Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    The basic data file is now updated for additional people, feel free to use it to ad people waffly.
    Steam: Dominicus

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfChutney View Post
    Its on the cover page, and Jim might be in attendance.

Therefore there is the potential for 200 randoms to turn up. Do we have the split comms ability / command structure to handle this?
    Article is now linked on the steam launcher

I'll be joining you for this one.

Fezik RTRS
    Frith RPS

I will probably be joining you as Creggurree.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Don't forget, tomorrow 14/8 at 19:00 BST there will be a meeting for all who want to vollunteer and help out.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I probably can't make that meeting, but let me know if you want help implementing some kind of comms structure in mumble. Obviously a straight copy of either of the Giraffe ones is easy, but something else can be developed to spec (probably).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    The meeting was yesterday so... If there's some sort of pre-briefing I should know then come talk to me when I'm on Mumble tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I probably can't make that meeting, but let me know if you want help implementing some kind of comms structure in mumble. Obviously a straight copy of either of the Giraffe ones is easy, but something else can be developed to spec (probably).
    Comms are set up and ready to go.

If giraffes would like to squad lead (or rather be backup squad leads depending on how many people we get), come grab us (preferably Roranor or Dom or Waffly as I think they're the only ones that understand it so far).

Will be there but not sure if I'll be able to make the start of the event. Fingers crossed.

Curses, these things are poorly forewarned. Missed yet another one, and I used to lead the damned platoon. Is there any way for someone who doesn't regularly check RPS to know these dark secrets a little earlier? >:<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    RTRS Steam Group has notifications frequently on such events
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Blast, that explains everything. Bloody traitors. I can handle Vanu, prefer my red and black, but banjo-wielding shotgun-munchers? Buggerit.

Obscure Node
    I missed it.

I'm the würst.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Thanks to all involved in running that, I had a blast. Bravo Squad Platoon 1 represent! Or something.

Also harrasser race and galaxy fight club was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Thanks to all involved in running that, I had a blast. Bravo Squad Platoon 1 represent! Or something.

Also harrasser race and galaxy fight club was hilarious.
    Kept trying to find you guys, but only managed it near the end. Thought you might like a giraffe to hunt.

Gutted I missed this. How did it go?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    Kept trying to find you guys, but only managed it near the end. Thought you might like a giraffe to hunt.
    The few Giraffe Galaxies and Scythes that crashed the Galaxy Fight Club were the cause of much commotion and many laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Gutted I missed this. How did it go?
    Smashingly, I'd say. I saw 67 Traitors online at one point. Not sure how leadership thought it went. Coordinating multiple platoons can be a pain if you're not prepared for it, and splitting into two platoons during play can be tricky. I found a slot in a squad with a few vets and dear friends and had a jolly good time (bravo squad, best squad!).
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Yeah I really enjoyed being apart of Bravo squad, best squad. Vidi did a great job! I had a lot of fun.

I'd maybe say if I were a newbie I wouldn't have seen the reason we kept moving around - while I get the point of redeployside I don't think someone playing for the first time would have understood what we were doing and why.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah as a veteran the 'we just arrived we're redeploying to warp gate' became a source of amusement on the third occasion but for a newbie it might have seemed a bit random.

It is tough leading something like a CtA or CtH though - you want good fights but things turn into farm or camp fests really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Yeah as a veteran the 'we just arrived we're redeploying to warp gate' became a source of amusement on the third occasion but for a newbie it might have seemed a bit random.

It is tough leading something like a CtA or CtH though - you want good fights but things turn into farm or camp fests really quickly.
    Apologies for anyone who found redeploy a bit tedious. Finding good fights with our numbers was a challenge, requiring a lot of relocation and travel, but was absolutely needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.