Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Activated Node

Battlefield 3 Open Beta: Wizard Gun

Early access to the BF3 beta begins in about 12 hours according to TRUE RUMORS. Who is in it? Meet up so we can shoot men together!

My origin name is Jergason. I hope to be on it in around 20 hours or so.

Banned
    i used to play BF2 on this computer, but I'm thinking its too slow for BF3

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    i used to play BF2 on this computer, but I'm thinking its too slow for BF3
    If you've been steadily upgrading it, it shouldn't be too hard. Minimum specs aren't that high; a 3 year old PC ought to run it. A 6 year old PC wouldn't, of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I'm not in it and I don't intend to since rumors also mentioned that it's going to have only one map and it's Operation Metro that was in alpha( I wasn't in alpha, but I saw plenty of yt vids of it), locked in Rush mode. Not that I don't want to play it, but I feel that it's just doesn't worth all the trouble to get in beta to play an infantry-map ina a Rush mode on lowest settings( settings are locked, right?). BF for me is 64players+bigassmap+tanks+jets+coolgraphics+conque st. I can wait for a full product.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 27-09-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Activated Node
    The settings are not locked in the beta.

Activated Node
    I'm in it and probably playing later today if things go smoothly at work (and if of course the beta client download isn't effed up). I was watching some user generated content of the Operation Metro map and it really looked disappointingly CoDish; confined spaces, corner camping and also ridiculously hard to attack on rush. Nevertheless, I'll check this thread later and maybe team up with some of you guys if at all possible.

Banned
    Infantry maps are the best, the worst thing about BF2 was maps dominated by airpower..
    Actually all of them were except the infantry only maps.

It's not exactly 'open' beta though, as it looks like you need to be invited into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarplasma View Post
    It's not exactly 'open' beta though, as it looks like you need to be invited into it.
    If you have pre-ordered through Origin you get early access...though I believe it is opening up in a week or so to Joe Public?
    open-faced club sand wedge

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhizo View Post
    I was watching some user generated content of the Operation Metro map and it really looked disappointingly CoDish; confined spaces, corner camping and also ridiculously hard to attack on rush.
    Apparently DICE have changed the map slightly since the alpha to make it easier for the attacking team.

Anyone know when the download is supposed to go live? Seems crazy they wouldn't allow a steam-like preload, their servers are going to melt :(

I believe the beta is opening up for everyone towards the end of the week, origin pre-orders should be getting the emails later today.

It's 48-hour early access, so it'll open for Proletarian Pete up in about 51 hours from now.

From what I've heard, it's just the early access wot requires an invite.

The early access is a result of an Orgin preorder as far as I understand. So I should be able to play at some point today. Suppose I am waiting for an email then.

Network Hub
    I'm in the beta. Haven't gotten into a game yet though. As you can imagine most servers are full and they have this really stupid queue system to join a game. So you'll sit there in a queue of 40 people. Wouldnt be so bad if it meant you actually got in eventually right? Ha! Here's my experience;

Joined a queue of 60ish people. Was fine for a while, slowly dropped down the list. Realised when I was 7th in the queue that it suddenly put my back to fifteen... and again when I finally was first it pushed me back to second. How does that work? What is the point of a queue system? We may as well all get random numbers assigned to us.

The real kicker though was when I sat in first for 10 minutes or so, I eventually got the message "Reservation timed out."... Ha. Hahahahahahaha seriously? I only want to jump in a game so I can change my graphics/audio settings! Jesus...

Edit: Oh also, the new Nvidia driver. Make sure you have it! The game refuses to launch unless you have it :/
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 27-09-2011 at 03:45 PM.

ATI also has a preview driver that is supposed to improve performance:
    http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDC...iewdriver.aspx

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Still see usual number of players on Bad Company 2 tonight, played a few rounds, but may not be there any more after 28 Sept. So long Bad Company 2, fun while it lasts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    I believe the beta is opening up for everyone towards the end of the week, origin pre-orders should be getting the emails later today.
    This is exciting and unexpected news!

Activated Node
    Right now it is the same infantary-only map from the Alpha, but there are several mysterious locked servers running the conquest map with jets and such. I hope they open that up later on in the beta.

These are are first impressions from the beta: