Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Welcome, Seller of Ed! As Cal said, there's still some room in the game so feel free to join. There's been a bit of discussion about good nations that are still available in the last few pages of this thread, so checking through them should give you an idea about what you could pick.
    Personally I'd recommend Sweden, the rest of Europe is quite busy whilst Scand is empty. Strong nation, room to expand, western tech.

Morocco and Algiers aren't really that good anymore with both Portugal and Aragon taken. mamlukes are closed in. Central Europe could provide a spot with Austria gone but still stuck in between Bohemia, Burgundy, Venice, Poland. Eastern Europe/Russian area is mostly called for. Asia with Timurids, Bengal, Dai Viet and Japan is quite busy and bit hard for newer players. America well you know, it's America.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec Empire & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.
    Lord Oreolus Cookie the first, ruler of Glorious Viet Om nom nom

It's funny to see the difference between the Paradox developer session and us. They just finished their campaign and they're "Bragging" who killed what amount of players.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec Empire & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

Network Hub
    My Poland should be able to help Sweden break out of its personal union under Denmark if needed.

Edit: A nation in north-west Italy/south-east France could be an valid choice.
    Switzerland or Savoy.

Switzerland;
    Advantages: Easily defensible starting provinces. Strong national ideas and traditions. I assume they have some interesting historical national events and decisions. Team up with Burgundy to destroy Savoy and France, or with Venice and Bohemia to take bits off Austria, Bavaria and the HRE, or play the HRE game.

Disadvantages: Base tax of starting provinces is a bit low.

Savoy;
    Advantages: Strong national ideas and traditions. Ability to form Sardinia-Piedmont if you can come to an arrangement with Aragon. Begins our latest save as HRE emperor. Is right next to very valuable french provinces.

Disadvantages: Is right next to France, you'd want to form an alliance with Burgundy quickly.
    Last edited by kalelovil; 03-09-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kalelovil View Post
    What kale said
    Hmm, generally speaking I would agree with this. But it might be a bit problematic for a new player. Holding out against France isn't too easy (although it mostly just camping the mountains) and being on the border of the HRE and France (or right next to Austria for that matter) can be tricky. There's also not that much expansion room either...

So I think Scandinavia is the better choice.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

So, I have been very busy with stuff in these days since the session and I haven't had an opportunity to even browse the web, but I do now!

Anyway, Aragon AAR:
    (Or what I kind of remember)

So the first main thing was the war against France with my good ally Burgundy, it was going well and Castile was draining their troops in that war, but then they did a white peace and all that effort was down the drain, and after that war ended I took a prestige hit and I lost my PU with Naples.

After a moment of recovering, I started up a quick war to restore the PU, which was easy and I got that sorted out.

Now I don't quite remember if Castile invaded me or I invaded them, but I went to war with them also, but I wasn't the only one fighting against them, I got help from Portugal and England also.
    In the end, it was a success and I took some provinces and made them release Galicia.

So when the session ended, I came out on top, which is always nice ^.^

I welcome a Portuguese alliance and as a good will token I won't interfere if you decide to take Galicia, but I hope that we can cooperate in a war together, against Castile.

Don't forget to do you back alley dealings and diplomatic almost but not yet faux pas before tomorrow. For those that want to play nice though, the Dai Viet fun house mansion always has a spot reserved just for you...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    For those that want to play nice though, the Dai Viet fun house mansion always has a spot reserved just for you...
    Run. Run while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Run. Run while you still can.
    You wanna play tag?! How FUN!

You can run, but you can't stop attrition.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I will be away from the computer for most of the night, but I'm worried about the AI screwing up and picking the wrong idea group (meaning I won't be able to really do anything for several more sessions), so I will be there at the start and play for as long as I can, and then I'll stay in the game and check my computer whenever I have time. I'm fairly certain that being in the game and doing nothing can't be much worse than letting the AI play. :P

This means I can host if needed, but it might be a bit slow with rehosting and such. But if it's as stable as last week, that shouldn't be a problem.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    I will be away from the computer for most of the night, but I'm worried about the AI screwing up and picking the wrong idea group (meaning I won't be able to really do anything for several more sessions), so I will be there at the start and play for as long as I can, and then I'll stay in the game and check my computer whenever I have time. I'm fairly certain that being in the game and doing nothing can't be much worse than letting the AI play. :P

This means I can host if needed, but it might be a bit slow with rehosting and such. But if it's as stable as last week, that shouldn't be a problem.
    You could also ask Cei or Waffly if either of them is around.
    Steam: Dominicus

Activated Node
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make the session tonight, but should be able to start next week hopefully.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    *snif* Waffly could have had so much potential now as Korea.....
    Steam: Dominicus

Quote Originally Posted by INinja132 View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make the session tonight, but should be able to start next week hopefully.
    Japan should be fine I reckon it's been doing good up until now

Activated Node
    The Ottomans still standing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Yeah but I bet it's secretly Byzanteum playing dress-up

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Well it was actually Laldy playing as them for a single session, right? So they are probably in good shape. Think he's gonna be away for the next few sessions though, so they are totally fair game.

Well it was actually Laldy playing as them for a single session, right? So they are probably in good shape. Think he's gonna be away for the next few sessions though, so they are totally fair game.
    They haven't been set to peacefull so they should provide good sport. With Europe being busy playing with the BBB etc they probably end up expanding instead of shrinking

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Big Brother Broclave?

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Big Brother Broclave?
    Big Blue Blob: France, named after it's tendency to expand massively in previous paradox titles.

For those that don't understand certain terms that pass by on this forum here's the Jargon page of the EUIV wiki

Not going to be going any where until after the 18th. You don't seriously think I would be out of the country for the Referendum vote?
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.