View Poll Results: What game you want to get first on the PC?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Dead Redention (pick this one, in a unbiased way, don't feel forced by me)

23 50.00%
  • Destiny (Wrong option)

13 28.26%
  • Last of us (Wrong option)

10 21.74%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Well let's get the PS3 one running first before we move to PS4 :)
    *After browsing around*
    http://rpcs3.net/
    It boots a commercial game and shows some videos.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Destiny, even the name turns me off, sounds really arrogant, I don't know why, its the first game to do so.
    What about Blizzard's Titan? Granted it was just a project name...

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    If you're the sort of person who will be endlessly entertained by different coloured plants and animals then I guess No Man's Sky is going to definitely be for you. Until I hear more about the actual gameplay, read a review or three and see it at 75% off in a Steam sale, I'll reserve judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    If you're the sort of person who will be endlessly entertained by different coloured plants and animals then I guess No Man's Sky is going to definitely be for you. Until I hear more about the actual gameplay, read a review or three and see it at 75% off in a Steam sale, I'll reserve judgement.
    One word: Spore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    *After browsing around*
    http://rpcs3.net/
    It boots a commercial game and shows some videos.
    Yep, it's been around for maybe 5 years already. How many games does it run again? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Yep, it's been around for maybe 5 years already. How many games does it run again? ;)
    1 Bejeweled clone with graphical artifacts and several videos. Could be worse.

Recorded some gameplay off the Destiny beta's Moon map that was open for 2 hours yesterday if anyone wants to see it. Dont worry, no annoying commentary or lame webcam in the corner on this video. (Also should be ad free if Google cares about my channel settings)

Norwegian Gamer Extraordinaire!
    Look me up on Steam, Raptr, YouTube, Hitbox.tv & Twitch.tv!
    PSN: DEagleson, Xbox Live: DEagleson, WildStar EU: Look up DEagleson on the Eko server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DEagleson View Post
    Recorded some gameplay off the Destiny beta's Moon map that was open for 2 hours yesterday if anyone wants to see it.
    That looked positivelly cool. Except the gameplay on earth is exactly the same. So, I dunno. I am not seeing a great deal of replayability here.

I want to punch things in the face like you did. What class is that? titan?

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    That looked positivelly cool. Except the gameplay on earth is exactly the same. So, I dunno. I am not seeing a great deal of replayability here.

I want to punch things in the face like you did. What class is that? titan?
    Im more of a PvE coop guy so went with a Titan cause i like to wreck stuff. :D Got a better geared Titan on Xbox since all my friends be there but most of them gonna graduate to PS4. (We still all have PCs tho.)
    Apparantly the final game will have more areas to go including wrecked up Chicago and some kind of place in Europe. Cant wait. :D
    PSN: DEagleson, Xbox Live: DEagleson, WildStar EU: Look up DEagleson on the Eko server.

I missed the Moon mission period :'(

But at least some of the MP is on the Moon, fun stuff.
    Except the gameplay on earth is exactly the same. So, I dunno. I am not seeing a great deal of replayability here.
    Come on Tei, this is a little dramatic/extreme lol. Have we played vidyagames before? Lol. Leveling a lot of criticism for a game it doesn't seem like you've played very much. We're looking at most at a small fraction of the start of the game, and an even smaller fraction of a level just a little later. That's about it.

Still playing the first Halo today because the gameplay is fun. It's still, yes, the same game as it was since 2001. And still fun. Still play DOOM as well. Extremely repetitive shooters, but brought to life because of all the little intangibles and big tangibles they do, and the feeling of the gunplay.

Destiny has much of the same kind of fun factor. I'd really recommend giving it a little more of a chance.

P.S. The Jigoku scout rifle is feels exactly like the pistol from Halo 1, except with a larger clip and a little less zoom, I'm set for my main weapon :)
    Last edited by rockman29; 27-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I kinda liked Halo, but mention of Borderlands elements kills it for me. To each their own, but I really despised the grindy imbalanced systems of these games.

Not that I will buy a console anyway, though.

The gameplay is not very grindy actually, you can advance through levels quite well just playing story, at least based on the demo offering. At the end of story missions you will get appropriate items that will give you an opportunity in the next levels. They have also been the most generous with XP to level up as well. Grinding regular enemies is not very efficient, but I guess you could do it.

It has huge aspects similar to Borderlands, but the gameplay being purely stat-based or having many enemies that are just bullet sponges is not really a feature of this one. The damage is stat-based, but you also get critical hits based on headshots. And enemies aren't nearly as spongey (well some are, but that's like the Knight or Wizards or Captain enemies, who are like Brutes and Hunters and Elites in Halo, they are meant to be more tanky than the regular enemies).

It won't hold you back in a fight against enemies you'll face up against. It'll be harder to take down a level 11 enemy at level 8, but it's not so much crazier than a level 8 enemy. From this snippet, it doesn't really hold you back through stats and makes you grind. It's been more fun to play the game that way sometimes too, the extra bit of challenge is pretty awesome.

If you're trying to go through the story, it will give you more than enough to advance. You can, if you want, look for loot and secret areas though, and participate in the random events or exploring gameplay.

I did try to do a Level 6 mission (a hard mode of a Level 3 mission) as a level 3 character, but that level disparity was very big. Came very close though, was very fun. And got some great drops for that character level.

This game is a lot faster, and plays a lot more like a singleplayer Halo, which is really what it is, just with instancing to let other players join you or help you at any time. Kind of like what they wanted to do with the Halo series originally.
    Last edited by rockman29; 27-07-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    No different than any other game*. Different tileset, same gameplay. Bear in mind this is the fourth (?) "level" in the game.

If you liked Borderlands (or Halo), you'll love Destiny. If you didn't, you probably won't.

*: Ironically, the new Borderlands DOES have different rules for different environments. And I can't help but think that was an intentional move and that it will be full of jabs at Destiny. Also, I will be playing the new Borderlands too :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I played some Destiny today. Feels as good as Halo. There's some light Borderlands RPG stuff sprinkled on top. Visually it's a mix of Halo and Rage.
    I didn't like the multiplayer but the Old Russia sections are great fun.

However, there are too many environmental clues intended to guide the player. I wish it was more subtle, it's full of lights and cables which lead to points of interest... They constantly bothered me. Maybe other areas use something less obvious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I feel bad I made this thread here.
    Maybe I am a bit like Forrest Gump, and I care too much when my lettuces mix with my potatos.

With the current content (not the original premise) is a bit off-topic here.

I am here to say that I love good sci-fi, and these russian style cyberpunk is just amazing. The game has great design.

I feel bad I made this thread here.
    Maybe I am a bit like Forrest Gump, and I care too much when my lettuces mix with my potatos.

With the current content (not the original premise) is a bit off-topic here.

I am here to say that I love good sci-fi, and these russian style cyberpunk is just amazing. The game has great design.
    Sorry about that. :( Will you ever forgive me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    I don't really pay attention to console games at all since I'm never going to buy a console, but I did end up watching a nearly six hours long video of the Destiny beta yesterday (granted, I also do enjoy this guy's videos). I suspect I might play it if it was on PC (depending on how much it's going to rely on IAP, possibly). It's certainly pretty and the mechanics look fairly good for a MMO type of thing.

The video, if anyone's interested. There's both a good lot of singleplayer exploration and coop play (and a bit of PvP):
    http://www.twitch.tv/sidestrafe/b/548498134

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I bought a PS4 recently, and It don't look like money well spent. Theres hardly any game at the moment. And it continue true that for games where theres a PC version, the PC version is the best. and on top of all, is weird to play FPS with a control pad.

But.. hey!... It will be able to play some games that otherwise will not, and will be able to play others sooner, when the publisher lag behind.

Thanks to moderators for moving the thread!.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I bought a PS4 recently, and It don't look like money well spent. Theres hardly any game at the moment. And it continue true that for games where theres a PC version, the PC version is the best. and on top of all, is weird to play FPS with a control pad.

But.. hey!... It will be able to play some games that otherwise will not, and will be able to play others sooner, when the publisher lag behind.

Thanks to moderators for moving the thread!.
    Never buy a console in the first year (says the guy who bought a PS4 and loves it...). Wait until there are games you want for it, THEN get it.

That being said, I suggest either avoiding FPSes or just putting aside the prejudice and getting used to the twin-stick approach. You get less precise aiming but much more fluid movment, and I do find I prefer the "triggers" over the mouse buttons for shooting. It is not worse, just different (although, I wouldn't use a gamepad for an FPS on the PC :p).

Beyond that: I do a mix. Games like AssFlag I get on the console since I prefer to play that with a gamepad anyway and it lends itself better to a TV. Games like Battlefield I get on PC because I want the larger environments. If I do get GTA5, it will be on PS4 because I find I generally prefer consoles for "casual" multiplayer: A LOT less assholes. Which is hilarious. Well, that and the PS4 has an easy way for me to disable all voice chat in all games when I don't feel like engaging with human beings, rather than the per-game basis on PC.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My Moon exploration. Finshed with taking out 2 lv 12 Hallowed Knights. Which I could not kill at lv 7 due to dumb MMO mechanics of making anything ??? unkillable (Immune, Resists your weapon fire in this case). I explored the bottom right of the Moon map and it has quite the expansive tunnels and caverns. Unfortunately Twitch was not outputting to 720p =/, or there is some limit to the PS4 app and broadcast saves still.