Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Brothers:A Tale Of Two Sons ?

Looking for something similar to this game,as --> "Story driven adventure" or even "Action story driven adventure",because it was long ago since i enjoyed playing game as i enjoyed Brothers :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's tough one, at least on PC. "Brothers..." is rather unique game.

Maybe Zeno Clash? It's story driven, it have adventure, sidekick (although you can't play as her) and you're moving around the beautiful yet dangerous world a lot.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West?

Console games:
    There's The Journey, obviously.
    Didn't played it, but Nier seems to be a good candidate.

Agree,its tough one but it doesn't need to be exactly like Brothers. What i'm looking for is story driven adventure game in first person or third,with good story and decent gameplay (Castlevania,Enslaved..).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm...

Severance: Blade of Darkness
    Rune
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    MARLOW BRIGGS - budget God of War clone.
    Psychonauts
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - well, it's straightforward shooter, but plot makes it crazy wild west adventure and it have probably the best dual-wielding gunplay since Max Payne.
    Mirror's Edge
    Beyond Good & Evil
    American McGee's Alice & Alice: Madness Returns

Well, and Dark Souls 1 & 2.
    Last edited by GameCat; 02-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Looking for something similar to this game,as --> "Story driven adventure" or even "Action story driven adventure",because it was long ago since i enjoyed playing game as i enjoyed Brothers :D

I dunno.

LEGO Avengers? (:

"PC games with couch co-op, shared screen, has been released and support exactly 2 players"
    http://co-optim.us/1pwQcde

Network Hub
    http://store.steampowered.com/recomm...ke/app/225080/ brings up The Longest Journey, which is actually a good idea. Papo & Yo appears to fit the bill nicely, too.

Keep an eye on Vane. Also what everyone said. Give a try to Primordia if point n click isn't traumatic to you

maybe giants citizen kabuto to kill the time but it's not what you are looking for
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Keep an eye on Vane.

Nice.

Speaking of upcoming games - A Hat in Time looks realy, realy lovely.
    http://hatintime.com/

World needs more 3D platformers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Speaking of upcoming games - A Hat in Time looks realy, realy lovely.
    http://hatintime.com/
    This post has cost me $20.

I had to buy it to help development. I hope they add a male character, so I can play this one with my cousin (he don't like to play with a girl)

Brb punching walls

I wish Radio The Universe was out but I have no idea of what's going on.
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Keep an eye on Vane.
    Oh, that thing. I thought you mean Rime, and was wondering why you were recommending him PS4 exclusives. I agree Vane does look good, mind, just not as pretty as Rime IMO.

That reminds me The Witness is still in the works.
    Oquonie looks artsy and everything too but it's ios stuff.

I also heard there was a dark souls/dark siders inspired multiplatform game under development

It's lords of the fallen, looking like a cold pizza thing
    Last edited by Wenz; 02-08-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    post in progress

the quest for glory series
    heroines quest

illlusion of gaia?

I just want emotional experience,the things you are listing are totally off ?

I liked Brothers a lot for the sort of rather calming experience. there was no tedious repetative fighting but it still involved me emotionally. Also some light puzzling.

So my reccomendations are:

Stacking (more jokes than Brothers emotionality)
    The Swapper (good writing, trippy hard puzzels)
    Rochard (worse than the swapper at everything, more physicsy)
    Trine 1&2 (beautiful fantasy world, puzzles)
    Limbo (which you will have played)
    And yet it moves (mostly the weird mechanic, lovely but minimalist art style)
    Secret of Raetikon (atmosphere!)
    The Cave (control many characters, puzzle. I don't particularly like this, though. But I guess many Double Fines fit)
    FEZ (just fucking play it.)
    Jazzpunk and Thirty Flights of Loving. (Things to experience!)
    Unmechanical (A strange world to explore. Lovely.)
    Papo & Yo (puzzling, emotions, fucking gorgeous, the works...)

Now to escalate the theme a bit:

Kentucky Route Zero or
    Proteus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    For Emotional stories that got me little matches Bioshock 2 yes, I spent hours murdering insane faceless freaks, but they were trying to hurt children... Mostly, so you can still parse yourself as a hero, but honestly, you are heading towards your original little sister, and you are bound at the soul. It's a selfish story, but its told sympathetically even when when it argues that you are not right for what you striving for.

Again, this might feel a little bit too conventional, but Dishonoured, knowing you can stay your hand despite everything else makes each life you take a stain on your conscience, I know revenge is a common "emotion" in video games, but I've not often seen it so well done. Some of the less than lethal "eliminations" honestly make just killing the targets seem merciful.

Bloodbowl, I know right, a turn based strategy game based of American Football merged with Tolkienesque fantasy. It doesnt exactly sound like a recipe for emotions, but it honestly is, when your star get hobbled and you need to decide whether to put him out to pasture or have him live out the end of his career substandard, or you get revenge on that witch elf that made the whole match difficult by way of a 8 player foul right at the end of a match, it can get pretty emotional.

Darwinia, sure, the soundtrack and the world building helps... but, fuck those ants just ate my guys souls denying their afterlife. Stop that!

Staying on a sentient awakening AI games Thomas was Alone is short but beautifully told, you might not feel like you've achieved any great victory at the end, but you feel like a kind of historian looking into the pivotal moment of a fictional history.

What's that, another emotionally harrowing strategy game?Civilisation 4: Colonisation, 1)Wipe out the natives 2)[???] 3)Profit!

At no point does Starseed Pilgrim tell you what you should feel, but feel you will. Almost like a Dark Souls like lack of hand holding, but instead of "how you achieve your goals" its the question "what are my goals" that goes unanswered.

Not your usual candidates for "emotional" games, but they all touched me.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 04-08-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I haven't played Brothers because they won't support my gamepad, but I'd like to.
    I can't think of that many emotional PC games, tbh. I like story driven games, but most of them don't have particularly touching stories tbh.
    I'm sure there have been 1 or 2, but I can't remember what they were, and I feel like consoles tend to have more of that kind of thing.

THOMAS WAS ALONE is probably the closest that I can think of. TBH I got kinda bored of the game by about half way through, but I continued for the story and characters.

The only other game I can think of right now that had any real emotional involvement (other than the "I don't want to lose my units one") was THE WALKING DEAD.
    There were some impossible choices and I've heard a lot of it was smoke and mirrors, but I often agonised about the choices and then felt responsibility for the outcomes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not really the same I guess, but Prince of Persia - Sands of Time was involving due to the setting, characters and framing.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    The Swapper (good writing, trippy hard puzzels)

FEZ (just fucking play it.)

Kentucky Route Zero
    Damn I'm really forgetful about games

even about braid, transistor and other wips like rainworld and hyperlight drifter
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ico?
    Braid (not really what you're asking for, but I felt it had elements)