Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Possibly 1 session with the platoon we wind up in. Potentially on Woodman.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Possibly 1 session with the platoon we wind up in. Potentially on Woodman.
    I was going to suggest that the next few Tuesday trainings could be Smash focussed. Though I think Dom's doing SL training this week?

Which would leave us with 1 week
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Which would leave us with 1 week
    Every little helps!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My join date is technically the one for "garumpy".

Garumpy valiantly crashed PS2 more times per day than would seem humanly possible until I gave up.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Something came up and I will be away for a week at the start of August, so I won't be able to participate in the smash.
    Steam: Bynn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Really? 'Cos the one thing I remember from last night's meeting was someone asking if they could list "MCY-Casual" as an outfit for selection
    Nah, it was fur talking about INI-Casual. Pretty much only Fur made a fuss about RTRS and RPS enetering as two seperate entities.

The thing is, we've always been listed as "RPS" in previous ServerSmashes, despite entering as RPS / RTRS. I thought, as I was filling out the form, that RTRS had a fair few signups and could be listed as their own outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roranor View Post
    The reason we remained RPS in the comm clash despite me being the lead is because the whole discussion regarding the identification of our outfits in comps occurred after all of the applications to comm clash. As such we should not be in under the RPS banner but the joint RTRS RPS name as was agreed.
    I'll have a chat on Thursday. What would people prefer? That we re-submit as RPS / RTRS and we ask them to re-roll the choice to determine our position, or we simply go as is?

Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    Yes, I was in on Day 1 so I should totally be in the team if this is how we are deciding it & not by who follow orders, doesn't crash the Gal etc. Also I am more of a Traitor than Roranor, though he is more Irish than me.

Will there be training?
    This is the thing. I only ordered by join date beacuse it was mentioned. It seemed, if not the best way, at least an easily calculated way of doing things.

Would people prefer a "Have you taken part in ServerSmash before" preference list or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I only ordered by join date beacuse it was mentioned. It seemed, if not the best way, at least an easily calculated way of doing things.

Would people prefer a "Have you taken part in ServerSmash before" preference list or something like that?
    If it was a regular server smash I would say yes, let everyone have a go. But since we are playing to decide the name of the server I think date joined is better. It's kind of serious business. It also makes sense that people who have been playing on Miller longest get a chance to fight for the name.

If it came down to it though I would happily give my spot to someone more invested in Miller/the outfit. Although it looks like I will be bumped down to second 12 once B3 takes his rightful place, so that probably won't be an issue.

Yeah, our thinking was that if it was decided by joined date it was incorruptible by cliques or confirmation bias. Having to cull 2/3 of a list objectively is difficult at the best of times.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Nah, it was fur talking about INI-Casual. Pretty much only Fur made a fuss about RTRS and RPS enetering as two seperate entities.

The thing is, we've always been listed as "RPS" in previous ServerSmashes, despite entering as RPS / RTRS. I thought, as I was filling out the form, that RTRS had a fair few signups and could be listed as their own outfit.

I'll have a chat on Thursday. What would people prefer? That we re-submit as RPS / RTRS and we ask them to re-roll the choice to determine our position, or we simply go as is?

This is the thing. I only ordered by join date beacuse it was mentioned. It seemed, if not the best way, at least an easily calculated way of doing things.

My thoughts:

As far as I'm aware, Bastiat is the only traitor involved that doesn't play nice with the giraffes. However, I think it would be great to have an RTRS squad, but think we should be aware we might need some of the giraffes to play with us to make up the numbers.

In terms of who should play - there is no absolutely fair way of doing this. I would say we should be focussed on squad cohesion rather than seniority or guff like that. But that means getting squad leaders sorted and having some kind of training to sort it out, which may be more than we can manage. I think someone should make an executive decision, and you kind of already have, so... yay!

So we have a [RTRS] squad and one possibly two [RPS] squads allowed into the game?

That's 36 slots! Do we really have more than 36 sign ups - wow!

If there are slots left in the RTRS squad then take some tourists, if there are slots left in the RPS squads take hunters along? There is no way we should ask RTRS to give up the 12 slots that RTRS have - or force them to merge into the RPS squad(s) to get places, that's daft, they are in all respects an outfit of their own - even if we sort of act like one big outfit sometimes.

No, we potentially only have 1 squad. It depends on how many players Woodman can field. RTRS is like the second to last squad before reserves in a 480v480 match, assuming each outfit takes one squad.

And I don't play, not don't play nicely. I get along fine with the Giraffes, I'm just not interested in playing VS.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

On that note, we need to decide the SLs.

I will put myself forward for PL, but we need others to step up as SL for the three possible squads.

So, is there anyone in the first 12 who wants to SL in the MergerSmash? If so, the position is yours.

If not, we'll have to move someone who wants to.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

So - we have one squad firmly in as [RPS], and one additional as [RTRS] if Woodman can muster 480 players? That makes the debate to call the first squad as RPS/RTRS mixed more sensible, I misunderstood, but does this mean we would be giving up our [RTRS] and [RPS] entries and being re drawn as [RPTRS] - meaning we are doomed to only one squad regardless of Woodman numbers?

That sucks more than I thought.

What's this about 3 squads then Cooper??

Also if we are only getting one squad arn't you the SL of it? - no Platoon to lead - or will you be leading a FRC,MDK,RPS,TLA kind of platoon?

I think logistics will be too messy for merging the outfits again tbh. RTRS placed 39th and if there's issues with fielding RTRS members then me, boffin and daddyfob can suck it up I guess (though we do all have VS alts I'm assuming so there's a potential workaround).

What's more, I'm very much interested in RTRS establishing a distinct identity within the server community so if it's going to cause problems I'd rather take that approach. As it stands, this issue only came up because we're considered a subsidiary of Rock Planet Shotgun rather than a distinct outfit that just happens to share a forum and have some overlap in membership (like loads of other outfits do).
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm happy to SL, depending on how we work this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    What's this about 3 squads then Cooper??

Also if we are only getting one squad arn't you the SL of it? - no Platoon to lead - or will you be leading a FRC,MDK,RPS,TLA kind of platoon?
    RPS was listed as being able to field two squads, RTRS as one. When calculating which outfits get to field if the limit is 240, 360 and 480 the amount of players they were listed as being able to bring was counted. This might change, if the limit is 240 they may drop it down to one squad per outfit to allow mroe in, but as it stands RPS are in with two squads.

Platoons will be mixed-outfit platoons. So I will be platoon leading for RPS and whoever else we join with (I'll ask for MDK / FRC again.) If there are four squads, and RPS SL would be good. If RPS only has one squad, I'm tempted to PL & SL myself.

Basically, a lot isn't quite known, and we'll have to wait until Thursday for final details. But it's better to have people signed up for SL roles and not need to fill them than not have that. And we'll need a list of names in order to recieve account details.

Important note:
    THIS DOES NOT REQUIRE THE TEST SERVER.

You use the usual client, you just log in with a different SOE account. This should make it more accessible for people.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    You can set me as a reserve SL.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The RTRS/RPS thing is a bit awkward, as we're trying to have things all our own way here. Entering jointly when that's all we can do, and seperately when we can field the numbers.

Which is totally what we'd like to do (and not inherrently unreasonable, see the DIGT/252 thing), but I can also see why it would wind up some others, especially if it's seen as being a way to game more spaces in a limited participation event like this (and when MCY are loudly asking for more spaces for "good outfits" and less for "not good" ones). And I think they'd have a fair point if the "RTRS" squad actually has mostly people who you'd consider primarily as RPS members, so we should look to avoid that I think.

RTRS and RPS do have a number of shared members, so I don't see any issue with people who do have characters in both playing for either outfit, but I agree on the having our cake and eating it thing. Either we're entering stuff as a combined outfit under the RPS (Rock Paper Shotgun) community banner (which I thought was the case), or we're deciding that we're entering into things as two separate outfits.