Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar

"Let's Play Alpha Protocol" by Wizardry -- Fundraising Thread

In another thread, Wizardry said that if someone paid him, he would play Alpha Protocol. I can only speak for my own self, but I think that is worth a sum of money. Who can say what kind of sum? $20/hr seems fair (how long is AP?) but after some thinking, I realized a much more awesome and ambitious goal would be some Let's Play footage.

This is of course a distant hope, as Wizardry only assured us he would play the game; a Let's Play is far more trouble. Hence I propose a fistful of $30 hourly be hurled forth, so that we will have something nice to watch on the Youtubes. Maybe he will refuse to document a word about it...which is okay, because at least he will PLAY it, for a price. And maybe the price will be too steep for us.

But this thread exists in order to get financial commitments from all responsible-minded denizens of the realm -- so that we will know what kind of resources we can pour into this great work.

That is all, thank you for listening.
    -- A Friend

I'll go first:

I don't have much in the way of money, I'm more of an idea person, but I did throw out an old cup of root beer from my car today, and in the cupholder I found a few dimes and quarters sitting in the pooled condensation from the recently-disposed root beer cup. I could probably spare most of that for starters, and maybe more if I see others are on board too.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Let me save you the money: this is what would happen, just replace Halo with Alpha Protocol, and Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger with Wizardry VI/Gold Box.

Hah, fair enough =P
    But I think that Wizardry is probably secretly l337 at real-time action-pwnage games even though he doesn't like them.
    My prediction is that this LP would be the Citizen Kane of LP's...and though I sincerely appreciate your glimpse into the future and your desire to save my credits, I must press onward like an Oregon Trail Pioneer into the maw of dysentery.

P.S. Wizardry if you are reading this <del>by now you know that I am dead</del> please do not think I am comparing You+AP to dysentery. That doesn't even make sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I was just going to go Clockwork Orange on his ass, but in light of the risks (he could be a 7 foot tall 350lb black man), getting him to torture himself makes more sense.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 25-09-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    1) This thread will likely go hideously wrong

2) I doubt Wizardry has Steam, or even understands the concept

3) He's probably still using Win 95
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Only I am allowed to troll Wizardry.