Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

[EU4] Europe: United or sundered?

As is pretty clear in the other EU4 thread, it's time to start planning for next thursday game. I propose that we keep all the same rules (see below). In addition, there are some special rules for nation picking for people who played in the previous thursday game.

- Take a nation from another techgroup than you played in the previous game.

- Nations get picked by people in the following order: Calamity, Ser Hoc, MrPier, Cei, and Dominicus. Then, everyone else. I don't think this means you have to wait until other have picked a nation before you pick yours though, just be aware that someone might take the nation you want and you'll be forced to change (it probably won't happen, but there is a possibility). So go ahead and pick a nation straight away!

RPS EU4 rules:

- We play every week on thursdays, starting at 19:30 GMT.

- If we can't play on a thursday, we play on the following monday at 19:30 GMT.

- If 25% or more of the active players cannot play on any given date and say so ahead of time in this thread, we cancel that session.

- If someone cannot attend a session, noone is allowed to take any provinces of that nation in a war and should try to go for a white peace if attacked by the AI. If a person cannot attend for two consecutive session they are fair game though (but don't be an ass).

- France, England, Castille, and Muscovy are considered OP and are banned.

- The save will be available for downloading prior to the game (the person hosting should post a link in this thread at least one hour before start, if it's not here in time: please remind the host).

- As always, be excellent to each other.

Victory conditions: 100 years (approximately) before the end date we make a note of everyone's points and in the end we calculate the difference between those points and total points. The five people with highest modified scores are decreed awesome as fuck and gets to pick nations first for the next multiplayer game (in order of highest score). However, they have an extended banned list including (in addition to the ones above): Burgundy, Denmark, Austria, Ottomans, Ming, Portugal, the Mamluks, and the Timurids.

If you want to join, you can pick any country apart from the ones above and the ones already chosen.

Participating players and nations in the link below (i.e. sign up there).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Sir Hoc; 14-08-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Post saved in case it's needed in the future.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Can we agree to finish this game?
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Definitely interested in another game! Might be worth delaying the start until most people are back from holidays and into regular routines again.

I'm thinking of playing the colonial game from the start this time. Playing with the Muslim tech group last game means I could get properly stuck in with the big boys this time by picking a European country. Any suggestions?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hmmmmm. HMMMMMM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Choices, schmoices. So I can't be OP western this time, maybe OP eastern then? I can't say I like being able to choose early, I prefer to see what the other players get and pick accordingly. :-D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Choices, schmoices. So I can't be OP western this time, maybe OP eastern then? I can't say I like being able to choose early, I prefer to see what the other players get and pick accordingly. :-D
    You can just pick after everyone else, even if someone has taken the nation you want.

I probably won't pick for a while, mostly since I haven't actually decided yet (even though I have a few ideas). :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    I think we should choose a latter start date, or use one of the larger/total conversion mods.

After 250 years or so, the world tends to have mostly become a number of large player blobs and in my experience a lot less fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm thinking maybe Norway. Up for some randomisation as well, the randomised new world is pretty cool. But no idea how much or what would be fun to play with.

Errr.. can we do something about this?

''If we can't play on a thursday, we play on the following monday at 19:30 GMT.''

A few of us play on the monday session also and the times interfere with each other.

Picked Aragon as my nation, but I'm still divided.. Austria would be nice also
    Either way, I will take one of the A-countries

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Haha, oh yeah, that's right. I just copied and pasted it from the old thread.

Hmm, what day would work as a back-up day. Tuesday maybe?
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Sure, as it is a back-up day, I hope we won't need a back-up day very often.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    For now I've picked Qara Qoyunlu.

Im thinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Alas, I've decided I can't commit the time for this. Plus I'm going to be away for 6 weeks at various points on placement with unknown internet access. So, ignore my reserved slot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread: :P

"I played around with Ethiopia a bit, and they seem pretty interesting. The start is potentially very challenging, but there are some nice opportunities. Plus, being in the sub-saharan tech group should be quite the handicap. So it is quite possible I will go with Ethiopia (not completely certain yet, but it's a very strong contender)."
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    Alas, I've decided I can't commit the time for this. Plus I'm going to be away for 6 weeks at various points on placement with unknown internet access. So, ignore my reserved slot.
    why don't you just join when you have time? Stand in for someone who is missing, or play a random nation for one night.
    Steam: Dominicus

I can do that, but only if people are happy with it. It'll be a bit random - I'm having to acknowledge that final year takes priority (admittedly I've somehow gotten this far?)

I think I'll play Tuscany this time.
    Steam: Bynn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    I can do that, but only if people are happy with it. It'll be a bit random - I'm having to acknowledge that final year takes priority (admittedly I've somehow gotten this far?)
    If I can control the beast that was Netherlands while doing my thesis, you can hop in and play a nation every now and then when you have time.

(but seriously, your studies should always go first, so only play when you have time/feel like you need the break)
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc