Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Non-Europa Universalis

Hello dear friends! The time is finally here. The time, when I stop being lazy and actually start a thread for the new game. The game itself will start first whole week of 2015 (currently we start on January 8, but see below for more about this). Rules will be mostly the same as previous games (see below) with some special changes for this game.

First and foremost, we will all start in either Asia or the Americas. With the new updates there's quite a lot of land and plenty of decent nations to pick from. With us being closer to each other there should be more player wars, and the games should be a bit more interesting.

So Europe is completely banned (same as Muslim nations or Africa). There is one exception however. If you get completely crushed in Asia/Americas, you can pick a new nation in Europe (or wherever you want really). You won't be "in the running for points", but you'll have the opportunity to get to your previous nemesis and crush him/her completely with fancy modern things like "cannons" and "tactical superiority".

If someone is crushed completely and move to Europe, we will decide which nations are currently OP at that particular time (so if Ulm has become the emperor and inherited France, you won't be able to pick them even though it would be awesome).

It should also be noted that day and time for games are up for discussion. If another day works better for people, we can change it, so speak up if you'd prefer something else.

Oh, and the five people getting priority picking are (in order): Calamity, Boffinboots, Laldy, Dominicus, and Bynn. Congrats on getting most score gain in the previous game!!

RPS EU4 rules:

- We play every week on thursdays, starting at 19:30 GMT.

- If we can't play on a thursday, we play on the following monday at 19:30 GMT.

- If 25% or more of the active players cannot play on any given date and say so ahead of time in this thread, we cancel that session.

- If someone cannot attend a session, noone is allowed to take any provinces of that nation in a war and should try to go for a white peace if attacked by the AI. If a person cannot attend for two consecutive session they are fair game though (but don't be an ass).

- France, England, Castille, and Muscovy are considered OP and are perma-banned.

- The save will be available for downloading prior to the game (the person hosting should post a link in this thread at least one hour before start, if it's not here in time: please remind the host).

- As always, be excellent to each other.

Victory conditions: 100 years (approximately) before the end date we make a note of everyone's points and in the end we calculate the difference between those points and total points. The five people with highest modified scores are decreed awesome as fuck and gets to pick nations first for the next multiplayer game (in order of highest score). However, they have an extended banned list, decided by the conditions of the game.

If you want to join, you can pick any country apart from the ones above and the ones already chosen.

Participating players and nations in the link below (i.e. sign up there).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hyBMGwbUbBz-z8pCFehofOLQBV9S7XcvCRa9QhbY3QQ/edit?usp=sharing

I think that's everything, please add anything I've forgotten.
    Last edited by Sir Hoc; 13-12-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

wait, ottomans arent OP?

(sorry, just wanted to point that out ;D)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They are very strong, but in the hands of a new player the won't crush face from the get go at least. So in a way, but not really.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    we will all start in either India or the Americas.
    Wait, does that mean no hordes, Japan, Korea or SEA?
    Steam: Bynn

I think it does Bynn.
    Anyone willing to push this in a Saturday or Friday?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I think hordes, Japan, Korea, SEA and the new world are all also available.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dunno, we have seen in the last two games how crazy powerful Asia can become. Might be interesting to just restrict it to the two hotspots of America and India. And of course if someone gets knocked out they can come back as whatever!

Also yay for new thread!

Asia (in other words the Ming hostile take over) has been nerfed. A lot of new nations, and stronger nations make asia in all much more interesting. Besides, if we reach the same numbers as we started with last game then india and the new world are not big enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My apologies, that was a mistake on my part. I meant to write "Asia or the Americas", and not "India or the Americas". It has now been fixed.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I put a claim in for the Malaccas, far east but muslim (with the chinese tech group)..... so are we just talking middle-east muslim nations being off limits, or ALL Islamic nations?
    What is this coffee that you speak of...
    The War Princess. Z2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Muslim tech group I think and muslim hordes as well maybe?
    Last edited by mrpier; 15-12-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Muslim tech group you can't pick from, so Mallacca would be accepted but Ethiopia (coptic faith, but muslim tech group) would be off limits.

So tech groups that you can pick from:

Indian
    Chinese
    Mesoamerican
    South American
    Andean
    North American
    Nomad <- More or less the only one with some restrictions.

But this is just how I remember it from the discussion last thursday. Some nations might be off limits (like the timurids), but I assume we talk about those on a case-by-case basis.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was gonna say what Dom did, but... you know, not as good. So what Dom said. We're only banning the tech group, not the actual faith. :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I PICK GRORIOUS KOREA, KOREA STRONG, NEVER FORGET GREAT BETRAYAL 2013, KOREA RIGHTFRUL RULER OF ASIA, STUPID JAPANESE PIGDOGS AND MING SLAVES...

ahem...

I would be interested in making a return to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

And here I was, thinking of playing a Daimyo......BRING IT ON WAFFLY!