Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar

Ley lines did it (Living story spoilers)

Here you go!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Is the title a spoiler?

If somebody writes a LS recap I'll put it here. Don't bother though, nobody will read it.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 16-07-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks Malawi. Good to have a spoilery thread.

Title isnt really spoilers, reckon that can stay

I liked the Chekov's gun mention of the locket with the picture of the (unidentified) heir to the human throne. So is this Marjory, Kasmeer, another NPC or someone not yet revealed?

Most obvious would be Marjory, dashing off to speak to her unrevealed mother at the end - Logan and Jenna's secret?
    Of course I reckon its my human mesmer, but that might be harder to put into canon.

The video at the end was great, lots of good

They do seem to have picked up the pace from LS1, and whilst the pacing is slightly too slow for a 2 week cycle (LS fills an evening, achievement hunting another, and new zone exploration another couple, so you are ready for another after a week not two) this is unprecedented in video games, so I'm happy.
    And I loved the cliffhanger - the claims to have learned from other media seem to be holding up, if this can run like a series of TV drama then we are in for some good times
    Last edited by Xanadu; 16-07-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Interesting... I thought the locket as showing the current but the vines "thought" it was the queen so was out to kill her. Power rarely equalling intelligence.
    Is there a pipe/thread of logan is the queens dad or perhaps brother/cousin?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Logan is the queen's daddy if anything. If you've played the Personal Story you could be aware that he betrayed Destiny's Edge to go out and save her/his love. That is if you're talking about Jenna(h?).

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Logan is the queen's daddy if anything. If you've played the Personal Story you could be aware that he betrayed Destiny's Edge to go out and save her/his love. That is if you're talking about Jenna(h?).
    Well this is where I'm wondering if its a little less crotched based love... Just wondering how it could spin back in that Majory and Logan are Jenna's real parents or something off the wall Once she slept with logan, never again and she turned to ladies.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Edited my post, got the Queens name wrong. Thx Squiz. Not entirely clear why they need to keep it a secret, generally being a hero ought to trump not being a noble, but its pretty common knowledge both in game and lore
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Well this is where I'm wondering if its a little less crotched based love...
    They knit together? Odd

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks like we were doing the Concordia achievement wrong yesterday. The instance owner needs to TALK to the ressed NPCs to get credit, yesterday we just ressed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Looks like we were doing the Concordia achievement wrong yesterday. The instance owner needs to TALK to the ressed NPCs to get credit, yesterday we just ressed them.
    Easy then, just wait for "you" to talk to them before then finally talking with Rox

Network Hub
    the entire cutscene at the end just smacked of 2001 a space odessey, was waiting for a "Hello Dave" to pop up.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The pale tree is HAL-9000?

Network Hub
    I can't be the first to think that the Pale Tree is the new Glint

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I thought that was pretty damn good. Except for the Mordrem Thrasher fight. Shudder.

If they can keep this up, I think they'll redeem the idea of the living story.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

This is actually quite good, which makes me fear it will crash and burn horribly in the not-too-distant future. At least the player character gets to have some input on the story, unlike the Personal Story with the Welsh salad guy whose name I keep forgetting. I was having to try very hard not to break into uncontrollable fits of laughter during the final cutscene, since they for whatever reason they render your character as-is. Seeing a somewhat stoned-looking Charr in an orange-black bathrobe and flaming shoulder pads floating through with a ridiculous animation and bad lighting spoiled it somewhat.

Network Hub
    that cutscene is massively improved when you look like a baby dolyak

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Just wondering how it could spin back in that Majory and Logan are Jenna's real parents or something off the wall Once she slept with logan, never again and she turned to ladies.
    that's probably a lot more of a twist than Anet have in stall for us. Kinda figured that Maj was being written out without being killed as she was such a good character (at least to begin with), rumour has it that she was to be killed off by Scarlett so I doubt they'll be much more than a bit part for her now, after all you can't have 2 human hero's. Kasmeer for the Queens daughter since she's also a mesmer

I still think that the final party member will be Canach, currently bailed out by an unknown noble, Kasmeer? (thanks for that Yonis) and we don't have a warrior or a sylvari in the party yet.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I think it's now confirmed that the Shining Blade have Canach.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    After a spot of revision, it became apparent that Jory is of canthan descent, so probably not related to the queen, unless she was sneaking off behind Logan's back. Kasmeer, Mesmer, parents disappeared mysteriously is a better fit.

Activated Node
    "This won't end well."