Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

Video: The Many Deaths Of DavidGan1x

So this is just a little something I knocked up in a couple of hours using ancient footage. It's a little rough and ready, but I can never find the time to finish it, so decided to release it in it's current form. Hope you enjoy it.

At the moment it's unlisted, just because of the reference to playing with RPS and the fact it's all me dying. I think it's pretty harmless, but what with the recent fears about being seen as a zergfit and all it's no bother to cut it out.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    You should post this on Reddit and get some sweet karma. A good counterbalance to all the killstreak videos.

I enjoyed that. I see a lot of myself in that video .

Network Hub
    You also kill boxes behind the person you're aiming at?
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    In an odd way I really enjoyed it! You have a similar habit as me with always going for sights even up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    In an odd way I really enjoyed it! You have a similar habit as me with always going for sights even up close.
    This gets me killed a lot. I habitually go ADS even at point blank. The main issue with "total ADS" is that by the time you bring your weapon into play during extreme CQC, your opponent has got a head start in the damage race. Perhaps not so noticeable with 1x or 2x scopes, but a definite issue with NV, which has a measurable delay, both in bringing the weapon up, AND in the image in the scope focussing properly.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    This gets me killed a lot. I habitually go ADS even at point blank. The main issue with "total ADS" is that by the time you bring your weapon into play during extreme CQC, your opponent has got a head start in the damage race. Perhaps not so noticeable with 1x or 2x scopes, but a definite issue with NV, which has a measurable delay, both in bringing the weapon up, AND in the image in the scope focussing properly.
    Whether that's actually wrong depends on the weapon you're using, in my opinion. An LMG with grip/compensator has about as good a chance if you ADS than if you rely on your terrible hipfire. Obviously, you have to take your chances if you have no time at all to ADS, but it's worth considering.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah many many years and hours of 'all ADS all the time' in FPS firefights mean I frequently ADS when I could just as easily shove the gun up their nose I'm that close.

Fun video

Network Hub
    I have the opposite problem, I try to hipfire too often and with wrong weapons.

We should start a club of "ADS for life...and death". I'm also one who constantly ADS, because when i hipfire i can never guess if I'm actually aiming correctly/hitting something, because I'm used to the 90s FPS, when there was no such thing as ADSing but there was actual projectiles/projectile impacts to show you how to aim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Great video, I would be proud to be associated with it! It is wierdly relaxing.... like rehabilitation for giving a shit about k/d.

I used to be pretty good at hipfiring, but realised recently that I had become shit at close-quarters and it was because I was ADSing when I shouldn't. Since then I've got back into hipfiring, thanks to using guns like the Orion, HV45, Serpent again (I had gone off-piste experimenting with the Vandal, Flare, Polaris). When you aren't right next to people you can often hipfire them down surprisingly fast, since they will often go for ADS or miss all their shots with crappy hipfire. And when you are right next to them it's always burst of hipfire and a cheeky knife (YMMV).

Quote Originally Posted by Guvornator View Post
    You also kill boxes behind the person you're aiming at?
    Yeah that is exactly what I am trying to do. I mean what's more dangerous an NC soldier or those boxes that lurk behind them.

Though I meant the ADS addiction that everyone else is talking about and simply dying a lot in those kinds of ways. I'm trying to learn to not ADS with everything especially the assault rifles at close range.

Another ADS addict here. I've tried to get better about hipfiring in CQC but it's so hard to get over the reflex of bringing up the sights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    it's so hard to get over the reflex of bringing up the sights.
    Think I have scoped a pun!

I have the opposite. When I started playing I got the boxed edition. This comes with a free eridani. Which has insanely good hipfire and I've been using it since BR1. I only really stopped using it a few weeks ago and I keep on attempting to hipfire targets who are 10+ metres away which usually ends horribly for me.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Ah shit, I just liked it on youtube then remembered you have it unlisted. I think we all agree it's not going to do anymore damage to the outfit reputation than, say, anything on the official channel?

You should be safe to list it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Network Hub
    Thanks for all the kind words! Am very chuffed.

As a heavy, I not only reflexively ADS, I also jab reflexively at my resist shield. So my flow chart goes:

Resist Shield > ADS > Oh Shit > Dead

I was getting better at hip fire (Phobos helps), but had a while without playing and seem to have regressed.
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator

If you'll bear a suggestion from the crowd - move more. A and D are your friends and you should use them a lot. The stutter sidestep is a great thing to learn that can give you an edge in close combat.

Also JagSkills I still adore that video of yours

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    If you'll bear a suggestion from the crowd - move more. A and D are your friends and you should use them a lot. The stutter sidestep is a great thing to learn that can give you an edge in close combat.
    All gameplay tips welcomed with open arms. At the moment I'm just trying to get back to where I was before I had a break. I think I've got the PS 2 yips...
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator