Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Very good initiative! I've always had a slight itch to try TR. I'll come hang with you folks some point in the future.
    WRT the other points - we don't and shouldn't run all outfits the same.
    Before we never catered to TR - now we cater to those wanting to play TR strategically. I do not believe you will in any way discredit this community so whatever. Enjoy.
    Frankly, if you have an embarrassing itch, you should go and see a doctor.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I <3 Laldy.

Also looking forward to hunting down a new set of red traitors (in either VS spandex or NC blues, given I'm playing both right now!). Our rivalry with PCG is part of the fun for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, don't mind Paul too much. He has a tendency for vocal opinions on how people should run things. (Love you still, Paul)

But in all seriousness, I am all for empowering those who take initiative to arrange something for the community. If you get your shit together and start pushing for something to happen, then, frankly, I think it should be up to you to decide how to do it. I mean, within reasonable limits, of course. I don't think anyone would acceptan RPS outfit that condones gay "jokes", misogyny and racial slurs, to mention a few of my personal pet peeves, but aside from the general being-excellent-ness, a speficic focus on tight tactical play should be nothing to raise eyebrows at. If it's not your thing, then stay well away from it, it's as easy as that.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I agree. Speficic focuses should never raise eyebrows.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I don't think anyone would acceptan RPS outfit that condones gay "jokes", misogyny and racial slurs, to mention a few of my personal pet peeves
    So this homosexual Jewish woman walks into a bar...and there's nothing wrong with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxFqv1QDI3Q
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post
    Im not preemptively judging anything, but the way you worded it makes it seem as though you wont tolerate people who are there to simply have fun and shoot lasers with people.
    There are no lasers in the TR, only bullets. There is no freedom in the TR, only discipline. Disciplined farming most of the time, but discipline nonetheless.

We should not impose any other requirements on this outfit than to follow the rule "Be excellent to one another". Specifics are up to those actually managing the outfit. To make a comparison, Rock Planet Shotgun is managed essentially by the whole outfit via the council and outfit meetings. As I understand it Rock Dictator Shotgun is managed by a dictator, which is very appropriate for the Terran Republic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Wait did the traitors agree to be excellent? I seem to remember that being one of bankrotas' bugbears about a lack of distinct identity. I'd personally quite like to see a fascist, tedious MLG branch of rps, rtrs and the giraffes would probably stop bickering overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    o make a comparison, Rock Planet Shotgun is managed essentially by the whole outfit via the council and outfit meetings. As I understand it Rock Dictator Shotgun is managed by a dictator, which is very appropriate for the Terran Republic.
    Going by this logic RPS should be run by a religious charismatic and RTRS should be run by bosses whose playerbase would be employees forced to play the game in the name of teambuilding. :P

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    I'd personally quite like to see a fascist, tedious MLG branch of rps, rtrs and the giraffes would probably stop bickering overnight.
    You heard it here first folks, join the TR to end the bickering.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Sorry, I read that sentence back and it looked bad. When I say I'd like to see a tedious MLG group, that's not to say that I'm dubbing your outfit fascist, tedious and MLG. Just that if an outfit like that was formed, it would at least make the bickering tri-directional and more like the game.

I'm probably just bitter because the two things you require (comms discipline, discipline in general), are two things I lack in abundance.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Wait did the traitors agree to be excellent? I seem to remember that being one of bankrotas' bugbears about a lack of distinct identity. I'd personally quite like to see a fascist, tedious MLG branch of rps, rtrs and the giraffes would probably stop bickering overnight.
    Our One Rule (TM) is don't be a dick, so fairly similar.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, don't mind Paul too much. He has a tendency for vocal opinions on how people should run things. (Love you still, Paul)
    I'm sorry, Eso, and I love you too, but I have to call complete bullshit on this statement.

Ive only ever put in as much opinion as has everybody else about the running of the outfit, and I believe I have had as much right to put that opinion forward as most, save perhaps Cooper and a select few.

It was an absolutely fair point. I was giving a simple piece of advice about not excluding people.

I have nothing to do with running of the outfit, but I feel like it is every one of our responsibilities to voice opinions and give suggestions for everyone to benefit from.

I know you were jesting regardless of how serious you might have been, but I find it a little insulting that my comment might be brushed aside when it held a serious concern. What is the point of a forum if not for communication and discussion about posted topics. Plenty of people have far more vocal opinions than me here, and receive less criticism.

EDIT:
    Let me clarify that my concern was nothing to do with how the outfit would be run, but that the statement in question was perceived as a policy of denying people who aren't as proficient with comms discipline.

Fair enough to promote a tactical focus, but "poor comms discipline will not be tolerated" sounded like it was going against the spirit of what everybody here has built.

If it wasn't meant with such strictness in heart, thats fine too, but then my suggestion to change the sentence would apply.

Theres also nothing wrong with comms discipline training, so mentioning this might have eased any fears for prospective members too.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 14-08-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm sorry, Eso, and I love you too, but I have to call complete bullshit on this statement.

Ive only ever put in as much opinion as has everybody else about the running of the outfit, and I believe I have had as much right to put that opinion forward as most, save perhaps Cooper and a select few.

It was an absolutely fair point. I was giving a simple piece of advice about not excluding people.

I have nothing to do with running of the outfit, but I feel like it is every one of our responsibilities to voice opinions and give suggestions for everyone to benefit from.

I know you were jesting regardless of how serious you might have been, but I find it a little insulting that my comment might be brushed aside when it held a serious concern. What is the point of a forum if not for communication and discussion about posted topics. Plenty of people have far more vocal opinions than me here, and receive less criticism.
    No, you haven't. You argue loudly and continuously, and you don't pipe down when there's a clear consensus against you. In this thread, you've come across as making demands and giving instructions, not "advice".

You don't just give suggestions. You cling on to them to the bloody death, constantly bringing up the same point again and again when it's clearly been dismissed.

If you want to be part of a useful discussion, of a consesus led organisation, then yes, speaking up, putting things forwards, making sure others are aware of how you feel is important. But so is recognising when the consensus has gone against you, when you aren't contributing anything new, and at that point not impeding ongoing operations.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    No, you haven't. You argue loudly and continuously, and you don't pipe down when there's a clear consensus against you. In this thread, you've come across as making demands and giving instructions, not "advice".

You don't just give suggestions. You cling on to them to the bloody death, constantly bringing up the same point again and again when it's clearly been dismissed.

If you want to be part of a useful discussion, of a consesus led organisation, then yes, speaking up, putting things forwards, making sure others are aware of how you feel is important. But so is recognising when the consensus has gone against you, when you aren't contributing anything new, and at that point not impeding ongoing operations.
    Cmaster, you seem to be a source of antagonism against productive discussions when posting things like this. You've done all of the things you accuse me of doing before.

Im trying to speak to Esoteric in an entirely fair manner and you come in with this barrage of insult.

At no point did I insult anybody, nor did I provoke your response.

I gave fair advice in the first place, which is what im talking about here.

What requirement do I have to 'pipe down' when the point I was making has been entirely overlooked to the point of being dismissed as "its only Paul being Paul". I find that notion insulting when my original post was more than reasonable.

Im not impeding anything by having a discussion on an open forum FOR discussion.

I haven't made any demands here, I just suggested that non tolerance might not be in the communities interests.

I dont find any of your posts of this nature helpful in any manner, but rather quite the opposite. You have entered into a conversation on something and made an issue where there was no issue between us. Its not the first time youve assaulted/insulted my decision to simply defend an opinion. Ive seen the same reaction forced upon others before too.

At what point do you think commenting with something that is absolutely against the grain of discussion is going to persuade me to stop discussing it in my own way?

The forums really are not the place for your personal dislikes with me or anybody else. I dont believe im the only one this has happened to before.
    You just cause a conflict where there was none, because I certainly have no issue with Esoteric, but rather his choice to jokingly sweep aside my remarks.

Id absolutely like to apologise to everybody else in this thread who has to witness this.
    Its fair to say that this has turned from what was 5 minutes ago just a polite conversation into me being fairly annoyed. Im being as stayed and polite as I possibly can be, but going from sincere suggestion to bull shit insult isnt my idea of being excellent.

@FOURS
    At this point, my input really isnt productive, So Fours, Im sorry if you felt patronised but please know this was never the intention. Good luck with RDIS, sincerely, and ill probably jump in at some point to join you when you're set up.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 14-08-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Activated Node
    It's not me it's everyone else.
    Or whatever you said.

I'd like to thank you for thorough derailing the intro thread for the outfit with unsolicited and unwarranted advice followed by a wordy defense that lacks substance.

From my outlook. CMaster has a history of being contrary in a lot of discussions, but I have always felt he was stating a point he believed in rather than just hammering something home for the sake of his own ego or the sake of conflict itself.

Please leave the TR threads alone. You have no apparent interest in joining the outfit, so have the decency to leave its affairs to its members.

Quote Originally Posted by Fours View Post
    rather than just hammering something home for the sake of his own ego or the sake of conflict itself.

Oh you'd be surprised...
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Ok, fellows, four words:
    Time. To. Walk. Away.

Let this thread be for what it was meant for, please. And I say this in sort of an official role, as giraffe councillor, but also as a friend, I would hope.

Let's be civil and let the original discussion continue.

----------------

In other news, I seem to be member number four. Yay! Now I just need 40 more EXP for BR 2.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by Fours View Post
    I'm the leader, go away
    Or whatever you said?

I have always spoken for what I believe in, and frankly you are just being unnecessarily rude now. Im walking away.

My advice was perfectly warranted given the RPS PS2 community history.

Paul, I realise you may have been writing this when I posted my last message, but for perfect clarity:

Please let this matter rest now. I sensed a note grace and acceptance in your post before this, please find that mind-space again, and don't rise to the temptation to retort and get the last word in. The same goes for CMaster and Dewi too, naturally.

This is Fours' thing, let him/her have it, alright?

Yes, fair point. A perfectly stayed response though, imo.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 19-08-2014 at 05:58 PM.