Also, if people are still tempted:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU4/europa-universalis-iv
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    And locked my choice in, but technicaly mrpier is before me :P
    Yeah, I'm so choosing bengal now

Network Hub
    Alright, sounds like a plan. Thinking about going Bohemia, or maybe Morocco. How long sessions you usually play?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Yeah, I'm so choosing bengal now
    Feel free to, I have two or three back-up options. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crux View Post
    Alright, sounds like a plan. Thinking about going Bohemia, or maybe Morocco. How long sessions you usually play?
    Mostly untill around 22:00 BST, so 2,5 hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Crux View Post
    Welcome Crux! Like everyone else said, if you're wondering about, just ask here or hit someone of us up on steam.

Bohemia should be fun, that also gives Austria some competition in the HRE. Or if you want, colonizing with Morocco and then moving to the new world completely is extremely satisfying.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    Oh, one more thing Do you gather somewhere before starting, mumble or something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, there's a Paradox -> Eu4 channel in the RPS mumble.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by sir hoc View Post
    bohemia should be fun, that also gives austria some competition in the hre.
    mine!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    mine!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sure you can still habsburg all over the place.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Nice to see so many people locked in already, here's some Caladvice.

Nick- If you are still going Vajayjay or Nepal I reckon both are good options. Nepal puts you next to Dom but you have first pick. Vajayjay is always really good just ask Mrpier or Graerth.

Kefirz- Aragon is amazing especially if Portugal helps you. Castile isn't really a problem and Africa seems empty so paint it red. With France/Castile/England/(maybe Portugal if it's not picked) biting the dust you have mostly free roam on colonizing until Denmark shows up. Just don't pull a "Calamity" and splooge all over the place.

Rizlar/Kalelovil- If you both are still keen on the area perhaps one of you take Denmark and the other Sweden. Norway alone is quite a slow game if you don't get lucky or enough help and Denmark with free Sweden integration is still silly. Both are really strong nations and most of the territory around it is unpicked so lots of expansion possibilities for you guys.

Bynn- If you still want to stay in Europe you can pick Poland/Lithuania and rule the Crimean area like the boss you were supposed to or maybe pick Portugal and escape the madness that is Europe

This is just based on absolutely nothing so feel free to ignore it and pick something completely different.
    God Overlord of the Glorious Zapotec and Dai Viet Empires & all-round Games and Stratagy Wizard.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Exited about playing a horde nation, with a little luck I might be able to form Persia and maybe even reform the government. Do muslim hordes follow the muslim military units tree btw?

I've played Timurids in single player but that was while they could form Mughals without reforming their government, so I got indian units quite quickly.

Exited about playing a horde nation, with a little luck I might be able to form Persia and maybe even reform the government. Do muslim hordes follow the muslim military units tree btw?
    Pretty sure they start with horde units since its tech group related. 90% of hordes are muslim.

Btw reforming government got easy right after suffered from the hard way.
    Last edited by Calamity; 20-08-2014 at 09:49 AM.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Rizlar/Kalelovil- If you both are still keen on the area perhaps one of you take Denmark and the other Sweden. Norway alone is quite a slow game if you don't get lucky or enough help and Denmark with free Sweden integration is still silly. Both are really strong nations and most of the territory around it is unpicked so lots of expansion possibilities for you guys.
    I would say that the Sweden/Norway combo is even better. Norway can go colonizing (utilizing the early explorer) and rule the seas, while Sweden take over the Baltic Sea and make it surrounded by Swedish land (you know, the way it's meant to be ). And if they cooperate they can be free from the Danish overlords in the first hour of the game.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Have they changed the requirements for reforming the government? And what are they now?

I was thinking that if one of them had Norway the other would just default to Denmark since it's a free Sweden you get with it. And if the Norse want to colonize the national ideas don't help. You should just start with exploration anyway because you don't get your colonist until the third idea group unlocks and only 1 doesn't do much.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Have they changed the requirements for reforming the government? And what are they now?
    Still need one of the admin ideas, stability and legitimacy. Steppe hordes just had the disadvantage of losing legitimacy all the time due to heirs not being of age and your lovely countrymen killing them. Steppe hordes have an easier time now.

(haven't played EUIV in weeks so verify this)
    Last edited by Calamity; 20-08-2014 at 10:13 AM.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    There are still some empty and interesting places in the world.

- The Manchu/Korea/Japan area.
    - South East Asia, like Brunei.
    - The New World
    - North Africa
    - The Russia area

Enough options, not to speak of some nice starts like Mamluks and Ming.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    I'll change to Poland.

Poland is pretty good, especially if no one takes Lithuania. It was my first pick actually, but I thought it was too close to the baltic. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kalelovil View Post
    I'll change to Poland.
    You are hereby obliged to do all AAR material in polandball format.

CK II & EU IV Timelapses