Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Some of the gems i have found on YouTube recently. Basically a guy playing Counter Strike with a racing wheel as well as a Novint Falcon setup with the controls attached to his pants. The real kicker about this is that its usually better than the crap regular TV spews out. :p

Killed You With A Wheel - Gamer Muscle Challenge
    http://youtu.be/Fl35QCbMi-c

KILLED YOU WITH MY CROTCH - CS:GO
    http://youtu.be/T5xnd7jNjhU
    Norwegian Gamer Extraordinaire!
    Look me up on Steam, Raptr, YouTube, Hitbox.tv & Twitch.tv!
    PSN: DEagleson, Xbox Live: DEagleson, WildStar EU: Look up DEagleson on the Eko server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Payola, raise again!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Right, so I guess this is what happens when youtube celebrities, indie game development, and kickstarter all collide. Overambitious goals and missed development milestones led to Yogscast jumping ship on the game they helped kickstart, and decides to partner with another open-world sandbox instead. Failed kickstarter projects like these are an inevitability, but when big youtubers officially support them their failures just become so much uglier. I can't help but feel bad for the developers, but they should have known what they were getting into when they were asked to build a game on the supports of a massive online entertainment PR machine. When you don't deliver and those supports are gone, you're left with basically nothing.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I can't help but feel bad for the developers, but they should have known what they were getting into when they were asked to build a game on the supports of a massive online entertainment PR machine. When you don't deliver and those supports are gone, you're left with basically nothing.
    Just read that. Genuine question - did the Yogcast guys approach the developer or was it the other way around? Regardless, the developer wasn't able to pull off the job, and AFAICS the developers received the KS money directly, though not as much as announced, ie the funds weren't filtered through Yogcast. I do think Yogcast have a moral obligation to keep disappointed backers happy, and are disingenuous when they simply shrug and say none of it is their fault.

Anyway, I don't really watch too many gaming channels on Youtube but I do dip into Jenna Marbles from time to time. She cracks me up.

Also, Youtube Center let's you download Youtube videos, if that's your thing, but it isn't on the Chrome app extension store and if you try to side-load it Chrome will disable it - solution is to use SRWare Iron, which is Chrome with the Google tracking removed - once you install Iron, just remove the default search engine and homepages and you're good to go. You'll still need to handle your own cookies (sounds rude) but, Jesus, there has to be a balance between paranoia and function.

Edit: checked out that "Worth A Buy" "guy". Found a few funny videos, then hit the "Z" rant where he used "raped" about a million times. Turned me off like a switch.
    Last edited by frightlever; 17-07-2014 at 03:36 PM.

You can read a bit on how it came about on the Kickstarter page. They've written their pitch as "Yogscast are making a game! Oh, and Winterkewl are going to develop it." That should already have been cause for alarm. It's hard to tell who would eventually be responsible for the game. As for their partnership, here's a quote:

Lewis and Simon can barely manage a simple jumping puzzle - so the Yogscast aren’t going to be doing any actual coding! We aren't programmers or artists but luckily we have close friends at Winterkewl Games who are. They are a team of talented indie developers based in and around Hollywood, California. Their artists and programmers are long-time veterans of film and game companies - working at the highest levels of production. We started concept work and pre-production during our trip to Los Angeles in October 2011, which might help to explain how we ended up visiting Dreamworks in this video:
    This will be Winterkewl Games’s first title but after seeing what they have been able to put together for our demo we are sure these are the right guys for the job! In only a few months of part-time development, the game is already looking fantastic.
    Winterkewl’s artists, modelers, animators and programmers are partnering with us on this project to create the game our community wants. Whatever we together can imagine they will endeavour to make real. In the game at least! All of the art on this page as well as everything you can see on Yogventures official website - http://www.yognaughts.com - was created by this highly skilled team of artists and programmers!

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    It does look like Winterkewl were approached but that could just be spin to make it look like a Yogcast idea so it'd appeal to the fans more.

Could be a false positive but Malwarebytes realtime blocked that yognaughts site.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    The older videos are better. There's one about Thief even.
    Honestly I only watch mrsnuggleduck reviews from time to time. I don't always agree with him but it's not videogamessuck or average (bad) youtuber stuff. It's ok and it's quick
    /ot
    Last edited by Wenz; 17-07-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    post in progress