Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Metal Gear Solid V coming to PC

Seems all but confirmed, Konami's UK Website has it listed here:

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/

for anyone who can't access that link (it's getting hammered I think)

Expect it to be confirmed officially in the next hour or two (Kojima is appearing on a stream with Geoff Keighley)
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    YESSSSSS.

tencharacters

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Ground Zeroes available when???

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Awww yeah. (Pre-emptively.)
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    This looks to be the stealth game all stealth fans want,open world with ton of options to tackle to situations! Not some linear stuff we got served all this time.. And i am not even MGS fan,only played first one and even then didn't complete it but still excited as hell.

Meanwhile evil devs are turning this into an hour sprint.
    post in progress

Will we get any of the other MGS games, or at least an hour-long video to explain shit so we don`t have to go to a wiki every 5 seconds?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    This looks to be the stealth game all stealth fans want,open world with ton of options to tackle to situations! Not some linear stuff we got served all this time.. And i am not even MGS fan,only played first one and even then didn't complete it but still excited as hell.
    Tuck that hyperbole back where it belongs. It could be terrible, scripted all to hell, far more linear than suggested, full of cut scenes where mo cap actors get to do all the cool stuff.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    NEVER! Our relationship can never be the same after your love expression for Conviction..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Doesnot looks like stealth game as all. infact MGS has always been more of action game with TOO MANY CUTSCENES.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I missed MGS 4 due to not having a PS3, but the series looks like its completely jumped the shark for me. It always had easter eggs and quirks and 4th wall breaking stuff, but they've gone all in now with their 'upgraded' Cardboard box, using Horseshit to makes cars spin off the road and that immersion wrecking Fulton system where every five seconds a guard flies off into the sky attached to a giant balloon and gets picked up by an audible plane overhead - Stealth - ladies and gentlemen.

I have no problem with stuff like the Cardboard box being in as a joke and a nod towards the other games, but it seems like it's actually a key mechanic now and it just jars completely with the story and setting. Big Boss is supposed to be some kind of legendary infiltrator, except y'know he's shit at it and uses cardboard boxes with sexy women pics taped on because the guards are all blind and incredibly stupid.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^You don't know Jack for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I missed MGS 4 due to not having a PS3,
    According to fans it was worst in series so you are not missing anything. i think MGS5 looks like a really solid action game but as stealth game it looks rather dull.

MGS4 was just 80% of movie cutscene and very few of gameplay. not to mention a really cheesy one. best thing i like about MGS5 is that it doesnot have much cutscene like previous game so finally a one decent MGS game maybe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post
    Doesnot looks like stealth game as all. infact MGS has always been more of action game with TOO MANY CUTSCENES.
    MGS on the gameboy colour was an exceptional stealth game. It actually foreshadowed MGS2 bizarrely.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post

Wow, they're really committed to that cardboard box joke.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Yeah, the series was fairly heavily slanted towards dumb a long, long time before MGS4, and the Fulton's been in two - three? games already.

I'm half and half on the news, to be perfectly honest. I think Kojima's a terrible writer, like Michael Bay with a bit - just a bit - more brains: he means well, but the tonal shifts are and have always been ridiculous and badly handled, and I always get much too strong a sense the guy's basically just a kid in a toybox, same as Bay. Hur hur hur STEALTH hur hur hur PMCs hur hur hur ROBOTS hur hur hur BOOBS etc., etc.

But for all the problematic content and the staggering self-indulgence and the ham-fisted moralising he's still a great, great designer quite a lot of the time. That toybox feel works in the games' favour, too: sure, you can rush through Ground Zeroes in a few minutes but you could beat every game in the franchise very quickly if you knew what you were doing. That was never what they were about - they encouraged repeat playthroughs to fuck around with all the different systems and to exploit the AI for comic effect as much as any PC game ever did.

I'm sure Ground Zeroes is going to have an utterly ludicrous backstory, flaky AI, and an awful lot of iffy narrative content (with cutscenes droning on and on) that'll have websites writing opinion pieces for the next six months at least. Pretty sure it'll also look amazing, control beautifully and unless this open world thing goes horribly wrong it should provide enough fine detail, emergent play, injokes and easter eggs to keep people's playtime going into triple figures no problem at all.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wow, they're really committed to that cardboard box joke.
    Yup. And you can use this tank (few different versions) in co-op mode in MGS: Peace Walker.

Anyway, I'm sure you can easily play MGS5 without using any cardboard box. I've never really used them playing various titles from this series.

MGS on the gameboy colour was an exceptional stealth game.
    I've had it few years ago and then cart battery died and I couldn't save the game. ;_;
    One of the very best games for GBC. Even on such weak specs it's filled with nice details and gameplay possibilities. Graphics and music are top notch.

and the Fulton's been in two - three? games already.
    In Peace Walker only at this moment. Ground Zeroes don't have it, although The Phantom Pain will have it. It makes the game little too easy.
    Last edited by GameCat; 13-08-2014 at 08:04 PM.

I legitimately squealed.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Network Hub
    The only two I could say I really liked in the series have been the first Metal Gear Solid and Peace Walker, I would've liked 3 had the game not spent about 30 minutes of screen time on EVAs breasts. Still, it's nice to get these games on Steam, despite the fact that they had to tease and hang it over our heads for a year as Kojima first started making hints at E3 2013. I do like a good action-stealth game so these two might be worth a shot, I'll have to ignore the usual silliness that appears in the games.