Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    So are you saying me to quit RTRS, because I'll never acknowledge being part of giraffes?
    Petty antagonism is at the core of our ethos, you represent the giraffes more than most willing members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Bank, I think you are confusing community and outfit. We are two clear outfits, but we have always been part of the same community. There is no difference between us community wise, we are all PS2 players within the RPS forums... Its as simple as that.

You have worked to create an outfit with a separate identity, which has succeeded, as you are not part of what is known as "the giraffes", but part of the lovable scoundrels we know as RTRS.

So there is something to show for all of your work, but we are still part of the same whole at the end of the day. This is what allows us to co-operate easily for cross community events, such as silly mondays, CTAs, smashes/other multi community things.

Of course nobody would ever tell you to leave RPS :P.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So are you saying me to quit RTRS, because I'll never acknowledge being part of giraffes?
    If thats your conclusion then fine, and what you do or dont accept are not really important in the overall scheme of perception, by members of either outfit as well as towards the outside world.

Or, you could offcourse see if you can create your own fora for RTRS only things.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    if thats your conclusion .
    that was a fucking straightforward question, not a rethorical one!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

You know how a great deal of your interactions end up with you, the other party, or both getting annoyed? That might not be the fault of the rest of the world.

Just a thought.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It wasnt a real question now wasnt it? First of all you imply something I've said that I havent, and then you go draw strange extremety's on that. If that's your thing that's fine, if you want to quit dont let anyone stop you. But I doubt it's necessary at all, its just you taking things to extreme.

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Or, you could offcourse see if you can create your own fora for RTRS only things.
    It's in the works
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Woah people, chill out a bit. This is a thread about expressing your opinion/view about our identity (in different aspects). Therefore, no one is wrong and people will have conflicting views. That is expected, accepted, and respected.

So let's drop the pointless arguing about petty points, and let's try to listen to each other and understand each others' viewpoints. See the community from someone else's eyes. Or don't. I don't really care either way, as long as you're not arguing against someone else here.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    You know, fuck this. I'm out from Rock Paper Shotgun Planetside 2 community. See ya.

It wasnt a real question now wasnt it?
    Actually it was, clarification question at least, and since I didn't know that "fora" is a legit word as stupid as english language is.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 30-07-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Chill everyone.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm starting RTRPS and I'll make it TR... Hell, it already has TR in the name.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

It wasnt a real question now wasnt it? First of all you imply something I've said that I havent, and then you go draw strange extremety's on that [...]
    I could do a point-by-point analysis to explain to you why Bank's reponse was quite possibly a genuine question*, how you did imply that (if read in slight tunnel-vision) and that it was maybe not extreme*: however, being the empathic person I'm sure you are, you can figure that out yourself as I'm heeding Sir Hoc's plea.

It's been interesting to see the variety of responses and surprisingly hard to properly summarise my position on it. I find writing things down always forces more critical analysis of my points, hence the difficulty.

* Edit: as you can see from that post above.
    Last edited by eltdown; 26-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    You know how a great deal of your interactions end up with you, the other party, or both getting annoyed? That might not be the fault of the rest of the world.

Just a thought.
    Bank is, somehow, known as one of the more level headed officers of RTRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    not on these forums, mind. And yes, I have played with him, without any kind of problem.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Well that escalated quickly..

I didn't realise some people felt so strongly about getting a clear divide between the outfits.

I can however understand that, if RTRS want to be totally dis-associated with RPS then that would be, as I say understandable, the current situation has caused both issues some issues from the outside.

I would however say that I'd be very very sad to have this forum and out of game community fractured. I like the traitors! Even the ones who never play as Giraffes!

Everyone should take a breath. I don't think Pepper intended to tell Banks he had to leave, just that it would be hard to set up a separate "community" while using one forum, and I for one wouldn't want that anyway. Two Outfits, One Community!

I also think Mr Rotas needs to not escalate so fast! Chill dude. We wov ou still! even if you blow up my face far too often.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    Everyone should take a breath. I don't think Pepper intended to tell Banks he had to leave, just that it would be hard to set up a separate "community" while using one forum, and I for one wouldn't want that anyway. Two Outfits, One Community!

I also think Mr Rotas needs to not escalate so fast! Chill dude. We wov ou still! even if you blow up my face far too often.
    I dont think he has to leave at all, it's his own choice in that matter.

Bread?

Simmer down everyone, dont make me get the justice hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    I would however say that I'd be very very sad to have this forum and out of game community fractured. I like the traitors! Even the ones who never play as Giraffes!
    Indeed, it doesn't feel desirable or at all necessary. And it can't be that hard for everyone to keep things civil on here, we are a bunch of exceptionally lovely people!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Further thoughts I've had about the two outfits, the community and our identity from general musings and the replies in this thread:

When I first started in RPS I had no idea RTRS even existed. I had chosen to play Vanu because of their superior doctrine (science, fuck yeah!!) and had played outfit-less for a couple of months, only playing "organised" with friends. But I joined the outfit, and after a while RPS became the reason I kept on playing Planetside. The game in itself was fun, and I loved flying. But it was the banter, the friendly spirit in mumble, the cooperation, and the amazing fights we had together which made the game truly great for me. And with this new community, there also came a new rivalry. RTRS. The traitors. I hadn't noticed their tag before (I don't think, or at least can't remember it), but suddenly there was special focus on the one NC outfit. Our enemies. I didn't get it at first, and didn't really care. But after a while, it became a nice thing to go after them. People were excited in mumble, it felt like each kill meant a little more than it usually did, and it was noticeable that RTRS felt the same. Our mutual rivalry always made for great fights. And for along time, this was my opinion of RTRS. I saw them as enemies, and rivals. People I went the extra mile for in order to get a kill, and people I knew would put a great an enjoyable fight.

Cue the start of CCEU. This was my first real interaction with traitors. I had read a tiny bit of what was posted under the RTRS tag on the forums, but very rarely bothered. But with CCEU, I started to train with traitors every week. I discussed tactics with them, and played in a squad with them, I faced opposition and crushing (but still enjoyable) defeat with them. In short, I got to know them. And these shared experiences changed my view of RTRS and my bonds with the outfit. After CCEU I still trained with them on tuesdays and sundays, and even organized some trainings myself. In a way, my bonds (still young and mostly untested) were nurtured by these training sessions. And I started to play other games with people from both RPS and RTRS. This journey was how I went from being part of, and primarily identifying myself with, Rock Planet Shotgun, the outfit, to Rock Paper Shotgun, the Planetside 2 sub-community.

And whenever I meet RTRS on the field nowadays... I give a little bit extra to try to kill them. I overextend, focus fire on people, chase them, and sneak up on them. In most ways, it's exactly the same as when I first joined RPS and learnt about RTRS. But there is one difference. Before, I was shooting at people with the RTRS tag. Now, I'm shooting at specific people. I don't kill "random RTRS dude", I kill "Boffin", "Dom", "Jeff", etc. And when I kill them, it's always with a smile on my face. The same way I kill my IRL friends whenever we play a competetive game. It's not the joy of besting an enemy, it's the joy of besting a friend in a legitimate fight. And I sense the same in them. I can almost feel how they are talking about us in their mumble channel. "Hoc's in a scythe, let's shoot him down.", "Damn, I got killed by Hoc.", or just a general "Let's kill those damn giraffes!". All with a smile, and a sense of joy.

It's a relationship of mutual understanding, respect, camaraderie, and a profound feeling that the game would be less fun if the other outfit didn't exist.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    I agree, to the point where I forget that the guy in the game and the guy on here are the same person. Whenever I've had the pleasure to tag along with RTRS he's been a sweetheart. Perhaps he should dictate his responses on the forum using a speech to text program since keyboards apparently shave his fuse down to a nub?