Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    So everyone working for pc companies is a dota player?
    I didn't say that though did I.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seshFriend View Post
    main villain is essentially a late 70's early 80's David Bowie with a samurai sword.
    I'd play it.

I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You did...

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'd play it.
    Every game would be better with 70's David Bowie as a villain. He should have his own civ in the civilization games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd play Labyrinth: The Video Game.

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    I'd play Labyrinth: The Video Game.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyri..._Computer_Game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Now that's the game that sucks. Just look at it! Why she doesn't look like woman and why she's holding invisible basketballs under her arms?
    This could be good only as 3D platformer with vibrant colours or as Dungeon-Keeper-like strategy.

Wow... the villain actually is late 70's early 80's David Bowie.

So who did Bowie better, FFVII or Labyrinth: The Computer Game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    You did...
    I only played disc one (I was borrowing it off a friend who was on disc 2) but he traded it in when he finished it so I never finished it. Too long has passed, I couldn't go back.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Mass Effect 2.

For all the outrage that came about after the third game, and it's ending in particular, I can't even comprehend how no one seemed to see it coming. After stripping down a vast majority of RPG elements rather than tailor them to fit more fluidly into the game and swapping in shoddy GoW-lite gunplay it was pretty clear to me that the series was going nowhere fast.

The first game was densely packed and well-paced, it had all the makings of what could ultimately have ended up being an incredible franchise had it been expanded upon instead of being reworked and bludgeoned until it was left drooling and charmless.

Mass Effect wove a narrative that started on an interpersonal scale with Saren and later bloomed into a monumental space opera with the reveal of Sovereign, the reapers, the protheans and so forth, concluding in a way that was both self-contained and open enough to give credence to the inevitable sequel. Juxtaposed with the second game's limp fetch-quests under guise of narrative, use of Harbinger as a budget stand-in for Sovereign and slapped together please-buy-ME3 ending I think it was clear the series was headed up shit creek and without any notion of why it was there in the first place. People can say it's because it's the second game in the series and it needs to make narrative concessions for the sake of its issues with regard to plot positioning, but just looking at how effective the first game handled itself makes that argument feel null and void. I won't even get into the "choices" or the flimsy You're-Playing-A-Videogame character oriented sidequests. Gone was a universe that felt lived in and instead you were handed one that seemed shockingly aware it was a game.

Not sure why people held off their blustery responses until the third game but eh, it was a long time coming and it pains me to hear how people were let down after the "brilliance" of the second game.

Football Manager.

Basically every version of the game since CM01/02 has been terrible:

- Takes longer to play a season? Check
    - More 'realism' = more tedious shite
    - Hello match engine, care to ruin my imagination by showing me some incredulous terrible representation of 'football'?
    - More detailed team talks / training / tactics etc etc etc... pass me the razor blade
    - 454455325324 billion different screens, but apparently easier to navigate so "yay"
    - Any Joe Average now thinks they know who the best talents in the world are. If you know your stuff, it's Andri Sigborsson.

So finally it got to 2013 and introduced 'Classic Mode' which was like CM01/02 but still not as much fun, and you couldn't play with as many active leagues despite 'a few' improvements in processing power and available ram in the preceeding 12 years *slow clap*.

There's a reason updates for CM01/02 are still produced, and that's because FM is dogpoop.

Speaking of which, so was that pop-a-mole 'reboot' of X-Com that Firaxis produced. But that's another rant...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Blush View Post
    Mass Effect 2.

I never got 2. I've got 1. I saw it coming. :P
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.