Network Hub

Need some help choosing Battlefield 3 servers

After picking BF3 up in that EA bundle a while back, and also buying premium at a cheap price, I've started playing BF3 and am loving it.

Two things though, 1. there seems to be a shed load of servers that have 1000+ tickets, making for an extremely long game if you want to get the awards at the end. Is there a list of standard servers with decent settings, as there isn't a filter for amount of tickets.

and 2. I have a friend who doesn't have premium, I've tried filtering servers with all expansions off, but it still puts me in servers with premium maps, and then again we have the ticket problem.

Is there anyone well versed with BF3 that can take the edge off my frustrations? No happy ending required.
    GW2: Emmett Lazlow; The Killing Gnut; Bob Danby

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFizz View Post
    there seems to be a shed load of servers that have 1000+ tickets, making for an extremely long game if you want to get the awards at the end. Is there a list of standard servers with decent settings, as there isn't a filter for amount of tickets.
    From my experience, a game on a 1000+ tickets conquest or rush round generally doesn't last longer than 45 mins but 20 mins duration would be a minimum.

But usually you can screen by this criteria of ticket count since it's almost guaranteed that servers with >1000 ticket count would have this policy explicitly stated on the description of the server as a major selling point.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    This was a common complaint back when, and BF4 introduced several new filters that aimed to alleviate these problems, like a ticket count filter. BF3 lacks those features though.

The filter by expansion feature might only look at current maps, not the whole rotation. Some servers state "vanilla maps" and similar in their description though, so try throwing in some keywords like that and you're likely to find a server or two that stick to the standard rotation.

For the tickets, if they are 1000+ it often says in the description, but not always of course. If you look to the right of the server list you can see the current ticket state of the selected server so you don't jump in and get a nasty surprise.

Network Hub
    1. Under "advanced settings" there's a "Team Ticket Count %" filter, which let's you set boundaries on the ticket count.
    2. If you've disabled all "Game" expansion filters, it shouldn't list you servers which run any of the add-ons, and thus none with maps from those, since it's a server-wide setting.

Bonus hint: If you enable any of the advanced filters on the left side of that dialog box that comes up, make sure you disable all of the "presets", or it won't find any servers. Like, if you want "normal" servers with default settings but also friendly-fire, don't activate the "normal" preset, or you won't find any. Ever. It's stupid, but they don't see it as a problem - I actually reported it back then.
    Last edited by DanMan; 10-08-2014 at 06:54 PM.