Thread: Gal Civ 3

Network Hub

Gal Civ 3

Last I looked early access was priced at a rather silly 70 odd quid, now it seems down to a far more reasonable 27 for the weekend.

Further, it strikes me as the sort of game that doesn't suffer from being early accessed (like, say Kerbal & Prison Architect; unlike, say RPGs).

As someone whose spent hundreds of hours on Gal Civ 2 and games of it's ilk, I'm rather tempted. But screenies currently look very much like Gal Civ 2.

Any opinions?

Network Hub
    Yeah i think it looks identical to GalCiv2. Im sure there are some improvements here and there, but i see no reason to play full price if you have GalCv2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Haven't played, but from what I've read it's still incredibly basic and lots of features are missing. I guess it's more for the uber-curious. I'm also a bit worried that it looks an awful lot like GalCiv 2, but supposedly it's aiming to be a 'bigger and better GalCiv 2' so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Also it looks ugly as hell, that UI hurts my eyes.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.