RPS has made me so cynical about E3

All these E3 trailers for "insert franchise sequel name here" make me sigh a little bit more than last year.
    Everything the PR guys say make me cringe and I don't believe a word they say. Even the games I was previously excited about.

How can I regain my lost enthusiasm? Am I the only one feeling this way?

I mean, gametrailers has a scroll thing telling me how modern warfare 3 will have grenade launchers and missiles.

This is top gaming news.

:(

Man I know what you feel. The problem is (just like in the film industy) no imagination. Nobody wants to think of something or take risks except a select few. It's all about milking existing IPs or like one irish dude on a youtube video put it: "It's greed, greed and more fucking greed."

Activated Node
    I'm sorry you feel like that. I know you're not the only one. I think you have to pick your battles and if nothing from E3 interests you then concentrate on nice little indie games or whatever you like. For myself, Mass Effect 3 and The Old Republic are enough to cheer me up but that's for largely personal reasons. Hope you find something else you enjoy :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    The first day is always press conferences from the big publishers to show their upcoming line ups of big name titles (the ones the mainstream & gaming press will give big shout outs to). No doubt there will be some hidden gems on the E3 floor though over the coming days.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Quote Originally Posted by Mihkel View Post
    ...or like one irish dude on a youtube video put it: "It's greed, greed and more fucking greed."

:D

Or wankin' fucking publishers.

Heh, glad it's not just me.

The thing is, PR speak actually turns me off things. I should be interested in Arkham city, but the awkward words of the PR man and the interviewer just sadden me. Skyrim looks fun but the Gametrailer interviewer in his sharp suit and their "questions from the internet" which are the safest and most generic questions ever puts me off.

I don't like to think I'm being elitist or an angry internet man. I just feel bleh about the whole thing.

Perhaps when RPS does some interviews which unlike other games journalism sources, aren't dripping with PR love. Perhaps when the rest of the internet stops trying to tell me I should be excited about 2 new Halo games or the inclusion of some weapons in Call of Duty or how their new service is going to integrate all social networks into one giant infernal machine which will consume all the light in every realm of every plane of existence and then send you a tweet to let you know it's done it and your friends have all gained the achievement "bathed in unholy darkness"..

Then.
    Last edited by DainIronfoot; 07-06-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: peace and quiet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DainIronfoot View Post
    Perhaps when RPS does some interviews which aren't dripping with PR love.
    LOL, you're blaming RPS for doing their job and passing on hot off the press gaming news?

Last time I checked no ones forcing you to buy their games, in the same way that no ones forcing you to visit this site.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

You misunderstand me.

When RPS does interviews, they are good.

The current interviews coming out of E3 are not good.

RPS is a the one bastion of sanity I know of.

Allow me to clarify my post by editing. There, it is edited. Now we can all be happy and cynical together again. Erm, lol? :)
    Last edited by DainIronfoot; 07-06-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    I'm sorry you feel like that. I know you're not the only one. I think you have to pick your battles and if nothing from E3 interests you then concentrate on nice little indie games or whatever you like. For myself, Mass Effect 3 and The Old Republic are enough to cheer me up but that's for largely personal reasons. Hope you find something else you enjoy :/

Spot the Bioware dev

/jk :)