Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

Congratulations TrooperWally!

Please applaud our newest, and possibly sneakiest, Centuro-Raffe:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/...90927953/stats

He may not be in the platoon, but he's probably watching your back...

Well played Wally
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

Network Hub
    Congrats Wally! I did notice that you were bloody close just a few nights ago.

Also, I see you succeeded in your goal of keeping a high KPH. NS7-PDW kills per minute is exactly 1 .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congrats Wally! May you sleep well, on a mountain of TR and NC skulls!!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    Well done Wally!
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Congrats (official Forumside ones)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Welcome to BR 100 and congratulations on your admittance to the Vanu Sovereignty orbital space-lounge, where you can relax in your casual spandex. Weird psychedelic drinks are free every Friday, courtesy of Papa Vanu.

NICE GOING YOU, SUPER TROOPER, YOU!!

- meanwhile, I'm on a course to reach 100 (years old) before my BR hits 30.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Thank you all so much! It's the nice things like this that make [RPS] such a fun place to be. I feel a burden has been lifted from my shoulders - freed from caring about progression and stats and rubbish. I hadn't really realised how much I'd gotten fixated on it all. I think I might play with the outfit a bit more in future, I've been mostly lone-wolfing the last few months and it would be nice to share some of what I've learnt on my journey quest. If you want to know anything about infiltrating or cheesy ways to kills sundies then just let me know. I also feel I'm reasonably well qualified to give a masterclass in use of the NS7-PDW, my unexpected favourite weapon.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I think Wally, you should host a Tuesday training. All that sounds really interesting to me .

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    Thank you all so much! It's the nice things like this that make [RPS] such a fun place to be. I feel a burden has been lifted from my shoulders - freed from caring about progression and stats and rubbish. I hadn't really realised how much I'd gotten fixated on it all. I think I might play with the outfit a bit more in future, I've been mostly lone-wolfing the last few months and it would be nice to share some of what I've learnt on my journey quest. If you want to know anything about infiltrating or cheesy ways to kills sundies then just let me know. I also feel I'm reasonably well qualified to give a masterclass in use of the NS7-PDW, my unexpected favourite weapon.
    An interesting perspective on BR100, like some sort of peyote quest or heroes journey, there's a time 'in the wastes' away from society.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatChance52 View Post
    An interesting perspective on BR100, like some sort of peyote quest or heroes journey, there's a time 'in the wastes' away from society.
    I once watched a very very weird documentary about this dude who went into the Amazon rainforest to some indigenous tribe (you know, the type of people who live in the jungle, but wear mostly modern-world clothes?). There he took part in some spirit journey type of thing where they cooked a big batch of tea, essentially, on the nice woody bits of a pretty poisonous vine. Tea that you would chug down as much as you could, and hold it in as long as you could manage. Tea that would make you puke your guts out, and if you managed to keep it down long enough, it would give you hallucinations that were said to show you something about your future. They spent all day foraging for the vines, and brewing them, and in the evening, everyone in the village (adults, that is) would line up to take their swig at the vile brew. They'd try to hold it in for a few seconds, and then would just spew their innards across the ground, basically. Then they'd go back to the end of the queue and do it again. And again, and again. And again. Then they'd go lie down in one of the huts, with one of the medicine man-types watching over them, and they'd trip out on the stuff. In the morning, they would all gather around and talk about what they dreamt, and try to interpret their visions.

So, congratulations Wally! Does this just about sum up your journey to BR 100?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Congrats

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    So, congratulations Wally! Does this just about sum up your journey to BR 100?
    Response to Eso

Not so much. Although it's interesting, my reactions on reading your piece was firstly "gosh, you get some interesting practices far away from the industrialised world", followed very shortly by "that sounds like a typical night out in any British town centre, except that we generally pay someone else to forage the vines". What I had in mind with my (incorrect) reference was actually the vision quest of some North American indigenous peoples. I think the European equivalent (?) was the grand tour and nowadays a gap year comes closest I think. The basic idea being that you leave your people behind to go and test yourself against the world and in doing so learn about yourself.

Self indulgent waffling

Somewhere around about BR70 I started to drift away from [RPS] and play more and more solo. Partly because I enjoyed playing SMG infil so much and partly because I wanted to play the game differently. [RPS] is great and I think the best way to make a difference in the game is as part of an outfit. That said, [RPS] has its established modus operandi and it's not easy to change so I went off and learnt how to solo and how to kill people very quickly with an SMG. It was a fun detour that turned into a minor obsession with stats and xp but that's all behind me now.

Offer open to all

I'm not much of a one for organised training sessions and have no idea how I'd 'teach' 20+ people to infiltrate at the same time (rule 1: don't go with 20 other infils!) so I'll probably not do an organised session. But if anyone wants advice on how to play the infil then I'd be more than happy to give what advice I can and run with you for a bit to offer feedback. I'm not a great infil but I'm ok'ish and there's often merit in having some to kick ideas about with. If you're interested just catch me on mumble sometime or PM me to arrange a time.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub

Self indulgent waffling

Somewhere around about BR70 I started to drift away from [RPS] and play more and more solo. Partly because I enjoyed playing SMG infil so much and partly because I wanted to play the game differently. [RPS] is great and I think the best way to make a difference in the game is as part of an outfit. That said, [RPS] has its established modus operandi and it's not easy to change so I went off and learnt how to solo and how to kill people very quickly with an SMG. It was a fun detour that turned into a minor obsession with stats and xp but that's all behind me now.
    I've been playing solo a lot for a while, and to be honest, it's pretty joyless. Either fly an ESF or redeploy constantly looking for decent infantry fights. Just rolling with the squad improves the game by such a wide margin. Yeah, sometimes you're ghostcapping for an alert or rolling with a zerg, but it's a fair tradeoff for having players near you with a variety of classes that you can rely on. No need to fuss about pubbie Engies/Medics not helping you out, no need to be the only bloody one focusing fire on the MAX, you can relax a bit and share the burden with the outfit.

Then, when you run into a room full of baddies, you can feel confident that you didn't just go in alone and that your squad has good odds of winning that fight. It sure beats the solo alternative of suiciding pointlessly or avoiding rooms with more than 3 enemies in them.

rule 1: don't go with 20 other infils!
    Actually this sounds quite funny and maybe even effective
    I feel I get seen quite fast when playing Infiltrator - but when I imagine 20+ ppl they might be seen even faster, but the enemy will be very confused.

Gratulations BTW
    Planetside 2: Qw33r / Qw33rT;
    Steam: Qw33r

Network Hub
    I'm not much of a one for organised training sessions and have no idea how I'd 'teach' 20+ people to infiltrate at the same time (rule 1: don't go with 20 other infils!) so I'll probably not do an organised session.
    Fair enough, but at the very least some words of wisdom followed by a 20+ person "Predator" platoon around Hossin would make for a pretty entertaining Silly Monday...

(rule 1: don't go with 20 other infils!)
    http://youtu.be/z85XV-iRM6g?t=5m49s
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congratulations on your ascension Wally!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    It'll be nice to have you back.

We should badger our SLs more to make sure they have an infil in the squad at all times. We don't do this enough, yet motion spotters and that new deployable provide absolutely vital intel.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG