Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

Your Favourite Gaming Moment

Inspired by this video http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog...gaming-moment/ and to lighten the tone. Lets talk about our favorite Gaming moment not just in game but also out game when you played with people or the connections some games made with you video games board games or even pub games.

Here is mine

Me, My Girlfriend, and a few uni friends went over to one of our houses and played a 7 player game Of Resistance. We played it about 3 times, me being the spy at first and obviously loving being able to convince people I wasn't. Funny story about that on the second mission I went on I wanted to fail the mission but I accidently put in a success and afterwords I was like oh I failed this, but it avtually led me to my advantage because I could legitimally say I was on a team that suceeded and put doubt on other members when it went onto fail afterwards. And then being the Resistance the second and third time I remember one of the uni friends and me were kind of saying I want to trust you but I don't know and it was really hilarious because thats what the game created we were just like should I trust you I feel I should. Anyway it was just an evening of entertainment, arguing, and booze and it was really great, and happened about 2 months before we all had to leave that place to our own lives again, it was kind of the last night we were all together. Couldn't say goodbye fully to everyone after that. I always remember that night whenever I'm thinking of Uni and friends and stuff like that because that night was that special time of when we just all came together and just had fun and talked about anything and got quite drunk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've managed once to kill all other players (in game too ;) ) in King of Tokyo (awesome boardgame). One turn more and I would be dead myself.

I remember playing (well, not me exactly, I were watching) some PSX TPP (?) shooter. It had rather open levels and co-op.
    My brother and my neighbour played the co-op and they didn't had any idea what to do in first mission. Moreover, second player's splitscreen was totally black, but guy who was second player just pressed some random buttons and poof - "Mission Complete".

Next thing - we (same people as in above) were playing Quake 3 singleplayer on Dreamcast (I've exchanged PSX for DC with my friend, just for few weeks) and we didn't knew that when you die you can press fire and respawn, so we managed to finish almost all maps with restarting whole match after each death, then we found that when you die you can just respawn. :d

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Playing Monopoly game can be a very rewarding experience. Seriously, that is the first time I learnt, back when I was a 7 year-old kid, the concept of time value of money. When I had a chance to buy a property, but then lost the patience to wait for the income stream of rent, I immediately sold it to another player, only to regreted it while I had to pay the rent everytime I stepped on the property, while that player who bought that property enjoyed the handsome income stream from it. You know what? It's from that experience I earned my habit of saving. Of course, saving is a in much lower level than that of investment which truly earns you reward. Yet I realized ever since, that waiting, patience and hardwork are always rewarding.

I must said that this loss of a game completely changed my life forever. Most favorite experience of gaming which happens to be a loss, how ironic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Me and my brothers were huge fans of the game NFS3: Hot Pursuit (not to be confused with the other Hot Pursuits, this was the original 1998 version). The game was suprisingly moddable, and as such many many many additional cars for it were created, amongst them the Volkswagen Sedan Vocho (or: The mexican Beetle, which stayed in production there untill the 2000s). This being a very slow car, multiplayer races in the Hot Pursuit mode suddenly became ultra exciting, as you couldn't just outrun the cops.

In one particular instance, my brother got stuck in a roadblock. Only a second later, I rammed straight into him, which had the net effect of pushing us both trough. It was awesoomee.

It's a tie between beating a line of people eleven deep at Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting in an arcade when I was twelve and that time when I spent an entire evening getting nothing but gauntlet and railgun medals in Quake III. I cherish those memories because those times are long gone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    My in game one would be Quake Wars, usually im terrible at first person shooters basically shooting around people and then them killing me thats why usually I go for engineer class so the turrets do all the work. Well this game we basically got down to having to defend the last bit if we lost we lost the game and my turrets could only do so much. So basically it was siege mentality and shooting people to stop them from capturing the last objective. Well I managed to kill lots of people and outlr team were able to hang in for the 10 mins it took. It was glorious!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    With actual people in real life? Probably when I went out and bought a Dreamcast, then took it back to the house where I lived to be greeted with a chorus of "What the hell did you get one of those for? Why not wait for a Playstation 2?" etc., etc. (These were people who didn't play that many games so whatever was advertised on TV was pretty much the coolest thing going.)

Then I showed them Soul Calibur, and I got to see the whole household pretty much... bowled over. I'd never seen what it looked like when someone came to love a game - any game - right in front of me like that, that whole process of "Wow, I can do this? I can make one of these games look like it looks on TV? But I don't play games; are you sure I'm HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING". I found it heartwarming and fascinating in just about equal measure.

Several hours and countless rounds of winner stays on later, no-one asked me why I hadn't gone with Sony any more. I'm really not a multiplayer sort of person, by and large, but I still treasure that memory.
    Steam | Tumblr (stories, writing-related) | Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the first person to claim their best moment was single player by themselves, so I can shout at them.

For years I would have said playing Pokemon in the (only ever I think) UK nationals where I won the regional and explained to my mystified parents I'd won us a holiday. We go to the then still exciting Millennium Dome and play the quarter finals, a chain of critical hits later I'm knocked out and unphased I go have a nice afternoon on the house.

More recently I'm torn between playing Boom Blox and Spelunky with my family. 4 player coop with instant death and high stakes with one game and irreverent digital vandalism the other.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm waiting for the first person to claim their best moment was single player by themselves, so I can shout at them.
    Hi there buddy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I actually had a contender that lost out that was single player. Getting down my first multi section research mission home from Minimus, I spent hours on that flight which had parts that couldn't even take off unless the sun was either setting or rising.

Orbiting earth I awkwardly ferry the research notes into the cramped life pod and decouple from the main vessel and I realise I've been sat gawping so long my mouth has dried out completely. It was transcendent, all of this was of course before I realised you could save... Maybe I should stick to ironman more often.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I remember playing a tekken game on a friend's console, Gon's tail of doom always kicked our asses
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Playing Final Fantasy VII when I was 10 and just being amazed at everything in it, having no idea a game could offer so much awesome. Still love the game today and play fire it up every now and then.

a lot of my more precious moments are with me and my brothers and cousins playing the ol' PSX/PSOne. Sure, I would've gone ahead and play Dune 2000 back in the day but there's just something that's never quite the same as playing Crash Bandicoot or Final Fantasy IX with them.

on the pc though, I just love it when I go on and do something rather suicidal yet came out on top. Went up for a match in Dota 2 with a friend on the public servers. Two people left the game on our team, so it's just us and a guy who's fairly competent at playing Shadow Fiend. they're basically a balanced squad that could wipe the floor with us, all carries and all the towers are down. dunno how that happened but we managed to stop their pushes everytime they do. We worked together with this stranger, hunting them down, pushed their towers and playing more aggressively than they do which eventually, we brought them down to their knees that made all except two leave the game. We fought, we survived, we won. Like my friend said, could be lulzy
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Nice thread!

One of my earliest "gaming with other people" memories was a boring birthday of my nephew. He was playing some fighter jet simulator on the original Playstation with some friends of his, who were all way older than me. After someone finally gave me the controller, I managed to down 15 enemy fighters in a row, despite never having played the game before. It was a pure stroke of luck of course, but I still remember feeling like a badass when all the older guys around me stood in awe at my amazing flying skills.

Playing through all the Gears of War games in co-op with my best friend was awesome too.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    This match, more specifically how it brought the community together.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have almost never played games with other people, so my favorite gaming moment is definitely single player. Is that allowed?