Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    That was unexpected.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indeed. I was expecting all dry top and the grove, instead we get Eir, Rytlock, frozen wastes and what looked like AC

New AC path? Go on. please...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Activated Node
    I don't understand what Rytlock is doing. I thought only the true heir of Ascalon could break the curse
    "This won't end well."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    New AC path? Go on. please...
    * Replaced spider queen with cave troll
    * Replaced Kholer with cave troll

Network Hub
    I don't know what he is doing either. But Ascalon is incredibly interesting lore-wise, and I have been pleasantly surprised with the story so far... Pretty excited for this patch now!

Plus, Rytlock is the best member of Destiny's Edge, so the bigger his role in all this, the better.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    * Replaced spider queen with cave troll
    * Replaced Kholer with cave troll
    * Replaced cave troll with 2 cave trolls

Other than that, the trailer could just as well be a misplaced launch trailer or whatever. Guess they're attempting to tie the whole leylaleylaleylines thing together with the existing content. And failing, obviously.

Ever the optimist

I like what they're trying to do with the dragon this time around. I think they have a long way to go to actually make them truly threatening, but the destruction of settlements is a nice start.

I was reading about Dark Souls recently and caught onto the idea of the Primordial Serpents. They do remind me of the dragons from GW2, what with them sleeping for eras and their natural habitats being deep under the world. Plus the serpents are actually described as 'imperfect dragons'.

I know a lot of these things are part of the common mythology of dragons, but it's interesting to note how the Dark Souls interpretation of something immortal lurking underneath the earth is far more intriguing than GW2's - at least to me. This is especially weird given that the serpents in Dark Souls actually give exposition to you - something that should make them less mysterious, not more. I wonder if having a conversation with an Elder Dragon in GW2 would make a difference...
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

The serpents in Dark Souls are also manipulative little buggers. Something that GW2 could make a use of a bit more often I think. Most of the writing is so obvious that the story telling has to resort to cheap mystahreez ("Who is this Mr. E trolling us with his messages?") instead of coming up with real surprises.

Obscure Node
    I think part of the problem with the dragons feeling like any sort of threat is that all the devastation they've caused has happened before the game's timeline, we didn't see Lion's Arch flood, the northern Shiverpeaks being destroyed, or any of the other dragon-y things. So by Mordremoth actually messing with the game world as we know it he is instantly more threatening seeming than any of the others have managed to be.
    It'll probably take the destruction of something big to make this sink in though - say Rata Sum being pulled from the air by vines, or something like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Flip side of that is that because the other dragons rising had such a massive impact (complete destruction of entire regions, massive flooding, upheaval causing mass migration, corruption of vast numbers of people, cutting off of continents etc.) that our expectations are very high. We don't necessarilly need something equivalent to happen (we're heroes, we stop that kind of thing) but we do need to believe that it will if we don't act and act quickly.
    That said, I'll be there cheering on the vines if they attack Rata Sum.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    That said, I'll be there cheering on the vines if they attack Rata Sum.
    I hope you get choked by a vine.

Seconded Malawi. Rata Sum city is best city!

Rata Sum is terrible, I can never find my way around there. At least the TP and Bank are right next to each other, unlike freaking Hoelbrak.

On a more LS-related note, I really like it so far. The bosses (golem, Sylvari, weird root thingy) are really bad, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed the rest of the new content. Some of the new events are really good, and running around in a sandstorm is really cool.

And who is the heir to Kryta? You? Me? Trahearne? Who knows.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Seconded Malawi. Rata Sum city is best city!
    Hush now bobblehead and let the vines do their work
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Network Hub
    buggiest of the story patches so far....

Poss spoiler: from the Pale tree conversation it seems like the old classic get all the leaders together and kill them skit

Wonder if the speed buff kites stack on other speed buffs doubt it though.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Has anyone else even finished the episode yet?

Network Hub
    Got as far as Frostgorge sound section then it crashed on me again and gave up for the evening.

Activated Node
    I managed to finish it. Of course Anet didn't want to tell us how Sohothin got in Rytlocks hands, just what everyone wants to know. The ending was a bit weird though but I look forward seeing how Anet will write the Rytlock in the Mists part.
    "This won't end well."

Network Hub
    completed it this morning. Impression weakest of the the parts so far, a few too many rehashed fights and they literally throw Rytlock and ascalon in a hole, be interesting to see when he is dug out if ever to develop the ascalon resolution any further.