Obscure Node

Looking for some new gaming friends

Hi first a little background info: I'm a PC gamer from the UK and I'm keen to make some new friends to play games with, chat to and generally have a nice time. I don't meet many gamers in my day to day social circles so I figured its worth a try putting a shout out on some of the gaming sites that I frequent. So without trying to make this sound like a "personals" ad I'll put some general info about me here and if you think you might like to play some games and get to know me then send me a PM and I'll add you to Steam/Skype and see how it goes!

About me: Like I said I'm a PC gamer through and through have been since before I hit double figures. I'm in my mid 20's and I am into a pretty wide variety of games. I do have various tastes in music/films and other things but gaming is my biggest hobby and playing multiplayer / coop games is by far my favourite way to spend my free time. I'm pretty social so I like to chat with people so it would be cool if you use Skype too as it's nice to be able to chat about whatever - and even more useful when trying to play stuff - but please have a decent mic/headset as listening to speaker feedback/echo sucks! Oh and it would probably be best if you also live in the UK - I don't have anything against people in the rest of the world but the whole timezones thing and latency kinda makes regular gaming a little more difficult.

Games I'm playing at the moment: Civilization V, Baldurs Gate 2 (soon to be followed by the Neverwinter Nights 2 campaign), Borderlands, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Magicka, TF2, Dawn of War 2 Retribution, Starcraft 2, Sanctum.

Games I'm looking forward to: RAGE, Trine 2, Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, Saints Row 3. Probably some others I forgot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Well, hello You'd do well to join some of the various RPS steam groups related to your games.

edit: to get you started
    Main rps group
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps

RPS Magicka group
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpsqf

list of steam groups with rock,paper shotgun mentioned in them
    http://steamcommunity.com/actions/Se...hotgun&x=0&y=0
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 01-10-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Hello! And yeah, the gaming groups are a good place to start looking for people to game with. Make sure to check out the Dungeons & Dragons Online thread, there are lots of people pretty much at the beginning of the game right now, so jump right in, most of us are rolling Free to Play.

I will be your inter-friend, MozzerV12. Whereabouts are you in the UK?

Obscure Node
    England, South East (so I don't have an accent).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You can add me on steam if you want, Mrogface.

Feel free to add me too. I have this very same name on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    I will be your inter-friend, MozzerV12. Whereabouts are you in the UK?
    Don't do it! Its a trap! In all seriousness, join the RPS steam group and hang about in the chatroom. If you want to play a game, just ask if anyone else feels like playing it. You can use our community mumble server too!
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    Get yourself in the rps steam chat room

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429554934

RPS steam chat room. It's a good place.

(I'm repeating what the others have said for effect)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Feel free to add me. I play a wide variety of games. But I do intend on playing a lot of BF3 once it's released. I'm from the South-West but don't be afraid, I don't sound like Jethro!
    Steam ID
    Origin: RamboJ3sus

Feel free to add me too, I am not a massive online gamer, but always welcome a chat or whatever. Usually on Steam and sometimes in the RPS chatroom too :o)

Steam ID is the same: Riaktion

Add me if you'd like - devilstar20.