Thread: Brink

Brink

Is anyone still playing Brink? Are there still people on servers or is it dead?
    Testing 1 2 3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I still play occasionally, although not for a few weeks - since the DLC released, in fact. Right now there are half a dozen servers with between 2 and 16 players and another couple of dozen with just one lonely soul aboard. I think that's about what it was last time I was on, but I'll check this evening to see if it picks up a bit and report back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    The DLC was great, but i played it for a few nights and haven't played it since. It seems to be one of those games I can easily ignore even though I quite like it. Will have maybe a play when I get back to uni.

Network Hub
    Was one of those games where I was telling myself to ignore the flaws and say it's a great game. But really it was f*cking awful, probably the biggest flop of the year. It's just incredibly bad in nearly every department. Found the visual aspect to be very closed up, I dunno why just seemed like things were very bunched up.

Played a few nights ago. There were three full servers.

There were organized RPS games at one point. Those should happen again.

Activated Node
    I like to pretend that game never happend, and that I never spent my money on it

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's a brilliant game that should never have died as it did. Having said that, when I last tried to play, which was around the release of the DLC, I had no issue getting into a game. Compare that to Section 8, an equally great game, where I failed to find any game that had more than a handful of people that weren't bots, then you can see it isn't as bad as some would have you believe. Not enough for it to receive the much needed post release support that it did need though, which is the real shame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Opinion, it seems, is divided. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent playing it.

FWIW, there are currently 14 servers with 2 to 16 people playing and twice as many again with a lone punter. I may even have a bit of a go later on.