Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Game Illuminati

What the hell is this? Some shit has been shovelled, and this has been uncovered. Does anyone have any ideas?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    A game design board started by George Broussard.
    For some reason it popped up in the address bar when I started typing. I don't remember visiting it. Fucking Ilerminaty!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Are you asking us to interpret some screens you've found which you don't know what they're about?

Seems like reaching to me. I'm sure that there's a website called gameilluminati, but that doesn't mean that there's some sort of secret society behind it. Hardly the most discreet name in that case, wouldn't you say?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Maybe Asylums habitants are just playing a really long ARG game?

People previously trough to be in coma, are just waiting for a really tedious civi turn to end.

People in jail are there because they got in the wrong place in a MONOPOLY game?

Your worth has manly men is based on your Score?

God is playing some Universe Sim game?

We drive cars, because horses don't need us anymore and have abandoned us?

Are womens really getting pregnant from men, or they are imported felitized eggs from china?

If souls really exist, do this means that a person is something like a haunted body?

Do Indies have a secret leader, that is more indie than all of them, and they secretly follow his orders?

If Indians are from america, indians are from asia, where are indies from? San Francisco? Canada?

Why some ugly men are very attractive to womens? whats really "it"?

What religions have already a program of announcements ready in case we meet aliens?

If a cyberstalker suffer amnesia, can he find his home by tracking back the people he is cyberstalking back to his own identity?
    Last edited by Tei; 26-08-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    Abandoned PC gaming for good. Now rest in a better place. psn:Teikman

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Are you asking us to interpret some screens you've found which you don't know what they're about?

Seems like reaching to me. I'm sure that there's a website called gameilluminati, but that doesn't mean that there's some sort of secret society behind it. Hardly the most discreet name in that case, wouldn't you say?
    Well, everyone is suggesting it's the wrong rabbit hole to go down, but it's still weird as hell.

Lesser Hivemind Node Stellar Duck's Avatar
    You know, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if some game developers had a forum (or indeed an IRC channel or a private subreddit) where they could type stuff up and be left alone, considering the amount of shit there is shovelled their way on a daily basis.

There are tons of closed boards out there and that makes sense for plenty of reasons.

But considering the name and the involvement of George Broussard I suspect the name to be a joke.

Now, please stop all this nonsense. It clearly leads to no good things.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    User finds web forum, Internets goes batshit!

I used to be part of a tiny forum called the Game Maker Guild. About 5 of us would talk about complete bullshit and not making games. It was also largely closed to the public.

This means nothing, please stop trying to inject controversy. Leave that to the crazies.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

A secret society having a publicly-accessible website with an inflammatory name linked to imagery of a "secret society" isn't very..... secret. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dudebro View Post
    A secret society having a publicly-accessible website with an inflammatory name linked to imagery of a "secret society" isn't very..... secret. :)
    That's exactly what they want us to think! This must be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    That's exactly what they want us to think! This must be true!
    Hiding in plain public!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Didn't I read about this on a Neogaf thread last year? It's just a private forum not some world-spanning conspiracy, like Davos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Don’t a lot of forums practice entry restrictions (like NeoGaf) and/or have a private hidden section for their admins & moderators? You would expect a forum for game devs to hang out. The only reason you’re even giving it a second glance is because of a provocative title.

I'm still technically part of an exclusive RPS group called 'The Conclave.' (Yes apparently you can make wrestling stables, who knew?) and I go on record to say I am not controlling your destiny.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Old men, running the world.

Im keeping this thread because its silly.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

A secret game developer society controlling the gaming world from the shadows? Where do I sign up? *Fails to mention he has absolutely nothing to do with developing video games*

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Old men, running the world.
    Old men... are the future.

Network Hub
    No, he's right. I didn't understand how widespread this was until I started reading Illuminati Watcher. Once you know what to look for, it's everywhere.

Dark Souls is rife with butterfly imagery-- clear reference to Project Monarch mind control. In a game where you go around "collecting souls" to become more powerful.

Serious Sam's "secret pyramid." I am not making this up. Just one example of a motif that recurs throughout so many video games.

Elizabeth's "vow of silence" gesture. Notice how she integrates it with the "horns of Baal."

I'm not sure how many developers are involved and how many are their unwitting dupes, but the classic signs of the Illuminati are all there, more overt than in any other medium.

Wait until I show you all the reptillians. Game developers are clearly trying to prepare their audience for something seriously world shattering.
    Last edited by nate; 27-08-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Stellar Duck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    No, he's right. I didn't understand how widespread this was until I started reading Illuminati Watcher. Once you know what to look for, it's everywhere.

Dark Souls is rife with butterfly imagery-- clear reference to Project Monarch mind control. In a game where you go around "collecting souls" to become more powerful.

Serious Sam's "secret pyramid." I am not making this up. Just one example of a motif that recurs throughout so many video games.

Elizabeth's "vow of silence" gesture. Notice how she integrates it with the "horns of Baal."

I'm not sure how many developers are involved and how many are their unwitting dupes, but the classic signs of the Illuminati are all there, more overt than in any other medium.

Wait until I show you all the reptillians. Game developers are clearly trying to prepare their audience for something seriously world shattering.
    You know, the problem with this post is that it wasn't until the reptiles business that I could be certain you were joking. And even then...
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Wait until you play Deus Ex, or even Invisible War.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Please more, nate.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.