Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LOTR BFME2 thread

The Battle For Middle-Earth 2: The Rise Of The Witch-King
    It's free to play...Check out online multiplayer videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCv...XoPumSKYGUeP4Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rK8...XoPumSKYGUeP4Q

EA lost license for this great rts game and official servers shutdown.
    but most players moved to gameranger and we play it there now

How to download and play online:
    -visit Forshire.blogspot.com and download BFME2 + ROTWK (follow installation guide)
    -signup at Gameranger.com and start playing

For more info you can contact me:
    -Facebook: Dread Reapr
    -Email: DreadReapr@gmail.com

I tried it again not too long ago, i just cant stand the heavy zoom anymore, sorry.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

i think thers widescreen fix for rotwk.

no, thats not what I mean. you just cant see enough of the game, and as far as Ive read, you need a map by map fix of the zoom so itll work. its not just an ini hack or something, youre literally stuck so close to the fucking buildings you can only see 5 of them at the same time. ugh.

Homeworld2 atleast got a fucking awesome mod that made it immensely better. (complex 9) but BFME2, as much as I loved it back in the day, just needs an upgrade.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I enjoyed it when it came out, but it was the game that helped me realize I just didn't like RTS games very much in the first place and I had only really liked Battle for Middle Earth because it was Lord Of The Rings-y and I had played it over LAN with my best friends.

Building an all-troll army in BFME 1 in a six player team battle was just ... magical.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

The first game was so good... Is it available on Origin I wonder? :)

I think both are abandonware.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    I have difficulties playing any strategy game that is not Wargame or Supreme Commander since those games feature you being able to zoom out so one can see the whole map.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I have difficulties playing any strategy game that is not Wargame or Supreme Commander since those games feature you being able to zoom out so one can see the whole map.
    you didnt read what I wrote, right?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    you didnt read what I wrote, right?
    I read that you have difficulties playing zoomed-in.
    I have even more difficulties playing zoomed-in. ANd more games need fully zoomed out stuff.

Blergh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I read that you have difficulties playing zoomed-in.
    I have even more difficulties playing zoomed-in. ANd more games need fully zoomed out stuff.

Blergh.
    oh hell yeah. but even at the time it was noted as a con for these games. Especially since I think Generals managed a more zoomed out look.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Hmm. It might be an artifact of the original game, which was more about small scale tactics then it's bigger cousin.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Itís not on the Origin store but EA havenít taken it off their website games list yet. According to Wikipedia the license has expired. Does that make it abandonware? I thought it might depend on terms made within the license agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    It’s not on the Origin store but EA haven’t taken it off their website games list yet. According to Wikipedia the license has expired. Does that make it abandonware? I thought it might depend on terms made within the license agreement.
    I bought it way back when. on release even. I dont feel any guilt redownloading the game once in a while
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Even when something is abandonware it's still not legal to download it.
    There's just no one who could accuse you for piracy. Grey zone.

It is legal for me to download something which I own. Atleast under austrian regulations.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was talking about abandonware in general.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    no, thats not what I mean. you just cant see enough of the game, and as far as Ive read, you need a map by map fix of the zoom so itll work. its not just an ini hack or something, youre literally stuck so close to the fucking buildings you can only see 5 of them at the same time. ugh.

Homeworld2 atleast got a fucking awesome mod that made it immensely better. (complex 9) but BFME2, as much as I loved it back in the day, just needs an upgrade.
    The widescreen mod is poorly named, its primary purpose is to correct the zoom level on all the included maps.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    The widescreen mod is poorly named, its primary purpose is to correct the zoom level on all the included maps.
    ah? I couldnt find this one. It also wasnt in the unofficial patch. And of course, afaik, it doesnt work in multiplayer.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    ah? I couldnt find this one. It also wasnt in the unofficial patch. And of course, afaik, it doesnt work in multiplayer.
    It absolutely does work in multiplayer, as long as both players have it.

Unfortunately, I don't seem able to find it anymore. That's distressing, the game is nigh unplayable at the default zoom level.