Hybrid View

Network Hub

Quick question on system temps

Hey guys. So basically I'm wondering if the temperature my laptop runs at when its idle and under heavy load are alright or actually kinda bad. When it's idle i.e. just browsing the internet my gpu is constantly at 62C and cpu fluxtuates between 49-55C. When I'm playing a game such as Red Orchestra 2 my gpu will jump up to around 70-73C and my cpu to a (kinda scary) 79-83C.

That last one seems quite hot to me... but I don't really know. Certainly I don't experience any performance issues etc. but I'm still curious. Thoughts?

Edit: Oh also, nothing is Overclocked etc.
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 23-09-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Activated Node
    What laptop? But don't worry, that is to be expected from a laptop anyway, because they are not meant for gaming. That GPU temp at Idle is quite strange. Like I said, what laptop?

The GPU temp seems normal. CPU - not so much. But as Draakon said, we need specs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Those upper CPU temps are getting a bit high, the GPU could be normal though depending on what's actually in the system. What kind of system are we talking about?

Network Hub
    The laptops an Acer Aspire 5739g. Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz cpu, 4 gb ram and an nvidia 130m gt. Couple of years old now but still quite capable of playing most games on high settings these days.

I've a cooling pad coming in the post tomorrow which will hopefully help things out a little. It's the reason I checked my temps in the first place, I want to see how much of a difference it makes :P

Activated Node
    Have you actually cleaned your laptop over the years? You need to do it ASAP. Just open the panels at the bottom of the laptop, use air pressure can or something to blow the air inside, make sure if you don't want to completely open it up to blow it inside every bits and peaces.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Draakon View Post
    Have you actually cleaned your laptop over the years? You need to do it ASAP. Just open the panels at the bottom of the laptop, use air pressure can or something to blow the air inside, make sure if you don't want to completely open it up to blow it inside every bits and peaces.
    I have once of twice but it's been a while since I've done so, thanks for the reminder!

The cooling pad came this morning, my cpu now idles around the 35 to 38C mark, and my gpu at a steady 44C, which is a significant difference so I'm happy with that. I'll be curious to see how much of a difference it makes later on when I try some games.