Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

New video idea - help wanted (Giraffes, Traitors and Fascists welcome)

Hello humans.

Haven't done a proper artsy PS2 video in what feels like forever. Mainly because I've been wary of repeating myself and only wanted to commit to something that would feel worth it.

I finally have an idea that excites me, and is hopefully just the right balance of ambitious and possible to not burn out making.

The basic premise is this - two individuals from two factions, for the sake of this example I'm going to say Vanu and NC, though we can switch around as needed. We see the preparations of these two individuals at perhaps their warpgates or owned bases, checking weapons and then travelling towards a spot where they will meet.

The second "act" will be the two people encountering each other in an otherwise neutral and empty area. Guns are pointed at each other and we get a tense standoff. As this comes to a head and it seems that conflict is inevitable... a whole boatload of the TR show up.

The third act is the two setting aside their differences to take on overwhelming odds and having a jolly big firefight, taking on infantry, air and artillery.

Now, this idea has been kicking around my brain for a few weeks and I did originally want to do it for the sake of doing it. But the recent christening of an RPS TR branch seems like a good excuse to all get together and make this into propaganda for them. The end of the video could be their logo and a plug for Rock, Dictator, Shotgun. I dunno, I only have the core idea but it could be magnificent.

Filming should be straightforward enough, we figure out which two people have the most availability and make them the two leads, alternatively just make sure they use default equipment so anyone can step in and do it. Then we do one massive session with as many people as possible playing as the TR for the last act, and then take our time getting the others done in as many sessions as it takes.

Anyone up for doing this? For anyone new or unsure of how it might pan out, here are a few examples of what we've achieved in groups before;

Playhouse - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_XtJ2f-W2w
    Nicks Pineapple Dance Studios - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9K4aMhgVIY
    Rock, Planet, Shotgun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3zZuYYg0M
    Buzzcut Psycho - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7_W4WxInkY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    You have my sword? Wait, what?
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You have my lazor!

If i have time. When?
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Count me in.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Activated Node
    I'm up for it. I always rather enjoyed your PS2 videos so being a part of one sounds fun. But Ideally wearing blue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If available, I'm in as well.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Activated Node
    A very kind gesture, Mr. Skills. I am very much behind this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You have my lazor!
    And my lasher!
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Good stuff! Now the bit I historically struggle with, organisation. I'll be bold and throw next Friday out there as a suggestion, how many swords/lazors/lashers could I expect for Friday, 23rd of August?
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Good stuff! Now the bit I historically struggle with, organisation. I'll be bold and throw next Friday out there as a suggestion, how many swords/lazors/lashers could I expect for Friday, 23rd of August?
    I should be available after 6/7ish (bst)
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    That should probably work for me if you need more people.

The Pep Squad wants you to know that we are ready, and willing, to respond to any, and all, of your behind-the-scene-go-fer needs (like, catering, driving/flying cast and crew, crowd control, etc.)

We are also quite willing to run lines with cast members or stand-in for them during those, sometimes, long set up sessions.

In other words, we'd be proud to, somehow, be associated with this project.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Bah! Busy that weekend starting Friday.

I will try to attend to this awesome idea
    Lasher and all

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Friday should work for me.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Lazors the movie Noted in my calender.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Activated Node
    Anyone with a spare character slot that is expecting to wear red during this, drop your ingame name into the RDIS thread and I'll get your invitations sorted.

Edit: I'll probably announce the date of our first outfit night when this video drops, if that's cool with you, Jag.

I have 3 spare slots, so I can wear any colour and form Mandex

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'd be up for it, am usually available.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG