Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    It will be very interesting to see what happens to Europe in this game. My advice to Burgundy and Aragon (maybe Austria as well) is to take care of France ASAP. Otherwise, they gonna get big, bad, and blue very quickly. Aragon might want to make some deals to help with taking care of Castille as well. Or you could get AI England as an ally (shouldn't be hard with enemy of enemy bonus to relations).
    Aragon Vs. Castile is easy. They both get allied with Portugal. As long as you are on the defensive side (don't worry Castile WILL declare) you win. SOOOOO many mountains in your area, use them.

And there is no Burgundy yet. Would be nice if someone took it though.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Boffin seems to be considering Burgundy, and given that we have player controlled Sweden and Norway, I figured he'd pick Burgundy over Denmark.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Boffin seems to be considering Burgundy, and given that we have player controlled Sweden and Norway, I figured he'd pick Burgundy over Denmark.
    Would certainly balance out a lot of things in the Europe area.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Would certainly balance out a lot of things in the Europe area.
    Who picked Sweden? Kaleovil picked Denmark so I guess I'm Burgundy. (Oh wait I see the "or Sweden"). Yeah maybe three of us in Scandinavia would be a little crowded.

How about it Kefirz (and maybe Bynn?), you wanna gangbang France early on?

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Who picked Sweden? Kaleovil picked Denmark so I guess I'm Burgundy. (Oh wait I see the "or Sweden"). Yeah maybe three of us in Scandinavia would be a little crowded.

How about it Kefirz (and maybe Bynn?), you wanna gangbang France early on?
    You are only Burgundy if you want to be. And taking France on early is the best before all those integrations and conquests happen.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What week do we start, and i presume standard start date (looking up my options...still not sure if i trust people enough to not kill me if in one of the choices)?

edit: Venice was one of first ideas i had, but austria-tuscany-ottomans combination kinda makes me feel constricted.
    The "i will get murderized horribly" was thinking certain hordes (especially if i wouldn't westernize. Feels wrong to nuke their speciality but tech 1 troops for whole game would just be too horrible against human players...

Still pondering going Theocracy, or Mamlucks could be interesting (though how powerful are they? Wondered no one went for british isles and scotland could be nice start if i went there).
    Last edited by Graerth; 19-08-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Ser Hoc suggested next thursday (28th), the usual time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    What week do we start, and i presume standard start date (looking up my options...still not sure if i trust people enough to not kill me if in one of the choices)?
    I think in the first session there are plenty of expansion possibilities so I reckon you won't be attacked if you pick a nation and aren't there. Dunno if people want to make that a "rule" for the very first session.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think in the first session there are plenty of expansion possibilities so I reckon you won't be attacked if you pick a nation and aren't there. Dunno if people want to make that a "rule" for the very first session.
    Surely the 2 session absence rule would be in effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Surely the 2 session absence rule would be in effect?
    Well since it's not stated it's up to our individual interpretation. The country technically hasn't been played yet so could be attacked. But I reckon everyone is civil enough not to do so the first session.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, I would say that it is. Just make sure you don't pick a country that totally blocks all expansion options for another country and it should be fine.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Yeah, I would say that it is. Just make sure you don't pick a country that totally blocks all expansion options for another country and it should be fine.
    I'm sure he'll stay out of everyone's way and pick Ming or The Mamlukes :P

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm sure he'll stay out of everyone's way and pick Ming or The Mamlukes :P
    That's definitely what I would do. ;P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Now that you mention it, Ming could be interesting, but i'm circling between scotland, poland, mamluks (with wild card ming option i guess now). German theocracies such as Munster feel blocked by Austria and denmark existing (which also blocks hansa start for me). Teutons could be one more free theocracy if i don't want to take as powerful start as poland, mamluks or ming.

Ming would make me switch out of Dai Viet. Because we have Dai Viet, Bengal, Nepal/Vajayjay all in that area. Would be a bit too crowded but don't forget Livonian Order/ Riga can form Kurland and they are also a theocracy I think.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Novgorod is also an interesting option. They have some interesting bonuses, and if you can beat Muscovy you have a lot of nice expansion opportunities.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Novgorod is also an interesting option. They have some interesting bonuses, and if you can beat Muscovy you have a lot of nice expansion opportunities.
    You forgot to include all the lovely "Fuck you, you're Novgorod" events that are just plain bullshit. But other than that they're grand :P

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You forgot to include all the lovely "Fuck you, you're Novgorod" events that are just plain bullshit. But other than that they're grand :P
    What's life without a bit of challenge? :P
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

What's life without a bit of challenge? :P
    A box of chocolates?

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    A box of chocolates?
    But those are poisonous!
    Steam: Dominicus