Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    ah well. shikatanai
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    Update 8/19/2014
    Long time admin/mod of the forums, osirss2, was banned randomly from the forums today. Another pointless causality, here was his ban: http://gyazo.com/578d716e252045fa9c7598dac261f4ae
    I guess answering someone's question is considering trolling/abusive behavior now? Any comment regarding him is currently being removed as well.
    Agreed, whoever is doing this is a tone-deaf idiot. There's zero call for a ban for that.

Someone pointed this thread out to me on Steam, wow it turned nasty fast. Will came in and tried to talk to people, but they laid into him hard. He didn't ban anyone or lock the thread, he just left and never said another word. Maybe they just gave up trying to negotiate?
    Anyways here is the thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227680...1031798698245/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    This is my first early access bust. I didn't invest or donate anything early, just bought the game for a discount on steam at one point. I assumed it was slow going development because of small staff or something. Disappointing it eventually ended up in this fiasco. It's being mentioned that flying around in space was a stretch goal, but when they sold this as early access the space stuff was in the trailer with no mention of it being a stretch goal. Really seemed to be a major part of the game, and a big draw for me, at least at whatever price I paid, which I don't recall, but knowing me it was probably $15 or less.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    QC has been guilty of ignoring the 'be excellent' rule in the past, but he didn't really say anything terrible here.
    While I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod at first (s?)he seems to have grown into IT, MOSTLY.

There were always going to be casualties in the Kickstart/Greenlight/Early access bubble. And that trust will never grow back, it's actually a great thing, people learning en mass that preordering is foolish.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Update 8/20/2014

We just made it on Destructoid!

http://www.destructoid.com/there-s-s...e-279901.phtml

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    While I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod at first (s?)he seems to have grown into IT, MOSTLY.
    I think that last bit are my own opinions, which definitely clash with a lot of opinions of you guys. Dont worry, I get that in my daily life as well. As long as Im not an extremist arsehole?

Unless you have a complaint about my conduct, then please get in touch with da police aka go to the About RPS Forum.

As for starforge, I just got updated to something. also, didnt that dev say "WE LIKE HOW THE GAME PLAYS AND THINK IT IS FINISHED". thats a bit... hm.

I guess there are incapable designers/developers amongst the bigger industry giants.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I like QC and think he does a fine job. At least he has some personality. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Granath View Post
    I like QC and think he does a fine job. At least he has some personality. :)
    Ive decided to start misquoting people in my signature, thanks for that.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Here's one on the house:

QC is the Phil Fish of forum mods.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Am I the only one that has no quarrel with QC?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I only have a quarrel with QC when he disagrees with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Am I the only one that has no quarrel with QC?
    shhhh, employees dont get to talk.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Here's one on the house:

QC is the Phil Fish of forum mods.
    Nah dude, that's too harsh. QC at least steps back when he crosses the line. Fish doesn't know where anybody else's line is, he just keeps moving his own to maintain victimhood.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    shhhh, employees dont get to talk.
    Offcourse my liege, which thread do you wish me to bestow upon them the happy word of QuantaCat?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    offcourse my liege, which thread do you wish me to bestow upon them the happy word of quantacat?
    I THINK THERES A SIMULATOR THREAD IN NEED OF YOUR WISDOM, PEASANT.

Now go and multiplay.
    - Tom De Roeck.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2276...97627223009697

We believe we have put in some super cool and innovative technology and gameplay, including an Infinite Procedural World, Voxel Digging, Real-Time Atmosphere, Procedural Asteroids, Tunnels, Caves, Mountains, Biomes, Physics Movement, Vehicles, Tons of Guns, Creatures, and Objects, and so much more! All of this works with both single player and multiplayer. It has been a labor of love, we are glad to have progressed this far, and we really enjoy playing the release version. We will continue to monitor the game, and plan to do another update in the future with bug fixes. Further updates will depend on future sales of the game.
    oh and, some of the shittiest features on a feature list ever:

- Blocks Have Better Performance
    - 200 + bug fixes
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 19-09-2014 at 08:22 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Oh wow. Um... is this some sort of company-wide attempted suicide?

Doublefine did a similiar thing with Spacebase DF-9, they are pushing out v.1.0. and be done with it.
    CÉTERVM CENSEÓ KOTAKVM ESSE DÉLÉNDAM.