Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh if you like rhytm games and animes, though it has some other songs from linkin park, nightwish etc. you could try osu! http://osu.ppy.sh/ , it's free-to-play and only if you want to donate you can give them money. Otherwise all the content is made by other users.
    On normal difficulties it's rather relaxing and it's good to chill.
    EDIT: Newest song is one from shovel knight haha
    Last edited by UnderwaterCacty; 08-08-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Network Hub
    It's all about Euro Truck Sim 2.

Ah, breaker one-nine, this heres the rubber duck. you gotta copy on me, pig pen, cmon?
    ah, yeah, 10-4, pig pen, fer shure, fer shure. by golly, its clean clear to flag town, cmon.
    yeah, that Big 10-4 there, pig pen, yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy. mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy...

Activated Node
    It is quite easy to kick back with point-and-click adventures. Botanicula, Machinarium and other games made by that dev are good for atmosphere and general loveliness.

Best Regards,
    RG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardGamingo View Post
    It is quite easy to kick back with point-and-click adventures. Botanicula, Machinarium and other games made by that dev are good for atmosphere and general loveliness.

Best Regards,
    RG
    As long as I have an FAQ to hand or it's just frustration waiting to happen.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    As long as I have an FAQ to hand or it's just frustration waiting to happen.
    Machinarium has a hint system. It does require you to play a boring minigame though, to discourage you from using it too often. I seem to remember Botanicula having something similar, but I'm not sure.

How's, huh, The Mountain?
    post in progress

Network Hub
    A golf game perhaps? I spent months chilling to PGA on the sega megadrive back in the day, and i'm sure you have some decent ones that are a bit more modern?

There'll be no golf here. None.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 11-08-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Orbital on the GBA was the most relaxing game I ever played... and also at times incredibly difficult and frustrating. Awesome game overall though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTktCOAxxQg
    I used to play it on the GBA (with headphones!) while standing on a crowded tokyo train at rush hour.. and it was rather relaxing (except when I died).

I've seen a couple of games on steam that seem to be inspired by it, but they mainly seem to have direct control, the cool thing about orbital was you controlled the whole game with just 2 buttons - increase gravity and decrease gravity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Machinarium has a hint system. It does require you to play a boring minigame though, to discourage you from using it too often.
    The boxed version also comes with an incredibly dense and tiny sketch walkthrough booklet (it's a bit smaller than my hand) that on occasion grants a clue, but mostly indecipherable gibberish. The writing on the left is in an alien language that likely says ‘Ahahahahaha! Ahahaha! Ha! Ahahahaha! Mwhahahaha! You need a walkthrough for the walkthrough!’ and so forth.

Last edited by Drake Sigar; 12-08-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Omigosh, that is adorable. The picture on the right hand side there is what the in-game hint system gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    I like Hearthstone and games like Dredmor/FTL to wind down with as well. They're slower, more methodical... and require thought versus action-y gameplay.
    For me, loading Dredmor before bed is asking to miss hours of sleep. FTL, on the other hand, seems easier to drop at will. I tend to think it's because your doom is more certain than in Dredmor. In DoD, I tend to care a lot more about winning. Not sure why.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I always lose both in DoD and FTL, so there's that. I've given up trying to win either of them.