Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Command & Conquer: Renegade -X. Recreation of the game on Unreal 3 as FPS/RTS.

http://www.renegade-x.com/

Why no one has tell me about this before? Looks amazing!.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    I really, really hate Nick Parker.

Renegade was an interesting game, but that protagonist was everything that's wrong with the "bald space marine" trope only more so. The testosterone-fuelled machismo evidenced by lines like "Conflict of interest? No, I've got an interest in conflict." was just cringeworthy.

So, when this video says, "Havoc is back," I immediately take that as a big negative. Which is a shame, because other than that it looks pretty cool.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    If they can recreate the multiplayer with those graphics i think you have a deal :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    My USD30 on UT3 collector edition is definitely worth spent!!

Well, I thought there was a more recent thread about Renegade X, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, in case any of you guys have missed the feature by Alec a few weeks ago, the game is nearing its release (26th February). There is this trailer and this livestream to give you a good idea of how far the game has evolved and how awesome it all looks.

I write this in the hope to get a RPS-crew together to play once the game is out. I, personally, am hyped for the game, I loved the original! I will try to keep this post up to date with anything interesting I can find over at the RenX forums.
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 21-01-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Network Hub
    I see mention of a map editor in the forums after the multiplayer beta.

edit:
    Holy crap, they made a 2hour + playtest video.
    Last edited by hideinlight; 20-01-2014 at 05:43 PM.

And another video, officially announcing the advent of the (puplic beta I might have to add) release:

And a PCGamer article about it (will I get banned for linking to PCGamer?):
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/21/re...utm_medium=emp
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 21-01-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Mammoth tank isn't actually that large to be frank. That scale is just like an Abrams in real life.

Would EA claims it and expand it to relive the Renegade? I mean, without corporate support, the game not gonna live long.

Bring it on, GDI, brings all the evil warlords to justice, for Love and Peace!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Would EA claims it and expand it to relive the Renegade? I mean, without corporate support, the game not gonna live long.
    I think the game will do just fine without EA running it into the ground. The devs said EA wasn't intereseted in getting involved and that they wouldn't care what what happened as long as noone makes a buck with the franchise. Hence the game comes completely free, without any hooks.