Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Super-dooper!

So, is this a manual tourney thing, whereby people report results somewhere or does FS have a built in tourney system?

R

Well, good question. There is an in-game tournament system which briefly went live (for Steam versions) last weekend, only to be rolled back because it didn't work. It may or may not be live now, but I'm a bit reluctant to use it until it's had time to bed in.

Which is a long-winded way of saying that yes, season 3 will be run manually. All will become clear when I post the rules.

Signed up. Got the game a while back on a Steam offer; gl hf all of you!

Signed up, but Wombat, your inbox is full so couldn't submit my mail.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Colour me interested, only picked it up today, on the humble bundle but enjoying the multiplayer :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gruzcik View Post
    Signed up, but Wombat, your inbox is full so couldn't submit my mail.
    Ooops, sorry - there's space in my inbox now.

Sign me out unfortunately. I have too many ongoing sessions in other games and work becomes a burden lately :/
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

That's OK, thanks for letting me know.

Season 3 has now begun! Due to all the new faces we now have five divisions, so thanks to all those who've signed up. The new players have been added to the league in the order in which they registered their participation. You can now start issuing challenges and playing your matches - click here to see the league tables. Players from previous seasons: please note that we are now playing four men per side in each match; other rules are unchanged.

Important: each player has the responsibility of challenging every player above him/her in the appropriate division. That means that, for instance, cimethink in division one has to issue five challenges: to Web_cole, ColOfNature, WombatDeath, Jolima and SFLegend. Heliocentric, in division one, only has to issue one challenge (to Desvergeh).

If you are unsure who you should be challenging, look at the second tab on the spreadsheet. You need to issue a challenge for each game in which you are Player 1. If you're still unsure, post in this thread or send me a PM.

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Elimination
    Map type: symmetrical
    Turn limit:
    eight turns
    Turn duration
    : five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: four men per player
    Server: UK1

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.

2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must state the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in game [game ID]".

Example: "WombatDeath has challenged ColOfNature in game 123456".

3) After each game has been completed, the player accepting the challenge must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [number of men killed by victorious player] men killed to [number of men killed by defeated player]".

Example: "ColOfNature has defeated WombatDeath in game 123456 by 4 men killed to 2".

In the event of a draw, the format is "[Challenging player] and [challenged player] have drawn in game [game ID], killing [number of men killed per player] men each."

Example: "ColOfNature and WombatDeath have drawn in game 123456, killing 3 men each".

I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Sunday 02 October). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 16 October, British Summer Time.

5) We're all reasonable people, probably, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or dead, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will use my discretion and award points to one, both or neither player, depending on the circumstances.

7) This rule used to state the criteria for promotion and relegation between divisions. I've since decided that a formal rule doesn't really make sense given that the participants change wildly each season, but results this season will be reflected in the rankings for next season (with new players added to the bottom of the league).

8) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, whimsy and iron-fisted authoritarianism.

Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.

Good luck!
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 02-10-2011 at 06:38 PM.

How to create a game with the correct settings

This may be useful to those newer to Frozen Synapse:

1) Log in to server UK1.
    2) Click the 'Multiplayer' button at the top of the screen
    3) Click 'Create a game'
    4) Set the game mode to Dark Extermination
    5) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
    6) Ignore the scary warning and click 'OK'
    7) Click the 'Generate symmetrical' button
    8) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side, go back to (7) and repeat until you're happy
    9) Click the 'Submit' button
    10) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
    11) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
    12) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 (and the 'Turn length' to 5000, which is the default)
    13) Enter your opponent's username
    14) Enter 'RPS Dark Extermination League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
    15) Click the 'Submit' button
    16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in point 2 of the post directly above this one.

Network Hub
    So, this is really bad timing but my computer basically just packed in today. I don't really have anything else capable of playing FS, however I have ordered new parts and will hopefully have a brand spanking new machine up and running before the end of the season. So yeah, sorry about that guys :/

Ugh, sorry to hear about your computer. We'll hope to have you back in season 4!

Obscure Node
    Okay, looks like I'll be starting off the challenges:

Solaris999 has challenged Windward in game 303758
    Solaris999 has challenged Labbes in game 303785

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    <s>ColOfNature</s><s> has challenged Web_cole in game 304028.</s>

Edit: Didn't notice the post about the knackered PC. No rush there, chief.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 03-10-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sarigs has challenged Gruzcik in game 304435

Gruzcik has defeated Sarigs in game 304435 by 4 men killed to 2.

Labbes has challenged Aluschaaf in game 304607.

Gruzcik has challenged MaceWindow in game 304638

Obscure Node
    Aluschaaf has challenged Desvergeh in game 304726
    Aluschaaf has challenged Heliocentric in game 304715

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: Heliocentric has defeated Aluschaaf in game 304715 by 4 men killed to 3. Well that was interesting.
    Last edited by Aluschaaf; 03-10-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Labbes has challenged Aluschaaf in game 304607.
    I'm sorry, but we only have three men each :(. Meeeh.