Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Depends on how well it's executed. I'll wait until I see it.
    pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Things like:
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    I was thinking about that and Brutal DOOM, but it just seems an odd thing to take inspiration from rather than the actually successful DOOM 1, 2, and 3.
    The hands that open doors were in the Doom Bible, the 1992 design document.
    As for melee, it's something id always wanted to focus on.

Tiago Sousa is now working on id Tech 6 and Doom. This guy was Crytek's top engineer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post

Tiago Sousa is now working on id Tech 6 and Doom. This guy was Crytek's top engineer.

This sounds promising :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Things like:
    Hahah.. I don't think modern gamers would survive to a map like this. Me included ( and I was playing deathmath in 1986)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I think that Crytek guy helped make the SMAA formula too.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Its really what artists that don't know anything, take the surface of something they knew i.e thinking that Doom was about demons and gore and shooting things to make gore. And not knowing what the depth of those same things were.
    What really is Doom all about if not these things? Genuine question, never played the game.

To me it's all about the guns and gameplay and level design, and it has to be shooting demons of course.

According to attendees this is DOOM...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    THE HIGHS
    Cory: We’re doomed, again
    id Software finally—finally!—showed off the new version of Doom Thursday night at QuakeCon 2014 (running on a PC, natch), and it sounds exactly like what I want from the franchise. Ian’s eyes-on report described some vicious, frantic combat with lots of demons. Massive weapons will return, and there are even some welcome changes, like more verticality. Double-jumps and jetpacks? Hell yes. Doom’s new engine, id Tech 6, looked fantastic as well, according to Ian. Here’s hoping it feels smoother than id Tech 5 does in Wolfenstein: The New Order. I’m ready for more Doom—it was my first love on the PC, and it’s a franchise I’m dying to see return to glory.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    To me it's all about the guns and gameplay and level design, and it has to be shooting demons of course.

According to attendees this is DOOM...

Sometimes, I question this as my hobby...

Haha I felt the same way :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    So many men.

Also so what the fans get a twenty minute preview of a game we will eventually play and probably won't look much like that preview anyway. I am beyond caring.

Nah I wouldn't be so upset about it really. I think it was just a matter of QA and the thing wasn't ready to be shown publicly. The first time is super important and whatever I guess, make sure there's no buggy artifacts for a trailer or gameplay or whatever.

I think the wait is gonna be pretty long though, maybe a few months at least, hopefully not all the way into 2015.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    Hahah.. I don't think modern gamers would survive to a map like this. Me included ( and I was playing deathmath in 1986)
    The funny part it's not even a 3D map. All DooM maps were 2.5D. No room can be over another one, ever. So they've added an another dimension and managed to make it feel more shallow. Congratulations!
    pass

Would a map like that be possible on consoles without frequent loading points these days?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    Would a map like that be possible on consoles without frequent loading points these days?
    No way. The middle part of the map would be an 'open world, central hub' location where you can buy weapons and run around collecting Doom feathers. The rest of the map would be sectioned off into individual levels, which would form the main campaign, except for one location which would only be accessible by preordering the DoomDelux edition, priced at £59.99