Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Ultimately if it's two separate outfits that we field then they should be filled with the primary members of that outfit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Had time to process this in my dumb mind again and I now realise I probably do need an extra obs cam to do this since it will be a new account right? Anyone got contact details for the organiser or able to ask them on my behalf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Can you remove from a list as it turns out I'm going on holiday on the 2nd not the 4th as I got the dates mixed up. Not that I probably would have gotten a place.

On that note may I add that this is a server thing not an outfit thing so time in outfit may not be the best metric to use but rather time on server or even BR to allow those who have spent the most time on Miller to help decide its name. Also it ignores the more active members of the outfit community who may have joined the outfit later on.

Just my thoughts on it from a (suddenly) unaffected perspective. Anyway good luck in it, make sure Willermans called Miller
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR, Cobalt) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

I'm quite nitpicky in forum discussions so be warned

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Had time to process this in my dumb mind again and I now realise I probably do need an extra obs cam to do this since it will be a new account right? Anyone got contact details for the organiser or able to ask them on my behalf?
    Either go direct to SOE and ask for a Jaeger obs cam account or try Dotzor or another member of the admin team:http://ps2-pickup.enjin.com/forum/m/...updated/page/1
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

No need to discuss worthiness, legitimacy or identity. The answers are obvious and there is really no point in us going over them again.

@RTRS guys: Try and get 12 of your regulars (i.e players who almost exclusively play as RTRS) or however many you put down as being able to field.

If for whatever reason you are unable to, then i have a simple suggestion.

Using the in-game outfit members screen, someone sorts the remaining players on our list of applicants above^ by 'most time played' (under the RTRS banner). This is a good indicator of who has invested more of their time in playing with you guys and representing your outfit, whilst also remaining fair and similar in moral to the 'member since' selection criteria already used. This is almost irrefutable proof to use against anyone who might whine about stuff like "you're the same outfit" or "you're just using a loophole to get more of your guys in the mergersmash".

Sound good Bastiat?
    Last edited by NickWhite; 21-07-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    No need to discuss worthiness, legitimacy or identity. The answers are obvious and there is really no point in us going over them again.

@RTRS guys: Try and get 12 of your regulars (i.e players who almost exclusively play as RTRS) or however many you put down as being able to field.

If for whatever reason you are unable to, then i have a simple suggestion.

Using the in-game outfit members screen, someone sorts the remaining players on our list of applicants above^ by 'most time played' (under the RTRS banner). This is a good indicator of who has invested more of their time in playing with you guys and representing your outfit, whilst also remaining fair and similar in moral to the 'member since' selection criteria already used.
    This sounds like the best way to pick people in my opinion, is this also what you are suggesting as the 'obvious' way to select giraffes? It doesn't look like it will effect me at all but for sake of clarity for those who might be are we able to get a final verdict? Perhaps from the council?

Quote Originally Posted by iNGLE5 View Post
    is this also what you are suggesting as the 'obvious' way to select giraffes?
    No, just in that specific context. However, If you or anyone else feel that it should be a factor in Giraffe selection, go for it. I can personally see the benefits in considering both fields.

Quote Originally Posted by iNGLE5 View Post
    are we able to get a final verdict? Perhaps from the council?
    We wont know anything until Thursday evening onwards. Keep an eye out for updates to this thread from Cooper or Bastiat.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 21-07-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I propose we do some squad training next week!

Can everyone make it? (doubtful...)

As soon as the "best outfits" described themselves as such and immediately created a gulf in attitudes in the meeting, the whinging and whining - post-selection - was inevitable.

Network Hub
    Sorry been trying to make some sense of the reddit thread, and not sure if the decision has been finalised or not or are we still waiting on a decision tomorrow ? and atm it seems more likely that RPS would get to field some numbers if anything ?
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It's best to wait until tomorrow. I'm not sure there's any sense to be made out of the reddit thread.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This guy is HILARIOUS. I suspect he is also 'DisgruntledPlyr' as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by fersumengin View Post
    Sorry been trying to make some sense of the reddit thread, and not sure if the decision has been finalised or not or are we still waiting on a decision tomorrow ? and atm it seems more likely that RPS would get to field some numbers if anything ?
    Looks like the final numbers will be decided tomorrow, but judging by what has been said it looks like RPS will get two squads, or perhaps just one if it is decided to let more outfits participate. Or if Woodsman are super lame and cannot bring at least 240 people we might get 0 squads.

Network Hub
    right cheers Rizlar fingers crossed that Woodman manages to drum up some more numbers and RPS gets to field some numbers
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Man, and then there is INI wondering why nobody likes them...
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Either go direct to SOE and ask for a Jaeger obs cam account or try Dotzor or another member of the admin team:http://ps2-pickup.enjin.com/forum/m/...updated/page/1
    Thanks! /10 charrrrrrrr
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Erm, I might have called someone a bellend in that thread. Sorry. I did do that thing where you say your views aren't the same as the company line though, so there's that. In my defence, he was a bellend and at least I didn't do this;

Activated Node
    there's a lot of angry comments on that reddit link. is it worth pointing out to people that if something is truly random then things will group together? you can prove this by flipping a coin and you will get a huge number of heads or tails in a row at some point, it isnt always 50 50 (i have actually done this in a maths lesson its true and somewhat boring actually)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryHood View Post
    there's a lot of angry comments on that reddit link. is it worth pointing out to people that if something is truly random then things will group together?
    Sadly, it will not. Reddit is immune to logic and reason.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-