Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

[TR] Rock, Dictator, Shotgun [RDIS] established. Come dress up in red.

Yesterday I established [RDIS] Rock, Dictator, Shotgun on Miller as an outfit for members of the RPS community who prefer the TR way of thinking, or are bord of spandex or just looking to see what the third faction has to offer.

The outfit will have no committees or councils. Officers will be promoted by merit as I see fit, or by simple nepotism.

As advanced warning - If/when enough members are gathered for full squads there will be tight, tactical squad infantry play where poor comms discipline will not be tolerated.

As its a new character I'll spend my first sessions maximising kills and exp gain for essential unlocks. Feel free to join me. Outfit nights could be introduced in the future depending on interest.

Whisper either Fours or Eights ingame if you want in, or navigate that shitty outfit selection tool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I recommend you announce a 'First ops night'. I'm fairly sure a bunch of the Giraffes and Traitors would welcome a chance to roll with the dark side for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Id recommend having another think about the tolerance issue.

You can always push for tight comms, but lack of tolerance goes against everything we are as a community.

Promoting/teaching useful comms discipline would be much more helpful than simply rolling with a non tolerance standpoint.

You have to be open to the fact that some people will make mistakes, but will still want to play with you, and it would be unfair to kick people out based on this.

Remember that while you are a separate outfit, you are still representing RPS on the miller server .
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, that'd be fun! My 6.5k certs, BR 1 character, EsotericTyranny, could do with a home.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    I've got a TR on Miller now that the merge happened, might be interested in playing occasionally.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Id recommend having another think about the tolerance issue.
    It's an advanced warning of a policy that will be in place down the line. I'm hoping it gives an idea of the vision for the outfit and the play I'm aiming for. There'll be a procedure in place to steer noise makers onto the right path. I'm not about to banhammer anyone using their PTT when they see a mouse.

Pre-emptively judging the way the outfit will be run comes across as pretty patronising. Shall we save the criticisms for when there's more than one member?

Quote Originally Posted by Fours View Post
    It's an advanced warning of a policy that will be in place down the line. I'm hoping it gives an idea of the vision for the outfit and the play I'm aiming for. There'll be a procedure in place to steer noise makers onto the right path. I'm not about to banhammer anyone using their PTT when they see a mouse.

Pre-emptively judging the way the outfit will be run comes across as pretty patronising. Shall we save the criticisms for when there's more than one member?
    Take it the wrong way if you really want to, but it is in no way patronising.

Im just pointing out that the RPS planetside community has a reputation, and being known for non tolerance of casual players could potentially damage that. Far from a criticism, much closer to advice.

Im not preemptively judging anything, but the way you worded it makes it seem as though you wont tolerate people who are there to simply have fun and shoot lasers with people. There is a difference between people who wont shut up about their poster of a pony and people who are just not very good at tactical observation. Seems exclusive, which isn't the point of the RPS outfits at all.

The important thing here is nothing to do with me or how I phrase my sentences anyway. The point was that you should be aware that your outfit is now co-representing RPS, and that the "be excellent to one another" rule still applies.

Don't take anything said personally, just make sure you do us proud .
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 13-08-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Surely developing a distinct identitiy from the existing outfits is a good thing?

Anyway. let the feuding between this lot and Rock, Paper, Communit begin!

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Surely developing a distinct identitiy from the existing outfits is a good thing?

Of course, but still representing us in a positive light is important to the two existing ones.

Good luck with the outfit too!
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 13-08-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I recommend you announce a 'First ops night'. I'm fairly sure a bunch of the Giraffes and Traitors would welcome a chance to roll with the dark side for a change.
    Thanks Cooper, I'll grind the essentials then set a date.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, that'd be fun! My 6.5k certs, BR 1 character, EsotericTyranny, could do with a home.
    Be great to have you on board, Eso.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaz View Post
    I've got a TR on Miller now that the merge happened, might be interested in playing occasionally.
    Look foward to it, Gmaz

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Surely developing a distinct identity from the existing outfits is a good thing?

Apologies to those guys, no idea that existed. As far as outfit identity is concerned I know the rules around here well enough.

I'll interpret them as I see fit and we'll deal with any problems (of which there will be 0) down the line. I look forward to crafting an outfit with its own distinct style within the guidelines, just like the traiters.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Com discipline in squad play isn't strange, we do it during stratgir and similar times already.
    I'm sure RDS will simply promote jumping into a seperate channel and not running with the main squad, there's ways to do it that shouldn't be a problem.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Rock paper communit was founded a year ago and has 4 members. Seeing as you seem to have overtaken that number in a few hours, I wouldn't worry too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Com discipline in squad play isn't strange, we do it during stratgir and similar times already.
    I'm sure RDS will simply promote jumping into a seperate channel and not running with the main squad, there's ways to do it that shouldn't be a problem.
    But it isn't an excluding factor for the other groups. If you aren't very good with comms discipline, you dont get told to get better or get out. I'm sure you wont in this group either, but I was just clarifying that it shouldn't.

The way I see it, you shouldn't be told to leave the main group for any reason, unless you are creating an actual problem, harassing people or trolling outright. Poor comms discipline shouldnt be a limit, given the origins as a casual group for RPS readers and friends.

I had totally forgotten about rock paper communist. Are the guys even still around?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rock Paper Communist are an altfit.

There's a thread about them somewhere on here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

I'm an offcier in Rock Paper communist still.Can poss offciery ness to others etc. Vanstrak is the leader
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Fours View Post
    Thanks Cooper, I'll grind the essentials then set a date.

Be great to have you on board, Eso.

Look foward to it, Gmaz

Apologies to those guys, no idea that existed. As far as outfit identity is concerned I know the rules around here well enough.

I'll interpret them as I see fit and we'll deal with any problems (of which there will be 0) down the line. I look forward to crafting an outfit with its own distinct style within the guidelines, just like the traiters.
    Damn. Yuo do realise thta a primery rekwirement with RPS assoceated owtfits id the abilety to spell?
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Damn. Yuo do realise thta a primery rekwirement with RPS assoceated owtfits id the abilety to spell?
    I'm afraid I don't get the joke, did I spell things well and you're surprised or did I actually make a tit of myself?

Edit: Ah, traitors. Apologies boys in blue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Very good initiative! I've always had a slight itch to try TR. I'll come hang with you folks some point in the future.
    WRT the other points - we don't and shouldn't run all outfits the same.
    Before we never catered to TR - now we cater to those wanting to play TR strategically. I do not believe you will in any way discredit this community so whatever. Enjoy.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Very good initiative! I've always had a slight itch to try TR.
    I'm pretty sure the chaingun will scratch that itch, unleashed it for the first time last night and had a maniacal grin the whole time.