Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar

Iron Grip: Marauders -- F2P TBS

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31740/

I've just cracked the first tutorial...not enough to pass judgement, but not too shabby so far. I'll take all the F2P strategy I can get.
    steam

The dial on my interest meter is pushing into the moderate zone for this title. I've experience with only one other turn-based online only multi-player game, that being Poxnora. Whist I haven't played that in over a year, I do like that type of game. I just need some further incentive to read more about this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks interesting. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Pay for only units seem hazardous to balance, the raid tutorial is buggy if you press back, I lost my steam given ambulance in the tutorial... I but in retrospect I don't care too much.

Lots of money sinks and grind potential.

It's lovely to see have such a game exist however. I hope that it will grow and develop.

I was actually pretty sceptical about this, having enjoyed the last two Iron Grip games it seemed strange that they were switching to a turn based strategy. But this looks pretty great, I'm going to hold off until it's had more reviews, but if the verdict is positive I'm going to get stuck in.

I am still playing this for little bursts. The horse men Grenadiers are fun due to their versatility and weaknesses. The ambulance works especially well with the super mobile horses. I'm currently sticking to the tank hero because the sniper is useless.

I wish the inventory had a mobile browser client.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    I gave it a go last night, but I found every aspect of the game that isn't the actual gameplay to be a complete chore because of the browser-based design. If all the menus and what-not were done 'properly' I could imagine myself getting stuck into it.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

What browser are you using? The thing steam launches into is terribubble. I've been playing with chrome.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Well, when you launch from Steam it just launches in its own game window, and yeah, terribubble about sums it up... You would think the developers would make sure their browser sold the game to people, instead of making them quit after 10 minutes.
    I honestly didn't consider launching it in a browser, but if I get the itch again I might give it another shot. But they really shot themselves in the foot there.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...