Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I feel misrepresented, 2 & 3 were genuinely well made games within the odd fixed camera neoludology many clones took on from resi 1.

Resi 4 QTE'd me out and I gave up (on wii with a twinstick pad), but resi 5 on pc felt great but I benched it waiting to coop it with my wife.
    Apologies! Although I was meaning more that (to me at least) they were good because we didn't know any better, not they were always crap and we should have stopped praising them at all by now. I can think of worse things to go back to than fixed camera angles and tank controls - it's just that they're a relic, to me. It's an old, old argument, obviously, but... third-person circle-strafing is just - again, like I said before, having played Resi with "proper" controls, I would never choose to go back. If someone needs to have lead weights strapped to their feet and static POV to feel scared, I put it to them the game was never particularly scary or tense or anything else emotionally draining in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned we - me included - only put up with this stuff because there were ZOMBIES, WHOOO, and the production values were that much higher than anything else we were accustomed to. People idolise the games now in large part because nostalgia's a hell of a drug, not because there's anything intrinsically great about slowly spinning round and round on the spot while desperately trying to work out if you're actually pointing at that zombie that wants to chew your face off.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Network Hub
    Does it still come with tank controls? I can't stand them anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMan View Post
    Does it still come with tank controls? I can't stand them anymore.
    Will the new one have them? No idea. Every other Resi game (including the one this is based on) bar 6 and Revelations had them, though, AFAIK. I'm assuming this remake will be the same as the... original remake? They didn't retro-fit the new controls into the PC update for #4.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    People idolise the games now in large part because nostalgia's a hell of a drug, not because there's anything intrinsically great about slowly spinning round and round on the spot while desperately trying to work out if you're actually pointing at that zombie that wants to chew your face off.
    I'm replaying Resident Evil 3 form time to time. It's still a great game. I'm not even nostalgic about it, because it's at least one playthrough per year.
    I would love to see another AAA game with tank controls and fixed camera angles.