Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar

"Let's Play Alpha Protocol" by Wizardry -- Fundraising Thread

In another thread, Wizardry said that if someone paid him, he would play Alpha Protocol. I can only speak for my own self, but I think that is worth a sum of money. Who can say what kind of sum? $20/hr seems fair (how long is AP?) but after some thinking, I realized a much more awesome and ambitious goal would be some Let's Play footage.

This is of course a distant hope, as Wizardry only assured us he would play the game; a Let's Play is far more trouble. Hence I propose a fistful of $30 hourly be hurled forth, so that we will have something nice to watch on the Youtubes. Maybe he will refuse to document a word about it...which is okay, because at least he will PLAY it, for a price. And maybe the price will be too steep for us.

But this thread exists in order to get financial commitments from all responsible-minded denizens of the realm -- so that we will know what kind of resources we can pour into this great work.

That is all, thank you for listening.
    -- A Friend

I'll go first:

I don't have much in the way of money, I'm more of an idea person, but I did throw out an old cup of root beer from my car today, and in the cupholder I found a few dimes and quarters sitting in the pooled condensation from the recently-disposed root beer cup. I could probably spare most of that for starters, and maybe more if I see others are on board too.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Let me save you the money: this is what would happen, just replace Halo with Alpha Protocol, and Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger with Wizardry VI/Gold Box.

Hah, fair enough =P
    But I think that Wizardry is probably secretly l337 at real-time action-pwnage games even though he doesn't like them.
    My prediction is that this LP would be the Citizen Kane of LP's...and though I sincerely appreciate your glimpse into the future and your desire to save my credits, I must press onward like an Oregon Trail Pioneer into the maw of dysentery.

P.S. Wizardry if you are reading this <del>by now you know that I am dead</del> please do not think I am comparing You+AP to dysentery. That doesn't even make sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I was just going to go Clockwork Orange on his ass, but in light of the risks (he could be a 7 foot tall 350lb black man), getting him to torture himself makes more sense.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 25-09-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Banned
    1) This thread will likely go hideously wrong

2) I doubt Wizardry has Steam, or even understands the concept

3) He's probably still using Win 95

Only I am allowed to troll Wizardry.