to avoid clutter.
      • LaKroy to update 2nd post in recruitment thread with standard private messages council member shall use for outfit recruitment.

    • ​Outfit recruitment
      • Maintain forum post and joining mumble.
      • List of applicants in game will now be people council members have not spoken to. Once a prospective member has been spoken to, the application will be declined and they'll be added manually.
      • If someone is not contactable they will be declined.
      • If someone cannot read the description for the outfit it's not really the place for them.

  4. #4
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,517
    Things discussed in tonight's meeting (20 pm CEST, 19 UK time) include, but are not necessarily limited to:

    - Upcoming Call to Arms.

    - The server merge.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

  5. #5
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,054
    The TVA forums have new systems in for outfit management. I think the plan is to open the forums up to the Vanu community in general eventually.

    In any case, as I was marked as 'leader' I don't think other members could manage it, so I've added all council members as 'delegates' who can now edit the info.

    I did some basics such as 'claim' names I recognised and marked councillors as 'co-leaders' and marked myself & others with Girofficer rank as 'Officers' and everyone else as members. A council member will wanna take a look at it (link in the "Information" forum section) and do more than the basics I just went through. e.g. it's possible to makr people as TVA liasons if you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

  6. #6
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,624
    Yeah about that CTA thing.
    I kept remembering to write hte meail at work, and forgetting when I got home.

    It's sent now, but much later than I wanted.
    Sorry all.

  7. #7
    Lesser Hivemind Node NickWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    993
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Yeah about that CTA thing.
    I kept remembering to write hte meail at work, and forgetting when I got home.

    It's sent now, but much later than I wanted.
    Sorry all.
    Wait, what CTA? We dont have a firm date, unless you're just emailing to get them interested?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

  8. #8
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Wait, what CTA? We dont have a firm date, unless you're just emailing to get them interested?
    Pretty much.
    Also I was told at the meeting to go ahead and do it, especially as there was a concern that Jim would go off and organise one on his own if we didn't explain what we wanted.

  9. #9
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,161
    As above:

    • CMaster will contact Jim/Nathan when we have a firm date.
    • Date will be the next Saturday after Dom's training.

  10. #10
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    As above:

    • CMaster will contact Jim/Nathan when we have a firm date.
    • Date will be the next Saturday after Dom's training.
    Can you just give me a date, because that leaves me confused. Last training is this Sunday.
    Also the weekend that I think you mean is the MergerSmash weekend, possibly not the best time.

  11. #11
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,161
    Yeah the mergersmash has kind of thrown things into disarray.
    We'll put this on the agenda and set a fixed date for it and begin the gear up.

    Next meeting is on the 30th, we'll agree then on a course of action. We may wish to wait until after the merge in the first place.

  12. #12
    Lesser Hivemind Node NickWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    993
    Minutes - Wed 23rd July Council meeting

    Agenda:

    Wednesday 6th August 'a StratGir to remember'

    After some discussion we have decided that StratGir could do with a pick me up again. So, we have 2 weeks to get prepared and ready for a real blockbuster of a StratGir ops night. The platoon will comprise of Council leadership, with of course, SL and PL mentoring available to any who would like it! Lets make this a good one!

    FRES - Recent cooperation

    Laldy mentioned that he was really pleased with a recent experience he had working alongside one of our allies on Miller VS, FRES. This French Outfit are not a regular or active member of TVA, perhaps down to the language barrier, and are relatively small DA stats/info He also raised the point of being more proactive in reaching out to any organized groups from an outfits that you might encounter in your hex, if not to say hi and share some motivational propaganda, then to try to coordinate and inform them of RPS's plans.

    Possible C2A

    This was discussed briefly and an agreement was made to wait untill a few weeks after the incoming Miller - Woodman server merge. I have contacted Jim and we were also in agreement about it. More details to come, but this is on the back burner for now and will be discussed in future council meetings.

    Our Website

    This topic was essentially about how we should be and can utilize it better. In the mold of the RPS front page, we've decided to create a rolling update feature.

    This will involve things like:

    Posts or write-ups from RPS members on a topic that they choose.
    Dramatic or creative writing.
    Art work or community content - PS2 Youtube footage, animations, jokes and puns, anything RPS and PS2 related.
    AAR's from StratGir or perhaps an undercover Giraffe participating in a Freedom Friday (a nod to RTRS) for example.
    Silly monday events: LaKroy's Mexican standoff/escape Hossin/Haunted Bio Lab etc writeups, reports and AARS.
    C2A's news, TVA news and a "Monday Miller Moment" or something in that vein.
    Our in-game recruitment browser would contain a link straight to the site, which would then in turn link to our forums.
    Anything else i haven't mentioned already: just something to further sell the RPS way and a celebration of ourselves.

    It's just something to get people visiting it and checking us out. Again, more to come.

    Merger Smash - Mill vs Wood

    Official news to come once the meeting (tonight) has ended.

    Woodman - Miller VS Outfits meeting

    This was great as many Outfits from both Woodman and Miller turned up to chat. IP, VIB, KOTV, Here is the link to the Woodman reddit where a list of their VS outfits is compiled. The meeting was a great success in breaking the ice and rekindling Vanu spirits as each group talked about what they could bring to the table, which left many of us who have been involved within TVA for a while with a nice "they could be the Yin to our Yang" feeling.

    I miss anything Giraffe Council?

    Any questions anyone?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

  13. #13
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,161
    Obviously wasn't there since 'Murica.

    Is there an outfit meeting planned soon?

  14. #14
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,517
    Yep, we will have one on wednesday next week.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •