Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    [It only allows 10 000 characters, apparently.]

14.6.2011 7:34

New day, new cash. Spent half of it reenforcing my borders. Gonna half to spend half of what's left on sending techs to people. Oops.
    That leaves me 59 space dollars to spend on economy, barring something strange happening. I'm going to go ahead and send rakysh speed now, so that he'll hopefully send me scanning as soon as he wakes up.

Talked to Oak. Apparently wolfenswan and he are planning on invading Bakke's empire. Not sure who to support in this matter.

I should soon have a fleet of 40+ ships on Dschubba, hopefully with scans of Suhail. I'm considering launching an invasion and trying to capture Phad. It'd certainly put me ahead in both industry and science.

Eventually I need to do something about DaN.

14.6.2011 19:04

Bah. Things are getting quite muddled. Rakysh wants me to attack The Traveler, but he's gotten his weapons up to 3, tied with me, so he'll actually be able to do damage to me.

Oak has the next level of weapons but won't get them to me until another four hours.

DaN is expanding and growing in strenght behind me.

I am thinking of taking Porrima and Algol, since wolfenswan still hasn't made a move on them, and I don't want them to fall into DaN's hands.

But on the other hand, that'll completely encircle DaN.

Shiit.

15.6.2011 2:47

I'm sending a fleet of 49 ships to a

ttack Suhal. He's got a fleet of 8 approaching, as well as 16 in the local garrison, but it's possible that the ship on its way to Suhal is a pre-programmed troop-gathering trip.

15.6.2011 11:06

Captured Suhail. Things are hairu down here.

I need to stay calm and get things done. I need to sleep.

I bought another point of science, for a total of 3. Not sure if that was a good idea.

Bought one point of industry on Scheat. I think I'm saving the rest for economy.

Shit. I think I might be the larger force invading the Traveler, which means most of his shis will be focused on me.

Still, there's a lot of potential for expansion here, I could come out quite ahead.

15.6.2011 12:05

The Traveler has a lot of ships, I don't be the one to take the casualties for them. I have 45 ships already in the combat zone, and will have at least 30 more in around two days.

I need to keep my ships alive so I can capture lots of stars once the traveler finally is crushed.

I've got a fleet of 47 headed towards my fleet of 45 in Suhail, which is a tad awkward. The star itself isn't that valuable (only 1 industry right now) but it's the main route of attack to the constellation north of it.

It's a battle I'd win but with only a few ships surviving, either 18 or 9.

I might be able to avoid it depending on what he does with his ships on Phad.

15.6.2011 12:47

Ships are staying at Phad for now. I'm going to try something interesting and send 13 ships to Alkurah, and keep the rest at Suhail until the last second. Not only should this hopefully delay him further (and keep him from going for _my_ territory), it will help me have a larger share of The Traveler's stars.

Furthermore, it should prevent him from removing his fleet from Phad.

15.6.2011 16:49

Things are going ok in the south. Wolf wants me to warn him when DaN is going for Alglol but I won't.

Apparently Bakke has been ganged up on by Oak, Wolf, and Rond.

Interesting. I almost feel guilty.

15.6.2011 18:37

Hohum. Things are going ok.
    Wolf apparently got DaN to back off from taking Algol. Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm doing a little dance in The Traveler's territory, ducking his major fleets. I need to get reinforcements but it's going to take a while. 22 hours and there'll be a minor fleet on Albiero.

Looks like he's going to do his best to keep Phad. I can live with that, I'll just have to take every star around it.

16.6.2011 6:12

Suhail was taken from me, but I'm just about to capture Regulus. I've upgraded my economy with the remaining money, including 1 point on Alkurah - hopefully I can keep it until next production round so I actually make money off of it.

I'm getting paid in 1 hour 10 minutes, capturing regulus in 30.

Things are starting to look troublesome up north. DaN has taken Algol, and wolfenswan is about to take Porrima.

I need to get them to fight each other so DaN doesn't fight me.

I need to finish off The Traveler, fast.

The graph screen shows that EndelNurk and Rond have fought. Interesting.

16.6.2011 7:49

Payday. I've invested roughly have of the income in industry, bumping it up to a total of 31.

Not sure how I'm doing in the grand scheme of things. There are a lot of very powerful people now.

16.6.2011 15:59

I'm sending a fleet from Regulus to Muscida, taking three economy points away from The Traveler and gaining myself a point of industry. Hopefully he won't react in time. It helps that my ships are so much faster than his, and that he doesn't seem to be a very active player.

I'll very shortly have 48 ships on Albireo, not sure what I'll do with them though. It's not quite enough to take Suhail Safely, and besides, I should be shooting for taking Phad.

If I'm really good, and really lucky, I might be able to pull off a double attack, sending the flett from Muscida in at the same time, Making an attack on Phad that much more powerful.

I'll have another ships in position to attack in 20 hours. Not sure if I should wait that long.

17.6.2011 1:52

Hohum. I'm sending the ship from Muscida to Kaffaljidhma, which, if I'm succesful, will get me 4 industry.

Furthermore, I'll soon (11 hours) have a fleet of 90 ships on Albireo, which I'll send directly to capture Phad.

If nothing goes horribly wrong, I should have enough local industry to safely destroy the Traveler, while starting to build up fleets to deal with DaN. I'll also add some more science points next round.

Mechimp contacted me, and wants to trade speed for weapons.
    Perfect. He has 4 science, and he'll have the next level in less than a day.
    Might lead to weirdness with Oak though.

17.6.2011 5:11

Fuuuuck. My ships taking Kaffaljidhma are going to be destroyed by Rakysh's ships. This is annoying.

I won't lose that many ships, but still. I also would have preferred to keep that star.

Aaaaaarghajksdfasdf.

17.6.2011 23:30

Taking Phad in two hours. Should have enough ships left over to hold it, especially as it seems the traveler is relatively absent from play.

I am thinking of demanding Kaffaljidhma back, although he's already invested too heavily in it. I might just build up on phad and eventually take it myself.

DaN's borders on me are relatively unbuilt, and he's very much behind me in everything, except for science. After I finish taking stars from The Traveler, I'll work on moving my ships to attack him, or deal with threats from the northeast.

I traded techs with Oak. Not sure how Mechim will take it.

18.6.2011 7:16

Phad's mine, as well as a few minor stars. I am a leader in economy, and I think I might have everyone else beat in terms of industry.

I'm just about to get paid, and I'm going to add a point of science and a bunch of industy.

Rond, The Traveler, and Bakke are getting murdered. I'm thinking of sending The Traveler and Rond weapons upgrades so they do more damage on their way out.

Oak has worrying amounts of industry. I am going to try to go ahead and trade with Mechimp instead.

Oh excellent. Rakysh and Mechimp are at war. I could use this and attack Rakysh from the other side, but I also need to get to work on DaN. Hrm.

20.6.2011 13:01

Haven't updated the diary in a while.

I have a lot of industry, and Khryses is attacking/taking over Endelnurk.

Something needs to be done about him. I am going to try to drum up sort for a coalition against him.

DaN is still a pain. I can't really advance against Khryses without exposing myself to him.

Oh and Rakysh is being entirely crushed.

This game is getting violent/turbulent. I hope I can come out on top.#

21.6.2011 9:10

Things are really heating up. Looks like Khryses is going to completely destroy Endelnurk, but I'm putting together a coalition against him.

I think I've managed to convince both Oak and Michemp to join me, so it'll be a three-pronged attack against him. Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of stars and put myself in a good position for the rest of the game.

Not sure about Legatus.

22.6.2011 9:14

I'm beginning to attack DaN, after realizing that I'm too far behind in star count and too badly positioned to do anything without his stars.

I believe I've gotten a triple alliance against Khryses, which is nice.

Side note: holy crap everyone died at once. We're down to seven active players, of the original twelve, and DaN will shortly be terminated.

I have a large fleet (200+) headed for his home star, and will fly out subfleets to other nearby stars after it is captured, siezing his industrial core in one fell swoop. I also have smaller fleets approaching him from each flank.

23.6.2011 1:07

Oh dear. Making decisions on no sleep for three days was a terrible terrible idea. I forgot to play politics and now Khryses and Mechim are both attacking me.

In retrospect I fear my positioning might have screwed me from the start. There was no way I was going to be able to make a major move without DaN saying something about it, so I could never expand in the same way Khryses did.

Bah.

Thoughts on the game:

I think 12 players is too much. It's hard to keep track of everyone, but more importantly, it screws a lot of people over in the map generation. DaN and I were basically screwed by each other, since he couldn't expand in any other direction than into me.

The politics also become a lot more separated, since there are so many people to deal with. I think something along the lines of the original 7/8 might be better, since it forces people to deal with each other much more.

That being said, 12 is nice in that it feels much bigger, and there are some truly dramatic moves. It's a shame you can't be more specific about the map without going for like the spiral galaxy.

Obscure Node
    Great diary - sorry I'm so late in getting mine out, things are a little hectic at present.

Spatial geography was... interesting for me. On the one hand I had Legatus behind my back - just like you and DaN - but bar a few minor spats we managed to keep things on an even keel there.

On the other hand, I made out like a bandit in the initial expansion phase, largely due to space walls.

Thank you for writing that.

I'm not quite so down on 12 players. It sacrifices a bit of intimacy, I guess, for the feeling of being part of a huge conflict weeks in the making, but I'm okay with that trade-off and the extra demands it puts on you to keep tabs on God knows how many plots, personalities, and events. It's not something I want to do again anytime soon, but it made for a neat memory.

I imagine a smaller, more cramped game feels a bit like a Mexican standoff.

Activated Node
    That was great liq, and agree with you about the starting position thing. But there are bigger maps than that random one we were on. There are much bigger pre-set stars maps that give much more room that would perhaps be better. And even further encourages diplomacy because everyone has exactly the same thing.

Also reading these diaries makes me want another game soooo much.
    Bam. Tit job.

Network Hub
    does anyone fancy another game of this?

I'm in, personally.

I'm still up for it, years later.

Obscure Node
    I'd also be in for a new game if we got one going

Network Hub
    well thats 4 of us, we could just start up a game and post it here if peeps want in, then leave it open for randoms to join

I've got some leftover credits. If you'd like to make it a premium game (with custom settings and a password) I'll start one up for you.

I'll be in hopefully remember what is going on.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Activated Node
    I'm up for this one.

Network Hub
    okay so thats a fair few of us, ive got some credits, but do we want to leave it open to fill the game what are your thoughts guys ?

I'd say post the password here.

Network Hub
    http://np.ironhelmet.com/detail?game=28500029

password is chainsawed

:)

all rules are default

I am War Avocate Imirk