Marlow Briggs! The Debate (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Well, now that's been some time I think we can start this.

I really liked the game. The first two hours were amazing. The game embraced its absurdity with pride. Explosion seemed to be the natural state of everything. Fighting in a floating heliport, blowing stuff up and that upside down helicopter ride was amazing.
    Sadly once the game goes from industrial explosive complex to aztec ruins the game loses momentum and becomes a lot more generic. Water puzzle, traps. We've seen it a thousand times, there wasn't a twist or anything to set it apart. The game forgot about its absurdity. That is until the final bossfight, which is fantastic. The moment the game has you fighting with your hands is great and it an example of what the whole game should've been.

Despite those trips into generic land the game is quite solid. It has a nice pacing, unlocking weapons and abilities at a regular pace. Combat is well balanced so it was enjoyable.

I'd love to have a sequel that embraces a bit more the bombastic and ridicule (what Saints row did with SR the Third). Marlow Briggs: Marlow Brigger if you like.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    One thing that I really disliked about the experience was the random vertical shooter parts. I mean, I suppose breaking up the same gameplay every once in a while is one thing... but that felt... really tacked on and oddly out of place. I was trying to do most of the challenges in the game, and I'm pretty sure that I actually got all the others... but the last vertical shooter challenge was just annoying me immensely and I gave up trying to do it. Every time I got close, I ended up dying. But that's me being bad at vertical shooters, I suppose.

Overall... I thought that the game was interesting. Were all the references made to Aztec or Inca? I thought it was neat how we saw that mythos, something that I haven't seen in many games.

Also, as a side note, I've never played God of War, so this was one of the first games that I have played in the God of War clone box.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    Overall... I thought that the game was interesting. Were all the references made to Aztec or Inca? I thought it was neat how we saw that mythos, something that I haven't seen in many games.
    Aztec - the game is set in Mexico. The Incas lived in what is now Peru.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Aztec - the game is set in Mexico. The Incas lived in what is now Peru.
    I'm a Math person... I don't know these things. Don't judge me.